Which celeb(s) have you ever talked to?

Comments

• edited March 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Timothy Dalton (legend, signed my Shaun Of The Dead DVD at the Hot Fuzz premiere because I didn't know he was in the film and had nothing else for him to sign)

Christopher Eccleston (nice guy, which I wasn't expecting because he's a United fan :)) )

Russell Howard (comedian for thsose of you not in the UK who don't know him).
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I've never actually talked to one but I have been around a few.

Tommy Morrison (Boxer who acted in Rocky 5 as Tommy Gun)
    Seth Green and Breckin Meyer (when they did their Robot Chicken on Wheels tour)
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 251
    I have talked to quite few I suppose...
    Bond wise, Pierce Brosnan. He looked like a total mega star, even while trying not to. I walked out of a hotel with him to the end of the street, and chatted Bond, and The Matador which had just come out. He was very gracious, and happy to chat. Top guy. And soooo cool. People were falling over their feet when they spotted him, it must be strange to live live like this.....

Roger Moore at a signing. Total gent. Signed my book for me, and my dad who was having treatment for cancer at the time. He wrote a lovely message.......

what a man...

Lets see now...
    Lemmy, got me into the Rainbow bar ang grill many times when I was underage...
    Dave Mustaine, total softy.
    Glenn Close, frosty.
    Jimmy Page, total cool gent, couldnt have met a nicer person.
    Gene Simmons, cool as ice, VERY tall.
    Peter Davidson
    Blur
    Radiohead
    oh, so many bands, I can`t remember them all....
    My mate went fishing with Tim Dalton, very cool guy....
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Name just about any hard rock/heavy metal act from the late 70's throughout the 80's and I probably either knew them or had at least met them.

@SirHenryLeeChaChing Have you met Alice Cooper or Ozzy Osbourne? That would be badass.

Yes, I have. Alice after a free outdoor summer show in Philly during the "Hey Stoopid" tour. Very nice fellow. We both love music and golf so he was quite pleasant and chatty. His daughter was engaged to a local musician (Still Standing) whose parents my wife and I knew from the metal days and we met her a few years back. My wife didn't introduce me to her, all I knew was she was some girl I gave a light for her cigarette and later on my wife told me who she was.

Ozzy I met backstage at the Tower Theater during Zakk Wylde's first tour with him, pretty sure it was the "No Rest For The Wicked". BonJovi's best friend Obie O'Brien knew Ozzy's tour manager and arranged for 5 tickets and all access passes for us. It was me, my wife, my mother, my best friend and best man Ed, and his girlfriend at the time. Ozzy really took a liking to my mother for some reason that Ed and I still laugh about to this day. He shook everyone's hand but gave my Mom a kiss on the cheek (saying "Ello Mum") in greeting and then again when we left (saying G'bye Mum). Other than Blackie Lawless, Ozzy was Ed's hero and he was so starstruck that you could see the wheels turning but he was barely able to stammer a few words. We still laugh about that one too. Sharon was with him and seemed rather busy with other matters but still took a minute or two to chat and was both funny and nice to us. Later on we went drinking across the street and Zakk was completely blasted drunk and entertained everyone in the bar with his antics.

I should also mention I know a ton of pro wrestlers as well. Some like various musicians I've mentioned are still friends and stay in touch. My personal phone book features quite a few famous people. I'd like to think it speaks favorably for me as a fun guy to hang out with.

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Talked to the following people during our last F.A.C.T.S convention in Ghent (Belgium):

<ul>
    <li>Charisma Carpenter (:|
    <li>Dina Meyer :X
    <li>Julian Glover :-D
    </ul>

I missed Edward Furlong but boy, he looks nothing like little John Connor anymore. ;-)

The one from Buffy and Angel, Darth?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Talked to the following people during our last F.A.C.T.S convention in Ghent (Belgium):

<ul>
    <li>Charisma Carpenter (:|
    <li>Dina Meyer :X
    <li>Julian Glover :-D
    </ul>

I missed Edward Furlong but boy, he looks nothing like little John Connor anymore. ;-)

If you google Edward Furlong his bio picture is his mugshot! =))
    I see some celebraties but never really talk to them. I did speak to Chase Masterson at a Trek Convention once. She's hot.
    Saw Tom Flores once (arrogant bastard)
    Reggie Jackson (creep)
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 115
    I once spoke to former featherweight champion Colin McMillan at an amatuer boxing gig five years ago. Really nice bloke who let me have my picture with him (Sadly, the mobile used to take it doesn't work now). :(
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I once spoke to former featherweight champion Colin McMillan at an amatuer boxing gig five years ago. Really nice bloke who let me have my picture with him (Sadly, the mobile used to take it doesn't work now). :(

Does the SIM card work? The picture should still be on there even if the mobile is dead.
  • I think I threw the phone out now, fella. Thanks all the same.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Drat. That's a real bummer. At least it wasn't a picture with Sean Connery though, think positive! ;)
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 816
    I've met a couple of celebs:

Dirk Benedict (Face from the A-Team): He's nice, but a little sinister now.
    Dwight Schultz (Murdock from The A-Team): He was awesome.
    Billy Boyd (From Lord of the Rings): Awesome dude!

^
    |

Those where at a convention, and I also met the girl that gets eaten by the Rancor in Return of the Jedi, and one of the Airforce Colonels from the Circus scene in Octopussy (but he refused to talk about Bond)

Then I met a couple of Dutch celebs (from The Netherlands, where I live):

Victor Reinier: He's quite a famous Dutch actor, and I was lucky enough to be able to work on the Tv-Series Flikken Maastricht for a day. After the shoot wrapped they introduced me to him, and we talked for a good while about my love for films, the respect I had for him and the crew, and about the short films I've made. Someone later told me he had really liked me, I thought that was nice to hear!

Sergio Ijsel: Also a star of Flikken Maastricht, met him twice. He was very friedly both times.

'De Lama's': This is a comical improvisation group in the Netherlands, and my sister was like one of their biggest fans. One of them is a huge Bond fan, and we talked about the Bond watch we where both wearing once.

Vreneli van Helbergen: A Dutch actress, but I met her when she was working in the clothing department for Flikken. She was very friendly, seemed amused that I had recognized her, and made sure I had a good place in front of the monitor so I could see all the filming.

Adjust Bouwman: He was a guest on De Lama's for a few episodes, and was also in a couple of commercials in the Netherlands, he was actually my drama teacher for a year, so I got to know him quite personally.

From the world of Bond:

George Lazenby James Bond
    Desmond Llewelyn Q
    Richard Kiel Jaws
    Tanya Roberts Stacey Sutton :x
    Robert Davi Franz Sanchez
    Andreas Wiesnicki Necros
    Julain Glover Aris Kristatos
    Laurence Makoare Mr Kil
    Maryam D'abo Kira Milovy
    Goldie Bull
    Honor Blackman Pussy Galore
    Maud Adams Octopussy and Andrea Anders
    Britt Eckland Mary Goodnight

Looking to add a considerable few more this year at a number of events! :-bd
  • @SirHenryLeeChaChing I know we don't always agree, but you're a f*cking legend. I'd kill to meet Alice Cooper.
    Met Richard Kiel once at a movie-fair, he was a real prince and took time with my then very young daughters.

Had a coffee once with George Michael, a real nice bloke.

Shook Suggs (of Madness) his hand to thank him for all their marvelous music.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    None personally, but I watched my friend go over and talk with Nathan Lane and Stanley Tucci at a lovely resort in New Mexico. They were super pleasant, real gentlemen, and funny. And they look exactly like they do on film.
  • Rachel Weisz while filming The Bourne Legacy here in Manila. She was talking with the crew and I was walking along the sidewalk, saw her and greeted her "Good day, Ms. Weisz" and she smiled. I actually thought about greeting her as "Mrs. Craig", but what the hell. Too bad I didn't catch even a glimpse of Daniel Craig when he went here.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Rachel Weisz while filming The Bourne Legacy here in Manila. She was talking with the crew and I was walking along the sidewalk, saw her and greeted her "Good day, Ms. Weisz" and she smiled. I actually thought about greeting her as "Mrs. Craig", but what the hell. Too bad I didn't catch even a glimpse of Daniel Craig when he went here.
    Kudos to you for being a fine gentlemen to such a lovely woman.
    =D>
  • @SirHenryLeeChaChing I know we don't always agree, but you're a f*cking legend. I'd kill to meet Alice Cooper.

Me, a legend? Nah. That's Alice and Ozzy, not me. Being in the music business just meant that a lot of doors that are shut to most people were opened for me. I got to be friends with a few famous guys who took a liking to me, but mostly all I ever had to do to meet anyone was to contact someone I knew at the artist's record company, and tickets/backstage passes would be arranged.

Anyone else you can think of that you want to know more about as far as what they were or are like, let me know.

Well, I met and talked to a few celebrities. Let's see:

French actor Michel Blanc, at a party organized by a private local radio I was affiliated with in the 80's

Jean Butler and Colin Dunne at the artists entrance of the Drury Lane after a show (Dancing on Dangerous Ground in 1999)

Ruthie Henshall at a signing at Dress Circle in 2001.

But the majority of the celebs I've met and talked to are part of the anglo-saxon comic book world. For a long while, I wrote for a fanzine about comics, and so went to quite a few conventions and signings in order to get interviews. So, among the people I met there were, in no particular order: Alan Grant, Neil Gaiman, Grant Morrison, George Pérez, John Byrne, Archie Goodwin, Joe Kubert, Garth Ennis, John McCrea, John Bolton, Mark Bukingham, Phil Foglio, Coleen Doran, William Messner-Loebs, Peter David, and so many others that I can't name them all. Ah, those were the days !
    Sister Sledge (she sung "We Are Family") was at my uncle's wedding this summer. I don't listen to her music, and wasn't at all a fan, so I was unmoved. Everyone I consider to be a celebrity or who I would loose my wits when I saw them is already dead or retired.
    Sister Sledge (she sung "We Are Family") was at my uncle's wedding this summer. I don't listen to her music, and wasn't at all a fan, so I was unmoved. Everyone I consider to be a celebrity or who I would loose my wits when I saw them is already dead or retired.

Not being a pain in the behind but Sister Sledge is 4 people.

Sister Sledge is an American musical group from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, formed in 1971 and consisting of four sisters: Kim Sledge (born August 21, 1957), Debbie Sledge (born July 9, 1954), Joni Sledge (born September 13, 1955), and Kathy Sledge (born January 6, 1959). They are granddaughters of the former opera singer Viola Williams. The sisters used to perform under the name of "Mrs. Williams' Grandchildren." The group is best known for their hit songs "We Are Family" and "He's the Greatest Dancer".

edited August 2012 Posts: 28,694
    SaintMark wrote:

Not being a pain in the behind but Sister Sledge is 4 people.

Sister Sledge is an American musical group from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, formed in 1971 and consisting of four sisters: Kim Sledge (born August 21, 1957), Debbie Sledge (born July 9, 1954), Joni Sledge (born September 13, 1955), and Kathy Sledge (born January 6, 1959). They are granddaughters of the former opera singer Viola Williams. The sisters used to perform under the name of "Mrs. Williams' Grandchildren." The group is best known for their hit songs "We Are Family" and "He's the Greatest Dancer".
    As you can see once again, I am not a fan. It was Kathy who was at the wedding. I think the reason why I never got into their music was because they are more of a one or two hit wonder type of group. "We Are Family" is the only song ever played it seems.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 40,470
    While I haven't met Pierce Brosnan (trust me, you would know: I'd have insanely lost my mind on these forums and probably pissed myself with excitement) I read this blog snippet about someone who met him a few weeks ago on the set of his new film 'A Long Way Down.' Pretty entertaining read.

http://theincrediblesuit.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/when-incredible-suit-met-james-bond.html
    Sir Steve Redgrave
    Danny Boyle
    Sir Chris Hoy
    Matt Dawson

As you can tell, I was quite busy in the Olympics this summer......
  • I have talked to Robin Williams. This was way back in 1995. I was visting the Paramount Studios lot in Los Angeles and he was there filming "THE BIRDCAGE". He was taking a break and there were a group of us standing around on the tour waiting for some stars to appear. Robin Williams came over to say hello and we ended up having a chat about what film he was doing and what I thought of Los Angeles. Diane Wiest drove past in a car and shouted "Don't belive a word he says!"....On the same tour Richard Gere walked past and didn't say a word. There were also members of the STAR TREK Next Generations cast hanging out - that got a lot of people excited but I had no idea who they were. On the same trip I visited the Warner Bros studios and didn't manage to talk to any one famous. But I did see Teri Hatcher who I guess must have been there filming Lois and Clark. It was also on this trip (i think) that I saw Richard Kiel. He wasn't signing anything but just out in public. I should have asked him something but respected his privacy. Bond related celebs that I have talked to include Michael G Wilson, Desmond Llewelyn, Michelle Yeoh and Roger Spottiswoode. I was again in Los Angeles in 1997 and just happened to be passing by when Pierce was unveiling his star on the Hollywood walk of fame. I didn't manage to speak to Pierce but I did get to ask Wilson,Llewelyn,Yeoh and Spottiswoode a few questions about TND. They even signed my TND soundtrack CD which strangely I had just bought!!!...
    I have been within arms reach of Steven Spielberg at the premiere of "SCHINDLER's LIST" but unfortunately didn't get his autograph or get to chat...
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    From the Bond universe:

ACTORS
    Daniel Craig
    Eunice Gayson
    Honor Blackman
    Shirley Eaton
    Burt Kwouk
    Shane Rimmer
    Michael Lonsdale

PRODUCTION
    Barbara Broccoli
    Michael Wilson
    Ken Adam
    Lindy Hemming
    Vic Armstrong
    Norman Wanstall

LITERARY
    Charlie Higson
    Jeffery Deaver.

That's all I can think of for now.
  • I am feeling so tortured right now-- Arnold freaking Schwarzenegger is in Washington DC TONIGHT for his book signing-- I live a lousy 25 minutes away, but the event is sold out already :-((
    If i am EXTREMELY LUCKY? I will hopefully get to meet Roger Moore later this week? [-O<
    RogueAgent wrote:
    If i am EXTREMELY LUCKY? I will hopefully get to meet Roger Moore later this week? [-O<

Is this An Evening With Roger Moore that you are talking about?