Which celeb(s) have you ever talked to?

Comments

• Tim Scott is Michael Caine's daughter's husband.
    The man I know is Roland Fernyhough (I think I've spelt his name right), and he represented Britain in equestrianism at the Games. I haven't seen him in a while, though, so they might have split up by now. I think Michael Caine's got more than one daughter, anyway.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Ahh, okay. Still pretty cool!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Talked to the following people during our last F.A.C.T.S convention in Ghent (Belgium):
    • Charisma Carpenter (:|
    • Dina Meyer :X
    • Julian Glover :-D
    I missed Edward Furlong but boy, he looks nothing like little John Connor anymore. ;-)
  • I talked to Tomer Sisley (Largo Winch) after he performed on stage (he's also a stand up comedian) in Mauritius.
    Great guy. He gave us tips about one-man shows. :)
  • I actually met Sean Astin at a convention on Sunday. He was really nice.
    I also met Christopher Lloyd last year, but he wasn't in a very talkative mood as he had signed hundreds of signatures that day and seemed exhausted...
  • <b>Michael Schumacher</b> and Jacques Villeneuve - 2002 Canadian F1 GP. Got an autograph, and had the chance to exchange a few words !! It was my first time attending such event, and I had F1 paddock club tickets with my dad.
    I envy you. Michael Schumacher is my favorite driver. A living legend.

• nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    <b>Michael Schumacher</b> and Jacques Villeneuve - 2002 Canadian F1 GP. Got an autograph, and had the chance to exchange a few words !! It was my first time attending such event, and I had F1 paddock club tickets with my dad.
    I envy you. Michael Schumacher is my favorite driver. A living legend.

You have to be lucky just to get those tickets... forget anything else! Nice one DC

Just last month Pierce Brosnan came into my store, in Halifax. It's a kitchen store.

Ironically, he bought a Martini shaker. How fitting, eh?

He seemed like a nice guy, for the 2 minutes I had talking with him.
    Just last month Pierce Brosnan came into my store, in Halifax. It's a kitchen store.

Did you have the guts to talk Bond? :p
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 1,497
    Sir Christopher Lee: 2003 Booksigning, London
    George Lazenby: 2011 OHMSS screening, Hollywood
    Trina Parks (Thumper): 2011 OHMSS screening, Hollywood
    Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn: 2006, Burbank, CA: Served them coffee
    Sean Astin: Same as above: served him coffee
    Tim Allen Yep, served him coffee too...he wasn't the nicest guy in the world that's for sure.
    Ed Begley Jr. 2011, Talk/Booksigning, Los Angeles, CA
    Emitt Rhodes: You guys probably don't know him, but a legendary musician. It was a thrill for me.
    A bunch of WWE wrestlers, Brutus the Barber Beefcake, Hillbilly Jim, Big Boss Man,1990, NY
    ...Oh and I saw Courtney Love in a Guitar Center in LA a few years ago.
    DarthDimi wrote:

I made a little joke yeah, and got a laugh out of him. Nothing huge.

• edited November 2011 Posts: 35
    Josh Groban – I saw his tour bus after a concert I went to with my mom on my birthday in 2004. He was walking to his bus to leave and I got his autograph and a picture with him. The best birthday present!
    Alexei Yagudin – 2002 Olympic Gold Medalist in Men’s Figure Skating - I’ve met him twice. Once in Oklahoma City after a skating show and the next time in Dallas where he bought me a drink. Russians are a lot of FUN especially after a few vodkas.
    Emerson Fittipaldi – 1989 in Toronto, Canada at the Molson Indy.
    Lorenzo Lamas – He was kissing all of the girls at a car show in Louisville. I was only 12 and he kissed me on the lips. I was walking on clouds for weeks after. He went to kiss my mom on the lips but she turned her head and told him she was a married woman, LOL!!!

A few more but I won't bore you with the details.
    DarthDimi wrote:

I made a little joke yeah, and got a laugh out of him. Nothing huge.

I'd love to talk to Pierce. He looks like a great guy to me.
  • Just as a fun factoid, Pierce Brosnan stunt double and lookalike David Lyon owns Imperium Food and Wine in Celebration, FL. I went to a luxury car show there a couple of years ago and saw him outside of his wine bar and he looks a lot like Pierce. I have yet to go there and eat. I'll have to do that before I move away next year. How do I know who he is? I read a lovely article here a few years ago... http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=2931
    At a festival in 2001 we queued for the wurlitzer/spinning thing and Little Britains Matt Lucas was in front of us. He was as drunk as we were and we had a great time as he joined us on the ride. He screamed like a banshee.

A year ago I was drinking in the White Swan in Limehouse and Ian McKellan joined us. He drinks London Pride.
  • Numerous from events, screenings, discussions, and projects. Never paid too much attention for I never wanted to appear tacky. My wife works mainly on NBC programs and has worked with so many over the years. As a DGA trainee she was an AD on War of the Worlds, where she worked alongside Vic Armstrong! Later 30 Rock, Law & Order, etc. I worked with Roy Scheider, directed him in voice over sessions. Would enjoy a meeting with Bond personnel at some point.
  • Princess Diana - Talked to her briefly and shook her hand in 1995 during the 50th anniversary to mark the end of World War II. On my shy remark that I am from Germany she replied, that everyone is very welcome in the UK and especially on an occasion like this.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2011 Posts: 28,694
    ^
    What an honor.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Been fortunate to <i>see</i> many a famous person, but those I've spoken to (unless I'm forgetting any)...

Roger Moore
    George Lazenby
    Richard Kiel
    Britt Ekland
    Maud Adams
    Caroline Munro
    Maryam d'Abo
    Jeffrey Deaver
    Shirley Robertson (Double Olympic-winning UK rower)
    Deepak Verma (played, er, Sanjay in EastEnders)

Oh, and @MiaFarrow replied to a tweet from me last night, but not sure that exactly counts in this thread... ;)
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 35
    Princess Diana - Talked to her briefly and shook her hand in 1995 during the 50th anniversary to mark the end of World War II. On my shy remark that I am from Germany she replied, that everyone is very welcome in the UK and especially on an occasion like this.

Too cool!!
  • St_George wrote:
    Oh, and @MiaFarrow replied to a tweet from me last night, but not sure that exactly counts in this thread... ;)

Of course it counts. It may not be face to face but she interacted with you. :) It's interesting how Facebook and Twitter have made celebrities more accessible.
    St_George wrote:
    Richard Kiel

We need that photograph again, George. Please indulge us. :)

• St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    DarthDimi wrote:
    St_George wrote:
    Richard Kiel

You know I only bring it out on special occasions, so to speak - and it's certainly not Christmas yet... ;)
    St_George wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    St_George wrote:
    Richard Kiel

You know I only bring it out on special occasions, so to speak - and it's certainly not Christmas yet... ;)

You little tease you. ;;)
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Name just about any hard rock/heavy metal act from the late 70's throughout the 80's and I probably either knew them or had at least met them.

@SirHenryLeeChaChing Have you met Alice Cooper or Ozzy Osbourne? That would be badass.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I really need to get out more. I've seen Dan Akroyd in person before - he was at a parade in my town - and I really want to say I've seen Richard Kiel at the same parade, but I was young when it happened, so I'm not too sure. I would love to meet so many of the people listed here. Chatting with Pierce Brosnan? Drinking with Ian McKellen? I'm so jealous.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I once sat on a plane next to a woman who lived in the same town as the Jacksons, and she knew Michael. :-\"
    met George a few years back at a convension and had a good 10 mins chat and photo. Also Jaws, Sanchez, Pussy, Octopussy, Holly Goodhead, and a few more over the years
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    largo2 wrote:
    met George a few years back at a convension and had a good 10 mins chat and photo. Also Jaws, Sanchez, Pussy, Octopussy, Holly Goodhead, and a few more over the years

^:)^
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 3,333
    Spoken to:
    Fiona Fullerton (at TLD premiere)
    Desmond Llewelyn (at TLD premiere)
    George Lazenby (signing)
    Eli Roth (signing)
    Daniel Craig (in a pub when he was a barman)
    Gavin Rossdale and guitarist Nigel Pulsford (I know Nigel pretty well)
    Paul Weller (at his party)

Seen on the Street (or pub)
    Keanu Reeves
    Natalie Portman
    Jack Black
    John Hurt
    Billy Zane
    Christian Slater
    Rufus Sewell
    Terrence Stamp
    Robert Plant (once in a pub and also walking past me in street)
    Noel Gallagher (in a pub)
    John Cleese (outside his old house)
    Nick Cave (pub)
    Jonathan Pryce (held the door open for me once)
    Matt Smith (watching footie in pub with Daisy Lowe)
    In fact there's so many I can't mention them all.