Actresses You Think Would Have Made Good Bond Girls

Comments

• I'm pretty sure that Catherine Deneuve ( by the way, she was and still is a gorgeous woman) would've have made a great Bond girl. Imagine her as Tracy. While I still think that Diana Rigg owned the part, when I read Fleming's OHMSS, it's always Deneuve that I envision as Tracy.
  • You know who else reminds me of Fleming's Tracy? Kim Novak in Vertigo.
    kimnovakvertigo.jpg
    Even her character in that movie reminded me of Tracy.

I also think that Bridgette Wilson might've made a good Bond girl in the 90's (I used to have such a girl crush on her after Mortal Kombat).

And maybe Vanessa Redgrave in Connery's era, it seemed that they had good chemistry together in Murder on the Orient Express. :)
  • jackdagger wrote:
    You know who else reminds me of Fleming's Tracy? Kim Novak in Vertigo.
    kimnovakvertigo.jpg

I also think that Bridgette Wilson might've made a good Bond girl in the 90's (I used to have such a girl crush on her after Mortal Kombat).

And maybe Vanessa Redgrave in Connery's era, it seemed that they had good chemistry together in Murder on the Orient Express. :)

I think that Redgrave would have had better chemistry with Dalton... ;-)

Interestingly, Vertigo is one of my favourite films but I had never thought about Novak as Fleming's version of Vesper. But it makes a lot of sense to me.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    edited January 2013 Posts: 259
    jackdagger wrote:
    You know who else reminds me of Fleming's Tracy? Kim Novak in Vertigo.
    kimnovakvertigo.jpg

Kim Novak was in her 30's when Bond came out. She may have make an interesting Pussy Galore if Honor Blackman wasn't casted. I could imagine Connery's Bond waking up and seeing Kim Novak saying "my name is Pussy Galore". That would be interesting IMO.

For Bridgette Wilson, yeah if only Dalton's 3rd Bond film happen or somewhere between 1991-1996 if we had a Bond film, she might have been cast since she was Miss Teen USA 1990 and EON has the habit of having hot model as Bond girls (Claudine Auger, Daniela Bianchi, Aliza Gur, Tania Mallet, etc...)

Just one thing I'm noticing from all these:

You don't see cheekbones on a girl like you did in the 60's & 70's. :(
    edited December 2012 Posts: 259
    oh, how could I forgot Nicole Kidman.

batman-forever.jpg

$(KGrHqFHJBsE-M-lQmsIBPmFI0Z3Qw~~60_35.JPG

If only there was a Bond film in the early 90's, she may had that opportunity.

I almost forgot this actress, does anybody know Valeria Golino from Rain Man, and Hot Shots!

150px-Valeria_Golino.jpg

6700-15562.gif

6700-8851.gif

She would've made an excellent Bond girl if there had been a Bond film in between 1990-1996. For Licence to kill, if Talisa Soto wasn't casted I would've casted Valeria as Lupe instead.

• edited December 2012 Posts: 414
    Almost all of the babes from the Pink Panther movies would also have made good Bond girls.

936full-claudia-cardinale.jpg

42rcc7m2ceboccmc.jpg

photo.jpg

PDVD_043.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!pIE8V(tFEVqBPRY,7cSlw~~60_57.JPG

Eureka_S1_Debrah_Farentino_001.jpg

Aishwarya-Rai-10.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sophia Loren would have been such a bloody knockout a knockout's knockout would have been knocked out just by the sight of her.

tumblr_l761jmj4HY1qaxmqqo1_500.jpg

sofia-loren.jpg

13118C1B4CFE6714392B94

p5Z557nsfwM.jpg

chutedelempireromain07g.jpg

64398977_1285263849_141e2ea5854e5dd960246ac23e8.jpg
  • Rachel Weisz. I always thought she could be an excellent Bond girl. She could have been a great Vesper! I doubt she'd be cast now that she's Mrs. Bond in real life. The only circumstance I can imagine is if a role fits her and she gets the script and everything's cool, they're ok, and Craig convinces Babs and MGW.
    Jacqueline Bisset would have been great next to Moore in TSWLM

A young Lauren Becall would have been great in TB, and a serious DAF

Jaclyn Smith could have played Staci Sutton in AVTAK

Angela Basset would have been a great actress to play Jinx. Older more worldly and believable than what we got stuck with.
    edited December 2012 Posts: 259
    OHMSS69 wrote:
    Jacqueline Bisset would have been great next to Moore in TSWLM

A young Lauren Becall would have been great in TB, and a serious DAF

Jaclyn Smith could have played Staci Sutton in AVTAK

Angela Basset would have been a great actress to play Jinx. Older more worldly and believable than what we got stuck with.

Change that to Moonraker, I think Bisset would've fit Holly Goodhead/Gala Brand. I like Barbara Bach as Anya. For Angela Basset, I think older does not mean better.
    Also I look around and thought about this famous French-Vietnamese actress France Nuyen. I think she would've made a fine Bond girl. If EON had cast her, she would've been the first Vietnamese Bond girl.

220px-France_Nuyen_in_Satan_Never_Sleeps.jpg

6992085859_5615071cf5_z.jpg

france-nuyen-07.jpg

Also beside Frances Nuyen. I also thought Nancy Kwan would've made an excellent Bond girl, I think she would've fit Ms. Taro for Dr. No better then having a white person with yellowface makeup (Zena Marshall) to look Asian:

nancy-kwan.jpg

nancy-kwan-1-sized.jpg

Nancy-Kwan1.png

I second the suggestion of Catherine Deneuve.

I also suggest...
    Maruschka Detmers.

You want photos? Have photos.

aA3StdTkBitXuDv8WikVkuYi2Ri.jpg

multicine_antena_3.jpg

5d221c78f86faf003024f408.jpeg?auto=compress%2Cformat&blur=0&ch=Width%2CDPR%2CViewport-Width&dpr=2&fit=max&fm=jpg&h=265&w=265&s=516d5b3c65e88c504df86e79882ffd76

gxNKbpN8ggTUxrO9kZK6IptviCV.jpg

You want video? Have video.

https://fresques.ina.fr/europe-des-cultures-en/fiche-media/Europe00131/maruschka-detmers.html

Ingrid Bergman. Duh... ;)
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,247
    jobo wrote: »

True, Great actress. If only time could reverse....she was great in Casablanca as well. But let's add AVA GARDNER to the wishful list as well.
    GadgetMan wrote: »

True, Great actress. If only time could reverse....she was great in Casablanca as well. But let's add AVA GARDNER to the wishful list as well.

Good choice. Not to mention CAUDIA CARDINALE!

Another Great choice. I think you meant CLAUDIA CARDINALE. She would have made a great Major Amasova too.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I would've loved to have seen Eva Renzi in a James Bond film. She auditioned for the role of Helga Brandt in You Only Live Twice.

eva-renzi-kinopoisk-ru-eva-renzi-2352649.jpg
    Yeah, Renzi would have also been great. But I think she rejected the Bond girl role.

Another Great choice. I think you meant CLAUDIA CARDINALE. She would have made a great Major Amasova too.

Yeah, lol! The L got lost somewhere ;)
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 17,297
    Yeah, Renzi would have also been great. But I think she rejected the Bond girl role.

I really liked her as Samantha Steel in Funeral in Berlin.
    ______

She was an unofficial Bond girl of course, but Jacqueline Bisset really should have been a "proper" Bond girl:

JBI020.jpg
    True @Torgeirtrap. Even as Miss Goodthighs, I could see the potential. She would have been a sultry Bond girl or a femme fatale.
    True @Torgeirtrap. Even as Miss Goodthighs, I could see the potential. She would have been a sultry Bond girl or a femme fatale.
    Very much so, @GadgetMan! I think she could have been a great 70s/early 80s Bond girl in the Moore era, for example – as Solitaire, Mary Goodnight/Andrea Anders, Anya Amasova, Melina Havelock, or Octopussy even.
    Very much so, @GadgetMan! I think she could have been a great 70s/early 80s Bond girl in the Moore era, for example – as Solitaire, Mary Goodnight/Andrea Anders, Anya Amasova, Melina Havelock, or Octopussy even.

Yeah, she could easily fit into any one of those characters.
    I've always thought at some point, Marilyn Monroe would have been a Bond girl.
    I have always thought Barbara Bouchet would have made a good Tania, although she was probably a bit too young for the part at the time...
    I have always thought Barbara Bouchet would have made a good Tania, although she was probably a bit too young for the part at the time...

Yeah, she had that 'fierce beauty' look.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I always thought Barbara would have played a role or cameo in a film. To be honest i like her :x
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSmX48-UeZ53L_S-rEudG9kgHc8LKiq4RvV8Q&usqp=CAU
    @Resurrection, I've been crying for her to do Cameos. She's that beautiful, but I think she's the shy type, coz if she really wanted, she would do Cameos.