The Big Space Exploration Topic [21-08-2017: Total Solar Eclipse in the USA!]

Comments

Are we really.....that far gone that we prefer bathing in the negativity of the ÜK Referendum"-forum, the "American President"-forum, etc.......by simply ignoring a wonderful, positive topic like this?

:(
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Wonderful stuff, isn't it? I think Pluto may yet surprise us.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 11,119
    Tonight, the NASA space probe Juno arrives at Jupiter. It will immediately go into orbit insertion:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/juno/main/index.html

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/missions/juno/

EJSM_Image4.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Can't beat a good insertion, of an evening ! :D
    Saturn is the real worry though, or Satan as it should be known - it's electromagnetic waves are altering our reality. Check out the F ring objects that are sending us new realities every day. Scott has been telling us about it in Prometheus and how we have been engineered and created by others...
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Those Brexiters get everywhere. ;)
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 140

Saturn is the one to watch .
    Sanchairs wrote: »

But, we are talking about Jupiter now.....

• edited July 2016 Posts: 140
    The Eyes' have it.
    Juno has been safely put into orbit around Jupiter! Bravo NASA ;-)!!

• edited July 2016 Posts: 4,622
    Didn't the monoliths blow up Jupiter at the end of 2010 and turn it into a new star called Lucifer. Clarke got that wrong ;)
    Might still be underwater monster life on Europa though, and maybe we'll find Dave Bowman and rescue him from Hal!
    timmer wrote: »
    Didn't the monoliths blow up Jupiter at the end of 2010 and turn it into a new star called Lucifer. Clarke got that wrong ;)
    Might still be underwater monster life on Europa though, and maybe we'll find Dave Bowman and rescue him from Hal!

I really liked "2010". It's so much more 'Star Trek' than the 1984 "Star Trek 3: The Search For Spock". It's really a movie about exploration in its core.
    2010 is a good movie . I have 2001 on blu-ray. Spectacular beyond belief.
    I may grab 2010 on Blu too.
    I read 2063 Odyssey 3 just to see, where things were going post 2010.....Good catching up with Dave Bowman....sort of, or with what he's become.
    The monoliths turn real nasty towards humanity in the future though....still have to read 3001... although I've read the synopsis...Dave and Hal save the day.....
    AC sure would have loved all this fresh Jupiter news
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The title is 2061: Odyssey Three.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    It's so good to find many of you intrigued by or at the very least interested in and in fact in some cases inspired by this amazing stuff. Thanks also to @Gustav_Graves for the regular updates here. :-)
    The title is 2061: Odyssey Three.
    Close though. Only missed it by two years.

Isn't this wonderful?

Intimidating.

Wasn´t aware that Pluto and even Mars are so small.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Intimidating.

Wasn´t aware that Pluto and even Mars are so small.

After the Dawn (Ceres) and New Horizons (Pluto) missions, I have really started to appreciate those small two dwarf planets. Especially Ceres is very interesting as a future rover mission to the bright white spots.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Yes, I read it ;-). They say it is an habitable exoplanet. But people tend to forget how dangerous and erratic red dwars are, especially opposed to our own Sun, which is a yellow dwarf.

Yellow dwarfs like our Sun are more or less stable. Even when it endures a mass corona ejection, it's not that harmful. Red dwarfs however.....have to endure coronal mass ejections that are way more dangerous for its planets.
  • This is all nonsense. I don't believe space exists because I've never seen it for myself. Look at the facts, the resources aren't there for proper travel. It's all CGI green screens made on a fancy computer. Space as we know it does not exist.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 4,622
    No no. Space is real. If you were able to commandeer a Moonraker space shuttle for example, like Bond, and were to fly up, you would eventually end up in space.
    The earth atmosphere doesn't go on forever.
    And, if you were on the right trajectory with enough fuel, you would eventually crash or land on the moon.
    We know the moon is there. You can see it most nights, if you look up.
    Happy to help. :D
  • @timmer I appreciate your help, but want to reassure you that I'm being serious here. I acknowledge that the atmosphere of the Earth does not go on forever, but what I'm saying is, that space as we know and think of it, simply does not and can not exist. If you look at the evidence, you would see it to be true. But that's the simple part. The more interesting part - WHY would they lie about what space is supposed to be like? What are they hiding from us?
  • @timmer heiwaco.tripod.com/moontravel.htm Here is some extra evidence which backs up my thinking. Space travel is an absolute fantasy. So we have created some fantasy, some illusion to convince ourselves that the human race cannot be beaten, cannot be defeated. It's a joke that's gone too far. We created the idea of what space should, maybe could look like to cover up the fact that nobody won the space race. And for the foreseeable future, nobody will.
    No I think you are indulging conspiracy theories.
    All we've managed to do via manned space travel, is get to the moon and back and few times That's all anyone is asking us to believe.
    The rest of it is unmanned journeys by probes. Nothing far fetched. We are not being asked to believe anything crazy.
    Its all quite believable.
  • @timmer I wouldn't go as far as to call them conspiracy theories. It is impossible for us to travel to the moon and possibly even more impossible for us to have travelled back. What I'm saying is, space isn't what we think it is. I think there are a lot of lies that have unfolded to make us think space travel is becoming incredibly advanced when it's still at the very basic stages. We're mere mortals and we must accept the fact.
    This is all nonsense. I don't believe space exists because I've never seen it for myself. Look at the facts, the resources aren't there for proper travel. It's all CGI green screens made on a fancy computer. Space as we know it does not exist.

:|