Amy Pascal steps down at Sony, will be a producer

Comments

• edited February 2015 Posts: 4,622
    RC7 wrote: »
    Good riddance is what I say. Anyone who starts spouting drivel about a black man should be playing James Bond, and thinking her opinion carries any weight, should be fired.

Burn her as a witch.

I agree.

I've got the matches!
  • RC7RC7
    timmer wrote: »
    Good riddance is what I say. Anyone who starts spouting drivel about a black man should be playing James Bond, and thinking her opinion carries any weight, should be fired.

Burn her as a witch.

I agree.

I've got the matches!

Yeah! Take that, freedom of expression!

Burn her as a witch.

I agree.

I've got the matches!

What the hell does, saying good riddance to Pascal, have to do with freedom of expression?
    Chill, she's got a new job. She's doing a lot better than most of us probably.

Burn her as a witch.

I agree.

I've got the matches!

What the hell does, saying good riddance to Pascal, have to do with freedom of expression?

Yeah, I think people should not get on their high horse and build strawmen. Nobody said she should be killed for having an idea, but we have the right to think her idea sucks.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Even if it wasn't tongue in cheek, was it a detailed discussion of future Bond actors? Or was most of the email about something else and it was a throwaway line? We don't know.

Well, actually we know.

But first let me say that many people IMO are reading faaaar too much in these private business mails, I really wonder if some of them have ever worked in a company. When Person A writes to Person B that Person C is not doing his job as expected, it looks more like "If he continues it will be a disaster" rather than "well he has one or two days of low motivation but it should be fine in the end" : in a company, you always claim hell is at the door if you want your colleague to bother.

And well, about that particular Idris Elba mail : this a one-line mail. The answer is "Tell that to our director". Many of these mails are not mails, they are text messages sent through mail.

Burn her as a witch.

I agree.

I've got the matches!

Well said!

B-)
  • RC7RC7

Burn her as a witch.

I agree.

I've got the matches!

Don't worry, I'm cool as a cucumber. Unlike those who lose their shit when the words 'black' and 'Bond' are mentioned in the same sentence. Never fails to make me laugh.

Burn her as a witch.

I agree.

I've got the matches!

Don't worry, I'm cool as a cucumber. Unlike those who lose their shit when the words 'black' and 'Bond' are mentioned in the same sentence. Never fails to make me laugh.

Because those who disagreed with Amy Pascal, for whatever reason (for instance that Idris Elba would be 46 should he succeed to Craig) are reallt infringing on her right to free speech. Even if someone is against a Black actor playing Bond... He is not forbidding some executive to have a different opinion on the matter. He is disagreeing with the idea.
    Even if it wasn't tongue in cheek, was it a detailed discussion of future Bond actors? Or was most of the email about something else and it was a throwaway line? We don't know.

Well, actually we know.

But first let me say that many people IMO are reading faaaar too much in these private business mails, I really wonder if some of them have ever worked in a company. When Person A writes to Person B that Person C is not doing his job as expected, it looks more like "If he continues it will be a disaster" rather than "well he has one or two days of low motivation but it should be fine in the end" : in a company, you always claim hell is at the door if you want your colleague to bother.

And well, about that particular Idris Elba mail : this a one-line mail. The answer is "Tell that to our director". Many of these mails are not mails, they are text messages sent through mail.

Maybe we are reading far too much into it and it is true that in companies people have a tendency to be dramatic, or shout these "great ideas" which they have not even thought through.
  • RC7RC7
    Ludovico wrote: »

Burn her as a witch.

I agree.

I've got the matches!

Because those who disagreed with Amy Pascal, for whatever reason (for instance that Idris Elba would be 46 should he succeed to Craig) are reallt infringing on her right to free speech. Even if someone is against a Black actor playing Bond... He is not forbidding some executive to have a different opinion on the matter. He is disagreeing with the idea.

The 'freedom of expression' line was sarcasm, Ludovico. I don't really think that. The same way I don't really think people would fire someone for suggesting a black man could play Bond.

• Campbell2Campbell2 Epsilon Rho Rho house, Bending State University
    Actually, I think whatever she said in private conversation or mails is none of our business. Pretty daft people criticise her for what was never meant for for anybody else but the original recipients.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 2,483

Burn her as a witch.

I agree.

I've got the matches!

He meant freedom of expression for Pascal, not you and your ilk. Differing standards, dontchaknow.

• RC7RC7

Burn her as a witch.

I agree.

I've got the matches!

He meant freedom of expression for Pascal, not you and your ilk. Differing standards, dontchaknow.

Yeah, that's what I meant.
    Oi vey!.just to be clear....your head scratcher "free expression" does not actually come across as sarcasm.
    It just comes across as daft, or really off-mark.
    You could just try saying what you mean.
    Ie."I don't like that some Bond fans don't like that Amy Pascal supports Elba as next Bond"

And our response will be "We don't care".

Free expression and all.
    :D
  • RC7RC7
    Oi vey!.just to be clear....your head scratcher "free expression" does not actually come across as sarcasm.
    Ie."I don't like that some Bond fans don't like that Amy Pascal supports Elba as next Bond"

Free expression and all.

I just enjoy watching the usual suspects see their arse.
    A black James Bond? She must have been smoking copious amounts of some illegal substance at the time!
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 3,279

Burn her as a witch.

I agree.

I've got the matches!

No one is losing their shit here in this thread, as far as I can see.

Now, where are those matches. A witch needs to be burnt... >:)
  • RC7 wrote: »

And it's just a coincidence Amy Pascal is a woman, isn't it ? :)
    Oi vey!.just to be clear....your head scratcher "free expression" does not actually come ancross as sarcasm.

Free expression and all.

Yes, we do amuse each other, on these boards, often unintentionally. ~:>

Amy Pascal is woman!? :-O
  • RC7 wrote: »

Free expression and all.

Ah. Looking in the mirror again, wot.

• RC7RC7
    u2PbpoyLJxZDO.gif
    Despite being scorched by the leaked Sony emails, Amy does seem to have landed with a cushy new gig - producing and distributing her own projects backed with Sony $$.
    The mighty don't fall too far.

Sony does seem to be in trouble. Doesn't seem to have much going on, other than foundering Spiderman franchise.

If I may be of help, although Amy may be well ahead of me on this one, how bout Elba as new Spidey!!!!!

Again, I'm here to help. :D
    They seem to be messing up the Spiderman franchise big time.
    u2PbpoyLJxZDO.gif
    `Hi Lloyd, been away, now I'm back....'

Great movie!
  • RC7RC7
    u2PbpoyLJxZDO.gif

Great movie!

One of my favourites, if not my absolute favourite film.
  • Pascal will co-produce the next Spider-Man movie with Marvel's Kevin Feige.
    Who she was friends with, how she felt about Bond, the producers, how nice she was, etc. doesn't make a bit of difference. I don't worship at the shrine of rich and successful people because they are rich and successful. Nor do I dislike her for the aforementioned reasons. Bond will move forward without her, Sony, or whomever. Bottom line, she lost her job like thousands of other do.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 3,279
    u2PbpoyLJxZDO.gif

Great movie!

Definitely my favourite horror movie, and my favourite Kubrick movie.
    Have you heard about the infamous hospital scene that was cut from the end of this movie?

Pascal will co-produce the next Spider-Man movie with Marvel's Kevin Feige.

They're doomed.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    If it's as bad as the last one, then Yes !
    u2PbpoyLJxZDO.gif

Great movie!

Definitely my favourite horror movie, and my favourite Kubrick movie.
    Have you heard about the infamous hospital scene that was cut from the end of this movie?

Great movie. But my favourite Kubrick movie is still A Clockwork Orange, although 2001 might be his best.

Oh and last off topic remark: Eyes Wide Shut is sorely underrated.