No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Things I would like/ expect to see in Bond 25
    Craig return

Despite rumours of attempting to secure Adele, she has recently ruptured vocal chords and it may be impossible to make the timescale work until her prognosis is known, I believe they will follow current trend like they did bringing in Sam Smith, by looking for Rag'N'Bone Man on theme.

In Spectre Bond has Lucia Sciarra extracted by Felix to safety therefore Jeffrey Wright and Monica Bellucci to return.

London scenes to be limited to HQ. London has been overdone by Skyfall and Spectre.

Aston Martin Valkyrie to feature in the film.

I can only see Nolan directing if new Distrib deal is with Warner Brothers, he is exclusive to them, if rumours of Sony 1 more picture deal are true, it puts Nolan rumours to bed for me.

David Arnold to return.

Locations: Would like to see bond back in the US, also Southern hemisphere, New Zealand, Japan ?

I am not opposed to Dan being the actor who plays Bond to his death, if the story is good, and it's and epic last stand against Blofeld it be a fitting end to Dan's tenure and leave it clean for a reboot for the next guy.

Apart from the London-,the location and the Arnold point your ideas make me truly shiver. Also, I would not be very much interested in the United States as a location.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Bond has never done the US justice (either with locations or with actors) and so I am also not too keen on them going there. There's a history of looking down on it in a way (some of the characterizations in films like DAF are certainly a bit of a caricature). Having said that, I believe it's on account of the film makers rather than the locale itself.

Films like The Rock, National Treasure or even classics like Vertigo have done a far better job of it.

I don't want to see any continuation story either.
    Jeffrey wrote: »
    echo wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Finally some words of wisdom from @Creasy47 and @RC7.
    The Internet really is one big breeding place for mass hysteria. It'll happen when it happens and they'll talk when they talk.

I fail to see why so many here are making so much fuss over simple speculations and pseudo-scientific deductions about what the producers of one of the biggest film series will do next.

Somehow, Barbara Broccoli is taking a lot of heat too. If I understand some posts well, she can't wait to destroy the franchise by feminizing the whole thing up like a mad suffragette. She's become the black sheep in our "interbondum" discussions. And when the new movie hits well and hard, many members just "know" that Michael Wilson probably had had to sedate her to achieve this or that magnificent result. Yes, Cubby's daughter, producer of some of the most critically acclaimed and financially successful Bond films, has somehow turned into this forum's private toilet. You got issues with something? Blame it on "Babs" because she's a girl and what does she know, right? I mean, I keep reading tons of stuff about how she constantly sabotages the series, while most of the problems the series has ever faced were the fault of Harry and that a-hole Kevin McClory and many problems are still leftovers from Harry's clumsy conduct in '74.

But then the Internet is the place to be for people who "know" everything, who read the same bogus in ten different articles, not checking the sources, not realizing that one article with lies can easily spread around and spawn nine more citing the original article as a "reliable source" but no official source whatsoever. Internet lies spread like a virus; Internet hysteria and shared obsessions even faster. For some mysterious reason, many here have become obsessed with "Babs" as the ultimate antagonistic force behind the Bond productions, something I haven't found even an ounce of proof of yet. Like Vatican cardinals, more obsessed with sex than people who actually practice it, many here pretend they know more about Babs and her intentions with the series than folks who have actually walked in her office or had meetings with her and MGW.

I have learned my lesson by now. I'll start discussing things when we hear from EON. Meanwhile, whatever issues I may or may not have with the recent Bond films -- and I only have a few, if any -- are not directly aimed at Barbara Broccoli. I have faith in the producers. And whatever they deliver, I'll see it and review it. But as long as the cook hasn't ringed, I'll stay out of the kitchen and feed off some salty snacks. Plenty of those in my movie collection. The next Bond film will come but when and how and with whom and so forth remains to be seen and isn't something we have any saying in.

Yes, Internet comment boards are like Silicon Valley and Fox News. It's tough to be a woman in any three places. Sexist attacks abound.

I have confidence in Babs.

Of course sometimes there are also people that see sexism when it's not really there. Or is not allowed to have any sort of criticism when it appends to a woman?

Just to clarify, I really don't specifically have any criticism regarding Barbara. But if one does it isn't necessarily sexist.

If anything, I see more criticism of Michael G. Wilson than I do of Barbara Broccoli.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Dennison wrote: »
    I'd rather have no news than the drip feed, is it true/isn't true stuff we're getting. We have one story about DC returning with a film out in 2018 or 2019 quickly followed up by news that Eon are working on a different spy film altogether.

You mean what we've been getting since the release of SP? There hasn't been a "drip feed" because there hasn't been any news past the half-confirmed return of P&W. Rumors and false stories aren't remotely news.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 1,031
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'd rather have no news than the drip feed, is it true/isn't true stuff we're getting. We have one story about DC returning with a film out in 2018 or 2019 quickly followed up by news that Eon are working on a different spy film altogether.

You mean what we've been getting since the release of SP? There hasn't been a "drip feed" because there hasn't been any news past the half-confirmed return of P&W. Rumors and false stories aren't remotely news.

That's exactly the sentiments that I expressed. Drip-feed means a lack of news. I never claimed rumours or false stories to be news. Never even implied that to be frank with you. In fact I'm confused why you've taken the time to write what you have as it doesn't add anything to the discussion - you've just pretty much repeated what I wrote. Strange.

That's exactly the sentiments that I expressed. Drip-feed means a lack of news. I never claimed rumours or false stories to be news. Never even implied that to be frank with you. In fact I'm confused why you've taken the time to write what you have as it doesn't add anything to the discussion - you've just pretty much repeated what I wrote. Strange.

"Is it true/isn't true stuff we're getting" is what you said.

What stuff? Past P&W, everything is 100% rumors. That was my point. Definitely wasn't a repeat of what you said at all. Not sure what story about DC returning with a 2018 film you're discussing, unless it's that post from The Mirror which is, again, a rumor.

What stuff? Past P&W, everything is 100% rumors. That was my point. Definitely wasn't a repeat of what you said at all. Not sure what story about DC returning with a 2018 film you're discussing, unless it's that post from The Mirror which is, again, a rumor.

I was referring to rumours. Really? You want to keep on this ...

So instead of semantics - let's continue to discuss the 25th James Bond film ...

Semantics is dull

Bond is great

Discuss Bond

This is a Bond forum ,.

So instead of semantics - let's continue to discuss the 25th James Bond film ...

Semantics is dull

Bond is great

Discuss Bond

This is a Bond forum ,.

*argues semantics*
    *doesn't want to argue semantics*

You've got it!
    P&W is a rumour too.

Bottom line, as I've said before, is read the 2nd post on this thread. That about sums it up. We know there will be a B25. Eventually. What shape or form it will take, who will star in it, who will direct it and who will distribute it are all up in the air.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 1,661
    It's not just fans. Remember when Sam Mendes talked about the Bond casting process in 2016?

“[Producer] Barbara Broccoli chooses who’s going to be the next Bond: end of story,” Mendes continued. “I can guarantee whatever happens with it, it will not be what you expect. That’s what she’s been brilliant at, and that’s how it’ll survive … it’s not a public vote, and I think we’re in an age where everything is deemed voteable on. Some things just aren’t and it’s better that way.”

He didn't say "Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson choose who's going to be the next Bond, end of story." Comments like that, over time, feed into the impression she is the driving force, rather than Wilson.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/05/mendes-on-bond-it-will-not-be-what-you-expect.html

Mendes' quotes must have substance. If any director knows about Barbara Broccoli and her decision making process, it's Mendes. Perhaps Bond #7 will be someone with limited film experience? Someone like Tom Hughes:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/next-james-bond-victoria-star-8737538

Someone like him - with not major film roles - could be what Mendes means by "it will not be what you expect."

Semantics is dull

Bond is great

Discuss Bond

This is a Bond forum ,.

*argues semantics*

You've got it!

uh? Move on, getting tedious ... and you're are a mod ... come on, don't get into tedium. You're better than this @Creasy47 your posts are normally very readable and I enjoy them. Please don't go in for this kind of pettiness, it's below you.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Semantics is dull

Bond is great

Discuss Bond

This is a Bond forum ,.

*argues semantics*

You've got it!

uh? Move on, getting tedious ... and you're are a mod ... come on, don't get into tedium.

If you're not a fan of tedium I suggest you give this thread a wide berth.

Semantics is dull

Bond is great

Discuss Bond

This is a Bond forum ,.

*argues semantics*

You've got it!

uh? Move on, getting tedious ... and you're are a mod ... come on, don't get into tedium.

Post of the day! See @WizardOfIce you are funny, your posts are great!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    - Oh good! Let him leave. Time for a bloody hobbit to step in. You know, the guy you hadn't even considered but I'm going to shove his name down your throat. (Yeah, so often in fact, we hate this man more than a deadly virus simply because some fanboy went obsessed over him.)

I actually almost feel a bit sorry for Turner.

He's far from the worst candidate in history but thanks to Mendes4lyfe's vomit inducing propaganda everyone on here already despises the guy and I'd sooner see Danny Dyer get the role.

This.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Denizen-Logo-Large.png
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I don't know about you guys, but this kind of video (from 2015) makes me feel confident of Daniel's return for Bond 25.

Semantics is dull

Bond is great

Discuss Bond

This is a Bond forum ,.

*argues semantics*

You've got it!

Doesn't get more spot on than this.

@bondjames, I've been wondering that, as well. Wasn't 100% on whether or not they were confirmed or if it was more of an unconfirmed rumor sort of thing. Time will tell.
    I reiterate ...nothing is out there that is solid news..meanwhile we are blessed with 24 great Bond films,so everyone chill and relax and enjoy them until something happens.

Bond WILL be back,so until he is ,just enjoy Bond !!

Semantics is dull

Bond is great

Discuss Bond

This is a Bond forum ,.

*argues semantics*

You've got it!

@bondjames, I've been wondering that, as well. Wasn't 100% on whether or not they were confirmed or if it was more of an unconfirmed rumor sort of thing. Time will tell.

Absolutely - just don't peddle the tedium!

Semantics is dull

Bond is great

Discuss Bond

This is a Bond forum ,.

*argues semantics*

You've got it!

We wouldn't want that, would we? Can't take away from these previous 826 pages by adding more!

Semantics is dull

Bond is great

Discuss Bond

This is a Bond forum ,.

*argues semantics*

You've got it!

We wouldn't want that, would we? Can't take away from these previous 826 pages by adding more!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    ygqVx.gif
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 1,661
    There is an article in the Hollywood Reporter about franchise fatigue and how it's impacting Hollywood:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/todd-mccarthy-tentpole-turkeys-franchise-fatigue-blockbuster-imitators-1020648

Playing devil's advocate, you could argue it might be beneficial for Bond 25 to be delayed a year or two longer. It might generate greater interest and box office.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    It's not just fans. Remember when Sam Mendes talked about the Bond casting process in 2016?

“[Producer] Barbara Broccoli chooses who’s going to be the next Bond: end of story,” Mendes continued. “I can guarantee whatever happens with it, it will not be what you expect. That’s what she’s been brilliant at, and that’s how it’ll survive … it’s not a public vote, and I think we’re in an age where everything is deemed voteable on. Some things just aren’t and it’s better that way.”

He didn't say "Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson choose who's going to be the next Bond, end of story." Comments like that, over time, feed into the impression she is the driving force, rather than Wilson.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/05/mendes-on-bond-it-will-not-be-what-you-expect.html

Mendes' quotes must have substance. If any director knows about Barbara Broccoli and her decision making process, it's Mendes. Perhaps Bond #7 will be someone with limited film experience? Someone like Tom Hughes:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/next-james-bond-victoria-star-8737538

Someone like him - with not major film roles - could be what Mendes means by "it will not be what you expect."
    His comments do seem to suggest that a shake up is coming though. Mendes more than anyone knows where Craig's head is (or perhaps was) at. Maybe he's had a change of heart, as has been reported since April, or this could all be smoke and mirrors to continue deflection until they finalize direction.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Semantics is dull

Bond is great

Discuss Bond

This is a Bond forum ,.

*argues semantics*

You've got it!

See @WizardOfIce you are funny, your posts are great!

Phew. It's very reassuring to have it confirmed by such a colossus of comedy. I have been wracked with such self doubt.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    There is an article in the Hollywood Reporter about franchise fatigue and how it's impacting Hollywood:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/todd-mccarthy-tentpole-turkeys-franchise-fatigue-blockbuster-imitators-1020648

Playing devil's advocate, you could argue it might be beneficial for Bond 25 to be delayed a year or two longer. It might generate greater interest and box office.

That fatigue was quite noticeable in a summer filled with prequels, sequels, spin-offs, etc. A few films fared just fine, while plenty of others didn't.
    ygqVx.gif

Hahaha brilliant scene from Naked Gun and a great post...made me chuckle,well done !

There was certainly overload from the genre in 2015. Very competitive market that year, with some inventive (Kingsman), funny (Spy), reboot (TMFU) and kick 'a' (MI-RN) fare. Fatigue had probably set in by the time SP was released.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    bondjames wrote: »
    There was certainly overload from the genre in 2015. Very competitive market that year, with some inventive (Kingsman), funny (Spy), reboot (TMFU) and kick 'a' (MI-RN) fare. Fatigue had probably set in by the time SP was released.

Respectfully, I think this is a bit of rationalizing. Had SPECTRE hit on all cylinders none of this would have mattered.

edited July 2017 Posts: 23,883
    talos7 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »

Respectfully, I think this is a bit of rationalizing. Had SPECTRE hit on all cylinders none of this would have mattered.
    Fair enough, and probably true. I saw all of those films when they came out & by November, I was a bit burned out by it all to be honest. It would have taken something spectacularly unique to impress me. Something different. 2015 was not the year for a poorly conceived greatest hits package from the 'big daddy' of the genre. It was a year for something surprising. Something unique. Something ground breaking.