No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited February 2017 Posts: 11,119
    Like I have been saying All. The. Time in this topic: It will be a November/December 2019 release :-)!

How could 2019 even be possible? They just bought a helicopter, and they are in advanced talks to film in Croatia. They must have some sort of script they are actively pursuing, and they will have 10 months to revise if needed. If they film by December 2017, they can make a 2018 release.

Also filming the Paleo is different, they had to film a time-specific event.

You're concluding a lot from just some news sources. To me, buying a helicopter, some confirmed scouting a few months ago in Qatar and some filming confirmations in Croatia to me all sound like very very early pre-production stuff in which the core producers, a finished script and a whole cast are completely unnecessary. Actually, the news from Croatia to me sounds like filming a very time-specific event.... And "Advanced Talks" does not mean "Confirmed filming location". Probably the town of Dubrovnik is only meant for very early exterior filming, for which you don't need actors (http://www.kingslandingdubrovnik.com/).

I wanna bet for some cash that the next Bond film will premiere late 2019.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'd bet money that production will begin when production begins. I'd bet all the money in the world on that.

Hell, didn't someone make a bet that Radiohead would 100% perform the theme song for SP? Look how that one turned out.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'd bet money that production will begin when production begins. I'd bet all the money in the world on that.

Hell, didn't someone make a bet that Radiohead would 100% perform the theme song for SP? Look how that one turned out.
    That was Panchito if I'm not mistaken. But to his defence, they did perform an unused theme.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    So you're saying don't wait for it to happen. Don't even want it to happen. Just watch what does happen.

Sage advice.
    jake24 wrote: »

That was Panchito if I'm not mistaken. But to his defence, they did perform an unused theme.

It wasn't the official theme song, though. With how much it was mentioned, and with how confident he seemed, it's why I don't trust these inside scoops or "100% confident speculation" on the forums, aside from a very, very select group of people.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

It wasn't the official theme song, though. With how much it was mentioned, and with how confident he seemed, it's why I don't trust these inside scoops or "100% confident speculation" on the forums, aside from a very, very select group of people.
    Agreed.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

I bet you're just talking nonsense now. I bet you're a bit moody today. I bet you got triggered when I actually used the verb 'betting'. And I wanna bet I sound cockey and slightly conceited.
    13-3-skinshack-joker-come-on-hit-me-13-3-inch-original-imae8h9vhaepbghr.jpeg
    :D
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Things will clear up in a month. History taught us well not to trust anything blindfoldedly until an official confirmation and/or announcement comes out. So, let's not get too excited nor get our hopes down.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 40,611
    @Gustav_Graves, both statements you quoted of mine were 100% fact, though. No nonsense to be found! Not sure where you got the "moody" thing from.
    Things will clear up in a month. History taught us well not to trust anything blindfoldedly until an official confirmation and/or announcement comes out. So, let's not get too excited nor get our hopes down.
    Precisely!
    @Gustav_Graves, both statements you quoted of mine were 100% fact, though. No nonsense to be found! Not sure where you got the "moody" thing from.

Yeah, but it completely ignores the core of my post. You have this tendency to zoom out other -tiny- parts of a usually larger post. I don't know why.....
    Precisely!

Yep, fully agreed :-).
    edited February 2017 Posts: 40,611
    @Gustav_Graves, you posted one paragraph going over why you think production isn't kicking off, before "confirming" it'll release in 2019. So, how was I ignoring the "core of your post"? In fact, my reply was pretty general, so your assessment is off-base.
    @Gustav_Graves, you posted one paragraph going over why you think production isn't kicking off, before "confirming" it'll release in 2019. So, how was I ignoring the "core of your post"? In fact, my reply was pretty general, so your assessment is off-base.

No @Creasy47. You merely focused on this sentence:
    I wanna bet for some cash that the next Bond film will premiere late 2019.

And then you slightly ridiculed my entire post by varying on that sentence :-). No hard feelings though.....
    "Ridicule?" It was a harmless joke masquerading as a fact. The "core of your post" (again) was nothing but an opinion on why you feel production isn't any closer to beginning.

Not sure why there's so much confusion on that. I think you're looking into things a bit too much.
  • I feel like Dubrovnik has been rumored for Bond in the past—could be wrong—but that would be a fantastic, evocative place for Bond to film should they take advantage of the setting and really put it on screen (not their strongest point lately, but with the right team...). I'd like to see Bond in an "old world" setting for a reasonable portion of the film. Also fewer Pinewood sets, more in the wild shooting. Why put Bond and the villain in a dank computer room when they could be on a scenic terrace or lookout?
    Didn't Dubrovnik just feature as a shooting location for one of the new 'Star Wars' movies? One of the new episodes, I think.
    I believe it features in The Last Jedi. It also appears as the backdrop for the SPECTRE tie-in Heineken commercial, "The Chase".
    I believe 'Game of Thrones' shoots there, as well (the King's Landing scenes).
  • Yes, it's definitely been in Game of Thrones.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Croatia eh? I hope they don't hire a specific former user from there to do the artwork. =))
    Murdock wrote: »
    Croatia eh? I hope they don't hire a specific former user from there to do the artwork. =))
    Would that be the brains behind the ingenious Wavelink? :))
  • I'd be down for a jetski chase in the Adriatic. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen a jetski chase yet. We've had motorcycles, snowmobiles, even the use of those aerial "switchblades" in Die Another Day. But no jetskis. I guess the closest we've come to that was TWINE's Q-Boat, which was pretty original.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Article i translated from French:

http://www.lematin.ch/loisirs/james-bond-25-choses-precisent/story/14212384

Purchase of a helicopter by the producers, meeting Omega with Daniel Craig in a few days: production of the new adventures of 007 accelerates.
    The production of the 25th "James Bond", of which Daniel Craig would be part, seems to accelerate, these last days.

While spotting took place at the end of 2016 in Dubrovnik and Qatar, the pre-production of the 25th "James Bond" at the cinema seems to be making rapid strides.

So, this week, it was a Bell UH-1D helicopter, or "Huey" that was bought from a museum in Wernigerode, Germany, by Eon productions, the English company that has overseen the series since its inception in 1962.

This aircraft, which began manufacturing in 1959, was widely used by the US Air Force during the Vietnam War, for example.

The museum's director, Clemens Aulich, explained that the helicopter bought by Eon is functional but its engine needs to be changed. He will be transferred to London Heathrow, before the shoot ... in a few weeks!

Thus, the beginning of the shooting of "Bond 25" would be much closer than expected. And advertisements should be made quickly by producers.

It is all the more likely that Raynald Aeschlimann, director of watches Omega, partner of the series since 1995, announced to meet Daniel Craig in one to three weeks ... in order to ask him which model - a new Seamaster ? - he intends to wear in the next adventure of 007!

Daniel Craig would be part of the game. And would wear a fifth time the tuxedo of the British spy, becoming one of the three actors most often incarnated in the cinema, after Sean Connery and Roger Moore.

For the millions of fans around the world, the countdown has begun ... "Bond 25" should be released on screens in 2018.
    While not a chase, we sort of hand Bond using something similar at near end of TSWLM.
    Yea^^^ it's looking more and more likely that pre production for Bond 25 has begun but that it's been very hush hush to the public.
    Another article:

http://dnevnik.hr/showbuzz/celebrity/james-bond-snimat-ce-se-u-dubrovniku---427372.html

James Bond arrives in Dubrovnik! As we learn from informal conversations with the mayor Vlahušić, a popular secret agent could be in the City. Negotiations are in progress and would be another blockbuster could shoot in the southern Croatian.
    The city is negotiating with the production and wants to bring Bond in Dubrovnik, although the City should pay for the film crew. It would be of great importance and promotion of Dubrovnik but seriously considering paying and bringing Bond. From the Croatian Audiovisual Centre say they do not know anything about the negotiations Dubrovnik and foreign production.
    Dubrovnik enthusiasm does not stop, however, is currently preparing a recording 'Star Wars', which starts on March 9 Even the birds in the trees know how the team 'Game of Thrones' thrilled South Croatian, and apparently they are intrigued by the beauty of Dubrovnik's famous producers of the series of the most famous secret agent in the world.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Like I have been saying All. The. Time in this topic: It will be a November/December 2019 release :-)! Just get used to it. In the meantime every bit of news until January 2018 is nothing more than gossip, banter and here and there tiny tidbits about scouting and necessary pre-production stuff (like the Palio that was filmed early 2007, way before official production of QOS was announced). But none of it will be any official announcement. 2017 in essence is a huge big break for Barbara, Greg and Michael, although EON won't sit still like so many in here tend to imply.
    I believe this
  • While not a chase, we sort of hand Bond using something similar at near end of TSWLM.

True, there was the wet-bike in Spy. Still it'd be nice to get a whole action sequence on modern jetskis.
    All this wouldn't be happening if it was a 2019 release.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Let me propose an opinion on the state of affairs.

If it's 2019, it won't be Craig. Imho.

If it's 2018, then he's more likely to be back.

I'm leaning more towards 2018 than 2019.