No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

There is only one solution at this point.

Bring. Back. Dalton.
  • mcdonbb wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I like the idea of Mendes not returning for Bond 25 myself. Newman, especially.

Me too.

Perhaps we should kill both Mendes and Newman, and throw their corpses overboard? :|
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Me too.

Perhaps we should kill both Mendes and Newman, and throw their corpses overboard? :|

Nah ...too drastic. Mendes impressed me with with SF and Newman impressed me with SP so I prefer to simply drag them behind the boat then send them home with hot cocoa and a t-shirt.

Now Logan ...hmmm? :-?
  • mcdonbb wrote: »

Me too.

Nah ...too drastic. Mendes impressed me with with SF and Newman impressed me with SP so I prefer to simply drag them behind the boat then send them home with hot cocoa and a t-shirt.

Well, that's actually funny ;)
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 6,601
    Well, if you like Soderbergh - maybe Daniel is having a talk or two with him.

Even if he is not returning, I could See him caring about 25
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Soderbergh is a great director. Out of Sight is one of my all time faves. The definition of cool with magnetic chemistry between Clooney and JLo.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Me too.

Jesus.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Did you know October 7th is the day the end world ends:
    Chris McCann, leader of eBible fellowship -- an online Bible group - has released a five-series podcast with detailed explanations as to why the apocalypse would occur and how the "world would end on 7 October 2015". His group had earlier claimed that the world would end on 21 May 2011, but have now revised the date, claiming that the earlier occasion "was the beginning of a prolonged period of judgment".

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/it-end-world-christian-group-thinks-7-october-doomsday-1522804

Okay, so he's got the year slightly wrong but nobody's perfect!

Doomsday postponed? I bet that has never happened before.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    Soderbergh is a great director. Out of Sight is one of my all time faves. The definition of cool with magnetic chemistry between Clooney and JLo.

I prefer Soderbergh. His film "Traffic" still is magnificent. And I prefer him over Guy Ritchie. But.....it will be Guy Ritchie. Be prepared for this news.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 9,117
    But.....it will be Guy Ritchie. Be prepared for this news.

On what are you basing this assertion pray tell?
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 9,767
    I am hoping for Guy Ritchie honestly.
  • RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote: »

Christ.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 11,119
    RC7 wrote: »

Christ.

3374930a0df09725c88522c64a67dbb7.jpg
    ;;)

Me too.

Well, that's actually funny ;)

Thank you ...felt I had to redeem myself a bit. I know we don't share the same opinion of SP. I still like it ..it's still Bond.

• RC7RC7

Christ.

;;)

I don't need hugs, just need people to stop having terrible opinions.
    I love the two Sherlock Holmes films.

Shrugs I thought everyone was entitled to their own opinion I guess not in the rc7 world
    edited September 2016 Posts: 9,117

Christ.

Quite. What is this inexplicable groundswell of desire for Ritchie on here that is in danger of becoming a tsunami?

The guy has a proven record of delivering flop after flop. The only success he has had since his peak of Lock Stock and Snatch (which is getting on for 20 years ago) are the two Holmes films. And I'd say the popularity of those was more down to Downey Jnr being massive box office at the time than anything Guy did.

If Uncle had smashed it out of the park I would say fair enough I'm happy to give him a shot but I just don't see any evidence that he can deliver anything better than a very by the numbers Bond film.

He would have been perfect for the Brosnan era but I thought we were shopping in Waitrose these days when it comes to behind the camera talent? Guy isn't quite Lidl to be fair but he's certainly Asda.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Delete
  • RC7RC7
    edited September 2016 Posts: 10,512

Shrugs I thought everyone was entitled to their own opinion I guess not in the rc7 world

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I'm also entitled to call that opinion shite. Likewise, people are entitled to call mine shite in return.

Christ.

Quite. What is this inexplicable groundswell of desire for Ritchie on here that is in danger of becoming a tsunami?

The guy has a proven record of delivering flop after flop. The only success he has had since his peak of Lock Stock and Snatch (which is getting on for 20 years ago) are the two Holmes films. And I'd say the popularity of those was more down to Downey Jnr being massive box office at the time than anything Guy did.

If Uncle had smashed it out of the park I would say fair enough I'm happy to give him a shot but I just don't see any evidence that he can deliver anything better than a very by the numbers Bond film.

He would have been perfect for the Brosnan era but I thought we were shopping in Waitrose these days when it comes to behind the camera talent? Guy isn't quite Lidl to be fair but he's certainly Asda.

I think you're being generous. The only element of the Broz films that Ritchie would've pulled off better is the appalling speed ramping in DAD. Imagine that x10.

Everyone is entitled to opinion, but I'm also entitled to call that opinion shite. Likewise, people are entitled to call mine shite in return.

Well said Sir.

Why is that the people who quickly scramble for the 'I'm entitled to my opinions' defence are always the ones with the laughable opinions?

Just state your opinion and if someone lays into it defend yourself with some reason and argument rather than just wailing 'Everyone's entitled to their opinions.'

Christ.

I think you're being generous. The only element of the Broz films that Ritchie would've pulled off better is the appalling speed ramping in DAD. Imagine that x10.

I agree I wouldn't want any of his camera trickery in Bond but as he was on a high after Lock Stock and Snatch he would have been a bold appointment by EON for DAD and let's be fair he couldn't have done any worse.
    I'd prefer Vaughn actually. Kingsman proved he can do it.
  • RC7 wrote: »

Christ.

;;)

I don't need hugs, just need people to stop having terrible opinions.

But what if I want to give you one :-).
    bondjames wrote: »

After Kick Ass I would've said yes and I was dying for him to do SP but if Kingsman is what we would've got with a Vaughn Bond then I think we dodged a bullet. Such a disappointment.

If came down to him or Ritchie I'd go Vaughn but I think we can do better.
  • RC7RC7

Everyone is entitled to opinion, but I'm also entitled to call that opinion shite. Likewise, people are entitled to call mine shite in return.

Well said Sir.

Why is that the people who quickly scramble for the 'I'm entitled to my opinions' defence are always the ones with the laughable opinions?

Just state your opinion and if someone lays into it defend yourself with some reason and argument rather than just wailing 'Everyone's entitled to their opinions.'

Christ.

I agree I wouldn't want any of his camera trickery in Bond but as he was on a high after Lock Stock and Snatch he would have been a bold appointment by EON for DAD and let's be fair he couldn't have done any worse.

Yeah, fair point. Circa 01/02 he'd have looked credible.

After Kick Ass I would've said yes and I was dying for him to do SP but if Kingsman is what we would've got with a Vaughn Bond then I think we dodged a bullet. Such a dis
  • RC7RC7

Well said Sir.

Christ.

Yeah, fair point. Circa 01/02 he'd have looked credible.

After Kick Ass I would've said yes and I was dying for him to do SP but if Kingsman is what we would've got with a Vaughn Bond then I think we dodged a bullet. Such a disappointment.

If came down to him or Ritchie I'd go Vaughn but I think we can do better.

I'd also go Vaughn every time, but agree we can definitely do better.
    Like I said I love his two Sherlock Holmes films the chess scene at the end of Game of shadows was brilliant and interesting and was as good as the card game in Royale.

And what hits did John Glenn or Martin Campbell have outside of Bond. It doesn't matter what they can do outside of bond but what they do inside of bond... Ok that sounds weird but you know what I mean.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I like the Sherlock on tv, but didn't like either Sherlock Holmes film personally. Downey's accent is just one of the things I find annoying about them.
    And what hits did John Glenn or Martin Campbell have outside of Bond. It doesn't matter what they can do outside of bond but what they do inside of bond... Ok that sounds weird but you know what I mean.
    This is a fair and valid point.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Aston Martin unveils new touchscreen-controlled speedboat. Tell me this wouldn't be awesome if it were featured in B25.

38E2865800000578-0-image-a-19_1475078545904.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3812057/A-speedboat-suitable-James-Bond-Aston-Martin-reveals-stunning-voice-controlled-convertible-speedboat.html
    Getafix wrote: »
    There is only one solution at this point.

Bring. Back. Dalton.

Seconded.
  • RC7RC7
    I like the Sherlock on tv, but didn't like either Sherlock Holmes film personally. Downey's accent is just one of the things I find annoying about them.
    This is a fair and valid point.

Glen edited OHMSS and TSWLM. Campbell directed, amongst other things, 'Edge of Darkness' something infinitely more complex and intriguing than anything in Ritchie's ouvre. It boils down to the fact Ritchie is a faux-auteur, where Glen and Campbell only care about the film, not themselves.