No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2016 Posts: 10,588
    In other news:
    http://en.mediamass.net/people/betty-white/james-bond.html

Only on Mediamass folks.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @jake24, I'm the source close to the production that article mentioned.

What happened was this: Betty was infuriated when Monica Bellucci was being celebrated as the oldest Bond girl during Spectre's release, an honor she had been trying to attain since the 80s, but was always turned down for by Cubby and then Barbara too. After decades of continued complaining, she finally has her shot now in Bond 25, starring as the long lost sister of Judi's M. Watch this space for updates.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Betty White in Arthritis is Forever. The first Bond girl to be older than sliced bread. Christ, we really need some news.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    jake24 wrote: »
    Betty White in Arthritis is Forever. The first Bond girl to be older than sliced bread. Christ, we really need some news.

Just goes to show how easy it is to make up a BS story that gets clicks. The obvious falsehood of this article is clear, but in concept and presentation, this is only a slight variation on this whole bookie betting nonsense.

Yeah, we need real news. Even if it's just a ten second sound byte of Daniel responding to Bond questions during an Othello interview, saying, "Oh f@#$ you, you f@#$ing tw@ts. Of bloody f@#$%ing course I'm still James f@#$ing Bond. F@#$."

Just goes to show how easy it is to make up a BS story that gets clicks. The obvious falsehood of this article is clear, but in concept and presentation, this is only a slight variation on this whole bookie betting nonsense.

Yeah, we need real news. Even if it's just a ten second sound byte of Daniel responding to Bond questions during an Othello interview, saying, "Oh f@#$ you, you f@#$ing tw@ts. Of bloody f@#$%ing course I'm still James f@#$ing Bond. F@#$."
    My gut tells me we'll be getting some very similar sentiments from Craig himself very soon. Even something along the lines of this would be enough (minus the stache).

At 0.55:

• Mediamass is a parody site. It has previously run stories saying (among others) William Daniels, Don Johnson and David McCallum were in line to play Bond.
    Mediamass is a parody site. It has previously run stories saying (among others) William Daniels, Don Johnson and David McCallum were in line to play Bond.
    It's no more a parody than The Sun. ;)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    If the internet and this Bond forum were around in the late 70's early 80's then we'd be in the same position we are today.
    Sir Rog stated from MR onwards that that was likely his last Bond film. Then EON's and Sir Rog's managers went and played hardball to get the best deal. I suspect this is what Craig's team are doing for his potentially fifth film. Knowing how much he's made for EON in the last ten plus years in the title role.
    Patience is a virtue, all good things to those who wait.
  • Benny wrote: »
    If the internet and this Bond forum were around in the late 70's early 80's then we'd be in the same position we are today.
    Sir Rog stated from MR onwards that that was likely his last Bond film. Then EON's and Sir Rog's managers went and played hardball to get the best deal. I suspect this is what Craig's team are doing for his potentially fifth film. Knowing how much he's made for EON in the last ten plus years in the title role.
    Patience is a virtue, all good things to those who wait.

On top of that, Barbara wants a baby from Daniel :-P.
  • Or Mediamass could be an actual site rather than parody.
    Exactly. DC has no reason to openly announce he's coming back. He's holding out for the best possible deal he can get. I guess as long as these contracts mean nothing, the only thing that could foul the game plan up is if EON pulls the rug out from under him and recasts.
    Ed83 wrote: »
    Exactly. DC has no reason to openly announce he's coming back. He's holding out for the best possible deal he can get. I guess as long as these contracts mean nothing, the only thing that could foul the game plan up is if EON pulls the rug out from under him and recasts.

Maybe there is no game plan. Maybe all is clear and settled by now.
    Nah. Pierce Brosnan made a career out of being linked with Bond (not criticising him, I love the guy, just using him as an example to contrast with Elba, noone had even heard of Remington Steele outside of the US, people just knew him because of the Bond association even before he got the role).

Elba has been linked with Bond because of his career, not the other way around. He's used it to his advantage sure but he'd be very successful regardless. It's Luther he owes his career to (I know there's The Wire but he didn't seem to become a household name off the back of that, it was after Luther he started getting higher profile gigs and film roles).

I don't blame him really. He probably knows he won't get it so why not respond to all the questions and get some free publicity? It's not like he started it himself. And I will say that while there's no chance of him actually getting the role I think he'd have been great and I prefer him to ant of the other candidates mentioned. At least he looks like a man. So many of the suggested actors just look way too fresj faced. And we're suggesting Hughes for a period piece/adaptation of the novels too now? Modern Bond, not my preference but he could get away with it. But no way is that the face of a heavy smoking hard drinking WW2 veteran.

Maybe it just depresses me that, for the first time ever, I'm likely to be older than the actor playing Bond (my childhood hero), but I think given how fresh faced actors are nowadays, the minimum age should be at least mid 30s imo. That still gives them enough time to get about 4 or 5 films out of them (and it's unlikely for any actor to do more than that really, regardless of age). Right now the ideal scenario for me would be that DC comes back for one more, and then during the gap between now and Bond 26 Jack O Connell ages noticeably so he's ready to take over.

Excellent post. Agree with everything you say about Elba.

And ditto re the age thingy!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Mediamass is a parody site. It has previously run stories saying (among others) William Daniels, Don Johnson and David McCallum were in line to play Bond.

Stirling work in compiling that diary of events @jake24. Are you good for updating it as we progress towards Bond 25?
    NicNac wrote: »

Stirling work in compiling that diary of events @jake24. Are you good for updating it as we progress towards Bond 25?
    Thanks, @NicNac. That's the plan.
    That Tom Hughes looks like a younger Cumberbatch!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I can't stand him, to be honest. How could anyone want him for Bond is beyond me.
    Many thanks, @timmer. There's always a summary of the latest headlines on page 1 of this thread that is updated periodically, for anyone who needs.
    Ahhh, so the running summary is always findable on Page 1.
    Stellar work!

What did jump out was the July bit from Graham Rye.

-Graham Rye of 007 Magazine claims that a reliable source told him that Craig is definitely quitting the role

Rye is a respected Bond commentator, is he not?

timmer wrote: »
    Many thanks, @timmer. There's always a summary of the latest headlines on page 1 of this thread that is updated periodically, for anyone who needs.
    Stellar work!

-Graham Rye of 007 Magazine claims that a reliable source told him that Craig is definitely quitting the role

He is, but that quote from him definitely raised some questions.
    Questions like what?
    ie
    Is Rye losing his chops? Or more ominously, might there be fire with that smoke?
  • RC7RC7
    timmer wrote: »
    Stellar work!

He is, but that quote from him definitely raised some questions.

Not anymore he isn't.
  • What about Keith Lemon to be the next James Bond for Bond 27?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    RobNRaz3 wrote: »
    What about Keith Lemon to be the next James Bond for Bond 27?

What about no.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    This could possibly be the most compelling reason I've heard yet to eliminate him from further possible consideration.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 4,622
    Hughes is my slam dunk #1 If you watch his vids, its not hard to transpose him to Bond. It works real well I think, .........Buttttt, this James Norton guy could be the sleeper.
    He could potentially bring something very unique and engaging to the role. I sense a fresh brand of Connery charisma and machismo. ie potentially massive upside.
    With Hughes I sense ruthless Bond efficiency, coupled with smooth easy charm.
    The auditions are key!!!
    Maybe Eon will post them so we can vote :D
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 15,825
    bondjames wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    This could possibly be the most compelling reason I've heard yet to eliminate him from further possible consideration.

Just based on the photo posted above, to me Tom Hughes looks like a high school freshman that would probably be pushed around on a daily basis by someone like Daniel Craig.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    @timmer

Babs holding anything up is based solely on our own timetable as fans... and thats something that a lot of the times, we tend to lose sight of... Other than the studio (whether it's MGM, or whoever else they me be partnered with), EON really has no one to answer to other than themselves, and they will do business according to their schedule.... right now, 2018 is tentative.. but who knows, maybe it wont be until 2019 - it's more or less whatever they want to do, when they want to do it....

we don't even have a distributor yet..
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 199
    All we can be sure of is that James Bond will return. As for when and who will play him? Well, they'll have been producers meetings and engagement with writers but until they have a script, director and lead actor in place we won't be told anything, just fed rumour from the usual tabloid sources. But I think that once they have a script (and maybe even a director in mind), they go to Daniel Craig, show him the script (and a big fat Cheque) and wait for him. Skyfall & Spectre made $2 billion. The public love him as Bond and his return would make a lot of people (and money men) very happy. I think we'll know in early 2017, but my prediction is that Craig will return and we'll see the film in November 2018.
    SonofSean wrote: »
    All we can be sure of is that James Bond will return. As for when and who will play him? Well, they'll have been producers meetings and engagement with writers but until they have a script, director and lead actor in place we won't be told anything, just fed rumour from the usual tabloid sources. But I think that once they have a script (and maybe even a director in mind), they go to Daniel Craig, show him the script (and a big fat Cheque) and wait for him. Skyfall & Spectre made $2 billion. The public love him as Bond and his return would make a lot of people (and money men) very happy. I think we'll know in early 2017, but my prediction is that Craig will return and we'll see the film in November 2018.
    I love the positivity! That's exactly how I want it to play out.
  • You might like to know that my first ever podcast will be out on Soundcloud later this afternoon, talking about yesterday's demise of Touchstone Pictures as well as Bond 25 news. Do stay tuned for updates.