No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

jake24 wrote: »
    The fact that they were childhood acquaintances was a questionable decision, no doubt. It's probably the film's biggest flaw, but it doesn't bother me nearly as much as it does others.

Yep. Doesn't take much to cause the average Bond fan to go sailing around the bend.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2016 Posts: 4,438
    boldfinger wrote: »
    And Bond driving off with Madeleine in the end is the standart Bond-gets-the-girl ending, flavored Craig-style and rogue-Bond style. It doesn´t indicate to me in any way that Bond won´t be back next time.

How do people miss the blatant symbolism here. It's not just a Bond gets the girl ending.

There are possible story options to bring Craig back but this wasn't just a traditional Bond gets the girl ending.

You mis one of the two symbols of Skyfall. Bond driving a way with a woman in Astin Martin and woman not return. First one is Blofeld be at in jail. So Bond finaly get girl with a bit of Skyfall remember.

In my opnion it is part of let Dominic Greene in the desert. Whyle i think it is flaw not let him return, there not a complete los of it with the symbol of ''second chances'' is stil left. And it is part of beginning of blind barrel of Spectre. Blind for something you don't see or don't wanna see.

Steven knight his name as writer i sugest atleast in 2013.. mabey earlier,
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Steven Knight. English. Directer and writer http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1140275

The footage of ''Burnt'' i re- consider him again with the American directer of that movie. John Wells work with Deankins before, but for this movie with somebody's ele's. Steven knight who wrote Dirty Pretty Things (from Stephen Frears who ask for Tomorrow Never Dies, DAD and ask again later for QOS) was a good movie. Also he wrote movie from Michael Apted. Also Chiwetel Ejiofor (Dirty Pretty Things) been ask for Spectre. Mabey he thaught the part was to small or Eon whant to give him a bigger part. If remours are true, mabey Steven Knight wil writer, Stephen Fears wil direct and Chiwetel Ejiofor wil star. (Mark Strong mabey too...) Peter Morgan (remour writer of Skyfall) wrote also movie for Stephen Fears who is more Skyfall based on the footage of ''The Queen'' from 2006.
    The Blofeld/Bond childhood chums angle will be tricky to deal with................
    I think the BOND 25 pre-title sequence should actually just be flashbacks from SP, the Blofeld connection, a few Vesper clips from CR to tie all 4 films together and end with the 70 year old Timothy Dalton's 007 waking up from a dream, cue Danny Kleinmnan's title sequence and we're back to the old timeline. Returning the series back to it's rightful Cubby Broccoli origins, and giving us fans that 3rd Dalton we were deprived of. Maybe open with the slick Brosnan gun barrel so it doesn't completely erase his era as well.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The Blofeld/Bond childhood angle has been played out completely, It doesn't need to be mentioned again at all. Franz Oberhauser is dead in hi own words. Blofeld is the new man Oberhauser used to be. It's full on Bond vs Blofeld now. That tidbit won't need to be mentioned again.

"Hello James. It's time to finish this story once and for all."
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited June 2016 Posts: 9,117
    Murdock wrote: »
    "My father told me to "Treat" him like a little Brother. "

They
    Are
    Not
    Step
    Brothers!
    ~X(

You've said this from day one. You're just clinging to semantics like a drowning Kate Winslet clings to a plank of wood in the Atlantic after the Titanic mate. Just because Hannes Oberhauser didn't actually sign the adoption papers doesn't suddenly vindicate it as a good idea.

It
    Is
    F**king
    S**t
    And
    Pisses
    All
    Over
    Fleming
    ~X(

Actually the fact that both Dan and Mendes thought it was a cracking idea should preclude either of them ever working on a Bond film again.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

They
    Are
    Not
    Step
    Brothers!
    ~X(

You've said this from day one. You're just clinging to semantics like a drowning Kate Winslet clings to a plank of wood in the Atlantic after the Titanic mate. Just because Hannes Oberhauser didn't actually sign the adoption papers doesn't suddenly vindicate it as a good idea.

It
    Is
    F**king
    S**t
    And
    Pisses
    All
    Over
    Fleming
    ~X

Actually the fact that both Dan and Mendes thought it was a cracking idea should preclude either of them ever working on a Bond film again.

Yeah and I'm keep saying it. People saying they are Step or Foster brothers doesn't mean that's it's F**king true. It was something new. At least it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Christ! Let it go already.

They
    Are
    Not
    Step
    Brothers!
    ~X(

It
    Is
    F**king
    S**t
    And
    Pisses
    All
    Over
    Fleming
    ~X(

Everything about that Blofeld/Bond idea was just so WRONG. It would be like had Snyder made Batman a Kryptonian, and Superman's distant relative all along. DC fans would flip. Just shows no respect for the Blofeld character, especially since it could have been an opportunity to at least attempt to bring an accurate rendition of Fleming's character to the screen.
    Remember, guys, SP is nothing but a dream that Bond is having during a detox phase in Shrublands.
  • peterpeter Toronto

They
    Are
    Not
    Step
    Brothers!
    ~X(

It
    Is
    F**king
    S**t
    And
    Pisses
    All
    Over
    Fleming
    ~X(

@Wizard: I think all the creatives knew where they were at with the last film. What did you want DC and SM to say? Hey potential audience, really cocked this one up, pretty much blows... But please, you know, buy a ticket anyways...
    peter wrote: »

They
    Are
    Not
    Step
    Brothers!
    ~X(

It
    Is
    F**king
    S**t
    And
    Pisses
    All
    Over
    Fleming
    ~X(

@Wizard: I think all the creatives knew where they were at with the last film. What did you want DC and SM to say? Hey potential audience, really cocked this one up, pretty much blows... But please, you know, buy a ticket anyways...

What I want is the director and the lead actor to say 'this is utter bollocks we're not doing it' in pre-production.

Fiennes is not much more than a cameo yet when they came to him with original 'M is a traitor' script he told them to shove it up their arses.

If he could do that why couldn't Dan and Sam who have way more clout? The fact they didn't says they were at the very least OK with the idea and at worst thought it was the bollocks.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Remember, guys, SP is nothing but a dream that Bond is having during a detox phase in Shrublands.
    I really would prefer to believe that he goes into a dream state of consciousness when that drill hits his head, just before Oberhauser's confessions, with the remainder of the film being the remnants of such dream. Then I can sort of accept it as being half decent. I can accept that in his dream he thinks he's a superhuman who can shoot down 20 odd operatives without a scratch, survive such drill without any effects, and further shoot down a helicopter with a single (or perhaps 2 or 3) shots.
    ---

Regarding Craig espousing SP's brilliance: In a way the best thing he did for himself as a serious actor was the wrist slash comments. It may have been a tired outburst or a joke & bad PR, but it at least gave him some credibility as an actor, especially since it preceded the release of the substandard (imho) film we ultimately received.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited June 2016 Posts: 10,588

They
    Are
    Not
    Step
    Brothers!
    ~X(

It
    Is
    F**king
    S**t
    And
    Pisses
    All
    Over
    Fleming
    ~X(

What I want is the director and the lead actor to say 'this is utter bollocks we're not doing it' in pre-production.

Fiennes is not much more than a cameo yet when they came to him with original 'M is a traitor' script he told them to shove it up their arses.

If he could do that why couldn't Dan and Sam who have way more clout? The fact they didn't says they were at the very least OK with the idea and at worst thought it was the bollocks.

I admire Fiennes for standing his ground and helping to avoid an abomination like that. Good for him.
  • peterpeter Toronto

They
    Are
    Not
    Step
    Brothers!
    ~X(

It
    Is
    F**king
    S**t
    And
    Pisses
    All
    Over
    Fleming
    ~X(

You said it: to satisfy a small character is manageable. The production already deep-sixed Logan's drafts. They went back to two writers they had fired. Once the P&W draft was complete, the producers had to go. There was no way that SP was not going to be starting on time, come hell or high water. If they had delayed, we would have waited for another year or so, which would create a mess on all the schedules of the talent in front of and behind the screen, the distributors, and create a whole quagamire. In the end, it's a business with deadlines. Many feel we got the short end of the stick, but that is one of the casualties in the film industry-- quality rarely trumps the bottom line.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

They
    Are
    Not
    Step
    Brothers!
    ~X(

It
    Is
    F**king
    S**t
    And
    Pisses
    All
    Over
    Fleming
    ~X(

You said it: to satisfy a small character is manageable. The production already deep-sixed Logan's drafts. They went back to two writers they had fired. Once the P&W draft was complete, the producers had to go. There was no way that SP was not going to be starting on time, come hell or high water. If they had delayed, we would have waited for another year or so, which would create a mess on all the schedules of the talent in front of and behind the screen, the distributors, and create a whole quagamire. In the end, it's a business with deadlines. Many feel we got the short end of the stick, but that is one of the casualties in the film industry-- quality rarely trumps the bottom line.
    P+W were never fired. They planned to part ways with the series after Quantum and were asked back for the following two films.

They
    Are
    Not
    Step
    Brothers!
    ~X(

It
    Is
    F**king
    S**t
    And
    Pisses
    All
    Over
    Fleming
    ~X(

Agreed.

With regards to Craig and Mendes, of course they couldn't say anything negative about the film in the run-up to it, but they're more than free now to criticize it if they indeed feel critical towards certain elements of it. Brosnan made a practice of it, running the previous film through the ringer each time they were about to embark on the production of another one, and it doesn't seem like anybody at EON had a nice thing to say about QoS during the hiatus and then lead-up to SF. A simple admission that certain ideas weren't particularly good wouldn't be a terrible thing, IMO, and would certainly fit in with EON's previous practices.
  • peterpeter Toronto

They
    Are
    Not
    Step
    Brothers!
    ~X(

It
    Is
    F**king
    S**t
    And
    Pisses
    All
    Over
    Fleming
    ~X(

P+W were never fired. They planned to part ways with the series after Quantum and were asked back for the following two films.

Point being, the producers had already screwed themselves once on the script, there was no way they could delay a second time, that had to go to camera. Time was running out.

As an aside, I heard P&W were essentially fired insofar as they were told their serviced would not be needed on SP (until they were needed).

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I remember Craig himself saying he was done with Quantum and the Vesper angle post-QoS and pre-SF. Strange how they came back to it one film later.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 10,588
    bondjames wrote: »
    I remember Craig himself saying he was done with Quantum and the Vesper angle post-QoS and pre-SF. Strange how they came back to it one film later.
    Craig had been Bond for two films at that point and had been focusing on the same story arc. He wanted to explore new terrain and where to take the character from then on in. When the time came that they were able to use SPECTRE and its characters, they saw it as a good opportunity to revisit that arc, which I presume had been left open-ended for a reason.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

They
    Are
    Not
    Step
    Brothers!
    ~X(

It
    Is
    F**king
    S**t
    And
    Pisses
    All
    Over
    Fleming
    ~X(

What

They
    Are
    Not
    Step
    Brothers!
    ~X(

It
    Is
    F**king
    S**t
    And
    Pisses
    All
    Over
    Fleming
    ~X(

Point being, the producers had already screwed themselves once on the script, there was no way they could delay a second time, that had to go to camera. Time was running out.

As an aside, I heard P&W were essentially fired insofar as they were told their serviced would not be needed on SP (until they were needed).

Then hire a script doctor not script quacks..

They had a choice they had time. They hired because they were familiar with p&w and they believed p&w understood Bond.

They even said that in the press release which yes I know was spin . .I'm not that stupid.

They
    Are
    Not
    Step
    Brothers!
    ~X(

It
    Is
    F**king
    S**t
    And
    Pisses
    All
    Over
    Fleming
    ~X(

Then hire a script doctor not script quacks..

They had a choice they had time. They hired because they were familiar with p&w and they believed p&w understood Bond.

They even said that in the press release which yes I know was spin . .I'm not that stupid.
    mcdonbb wrote: »

They
    Are
    Not
    Step
    Brothers!
    ~X(

It
    Is
    F**king
    S**t
    And
    Pisses
    All
    Over
    Fleming
    ~X(

Then hire a script doctor not script quacks.

It's rare on here someone writes something and I say to myself 'I wish I had written that' but that's a great line old chap.
    mcdonbb wrote: »

They
    Are
    Not
    Step
    Brothers!
    ~X(

It
    Is
    F**king
    S**t
    And
    Pisses
    All
    Over
    Fleming
    ~X(

Then hire a script doctor not script quacks.

It's rare on here someone writes something and I say to myself 'I wish I had written that' but that's a great line old chap.

Thank you, Sir. I'm quite honored.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

They
    Are
    Not
    Step
    Brothers!
    ~X(

It
    Is
    F**king
    S**t
    And
    Pisses
    All
    Over
    Fleming
    ~X(

I'm with the Wiz on this one.
    Also I think DC has too much input. I'd prefer an actor who got a script, said, yeah I can run with this and just f@%king acted!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

They
    Are
    Not
    Step
    Brothers!
    ~X(

It
    Is
    F**king
    S**t
    And
    Pisses
    All
    Over
    Fleming
    ~X(

I'm with the Wiz on this one.
    Also I think DC has too much input. I'd prefer an actor who got a script, said, yeah I can run with this and just f@%king acted!
    Count me in, too.
  • Is this the Bond 25 news/discussion thread or just another one hijacked by the same Spectre-haters who bag out the movie at any opportunity in every other thread?

Seriously, we get it that you don't like the movie, but some of us really did, and we come to this forum looking for news and discussion of Bond 25. Can we stick to the point please?!
    It's become the Die Another Day of the 2010s. :))
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 6,601

Not really. This Whoopsflootle is not all wrong. You guys are having a field day dissing the film in every way you can - out of boredom and because the whole situation is frustrating you.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Germanlady wrote: »

Not really. This Whoopsflootle is not all wrong. You guys are having a field day dissing the film in every way you can - out of boredom and because the whole situation is frustrating you.

No, there are bits of SPECTRE that I like, but I think Daniel's had his day. Let's just move on to Bond 25.
    Just for the record, apart from the London finale, I still love Spectre. ;)