No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    jake24 wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I'm sorry I'm trying to say something Bond but all I have in my head are sandwiches.
    I think Ross Geller would share the exact sentiment! :))

:))
    "You ate my sandwich?!"

:))
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited June 2016 Posts: 10,588
    While not directly relating to Bond 25, I came across this article on the Daily Mail and had to post it somewhere. It's great to see countless Bond alumni reunite after such a long time.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3634025/Those-diamonds-aren-t-forever-Judi-Dench-pays-homage-James-Bond-former-M-attends-event-mark-Duke-Edinburgh-Awards-60th-anniversary.html
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Thanks for posting @jake24 great to see so many ex Bond alumni and all looking
    So well =D>
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 1,661

Unlike any Bond before, Dan is not just Bond, but also one of the major creative driving forces behind the franchise right now, steering it in directions he is interested in alongside Barbara and Michael. He is come to with every decision made, and seriously asked for his views on where Bond is going each time around. When Dan is done in the role, EON will not only lose one of the best Bond actors we'll ever see play the role, but also one of the greatest contributors to the Bond legend behind the camera there's ever been in everything extra he was able to bring along with him during his tenure, and the many areas of production he aided and influenced over that time to make his Bond films so great. The time following his departure should be viewed like that of Cubby's, a time of worry and apprehension of what can come after such a great, tested and influential contributor has left the franchise.

Disposable, my ass.

Some people don't think Craig is particularly charming or particularly Bond looking. In theory if the next Bond actor were more charming, more Bond looking and still delivered the blunt persona that Craig gave to Bond, he could be better. In this respect, I believe Craig is like all the previous Bond actors - eminently disposable. Also, it was claimed Sony studio execs were upset about Craig's slashing wrists comment. I doubt some at Sony or MGM will be crying if Craig has gone.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11927517/Daniel-Craig-told-to-shut-up-and-stop-bashing-James-Bond.html
    Daniel Craig has been warned by Sony executives to "shut up" and "stop bashing" James Bond, according to reports, after the star said he would rather "slash his wrists" than do another film.

Making films is a business, it's not some"I love actors" fan club. Barabra Broccoli won't lose much or any sleep if Craig has gone. She's a businesswoman first, friend of Craig's second. Craig is easily disposable and to suggest otherwise is to be naive about the film business.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I don't wish to be mean, but Judi and Samantha look the same age now. I suppose from Judi's perspective that's not mean at all.
    It's not mean at all, just ungentlemanly.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I don't wish to be mean, but Judi and Samantha look the same age now. I suppose from Judi's perspective that's not mean at all.
    People tend to age in stages I've noticed. Sometimes mid 50's to 60's is not as impressive as later years. Not sure why, but I've seen that with quite a few folks including some in my own family. There's a transition period from 'youth' to 'aged' that is not as appealing sometimes as old age, when some folks take on a dignified air imho.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @fanbond123, Sony execs get bothered by everything, so nothing new there. I say it's deserved, especially if they lack the intelligence to know the clear context of Dan's comments. You'd think people in their positions would be smarter.

And I would say that both MGM and Barbara won't take Craig's leave as easy as you think. For the former, he's a guaranteed bankable Bond to levels we haven't see since Sean, and for the latter, it's clear that Barbara enjoys Craig as a collaborator beyond his screen acting, and every time she's asked about him she breathlessly proclaims that she'll keep him around as long as she can. She loves Dan, big time. I'm sure she's shot jealous daggers at Rachel on more than a few occasions, too. ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Samantha looks great.
    Samantha looks great.

Agreed. I'm sure most would be very happy to look as good when reaching that age.

Craig is Barbaras boy, shes not going to throw him out like yesterdays trash.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Didn't BB say in an interview that she wants Craig but not going to wait on him? She did I'm sure because it seemed like a bit of a different stance than before.
  • A Peter Bart commentary about MGM. Some Bond references.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/mgm-plans-gary-barber-james-bond-mark-burnett-1201770134/
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Didn't BB say in an interview that she wants Craig but not going to wait on him? She did I'm sure because it seemed like a bit of a different stance than before.

Never came across this. There were hardly any interviews, if any at all with her post SF.
  • A Peter Bart commentary about MGM. Some Bond references.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/mgm-plans-gary-barber-james-bond-mark-burnett-1201770134/
    Bart is very well connected in Hollywood, so worth taking seriously. He thinks it's possible MGM will revive its own Distribution arm to distribute the next Bond film. Personally, I think it's still more likely that a deal with Warner will emerge at some point.

• DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    A Peter Bart commentary about MGM. Some Bond references.

Bart is very well connected in Hollywood, so worth taking seriously. He thinks it's possible MGM will revive its own Distribution arm to distribute the next Bond film. Personally, I think it's still more likely that a deal with Warner will emerge at some point.

I don't expect Warner will emerge it, most likely to be Disney. Besides, personally, MGM & Disney are having a great time between 1989 and 2008 when they having a licensing contract in 1985 for a theme park called 'Disney-MGM Studios' (now Disney's Hollywood Studios).

Also, Disney and MGM together, to date, made the only film 'The Brothers Grimm; release on August 26th 2005 under the Dimension Films label.

So MGM may, perhaps, getting a deal with Walt Disney Pictures since The Brothers Grimm to allow MGM's films to be released under it's partner banner.

I suspect that the Disney-MGM merger may come within 20 years! There's still time for the Bond 25 announcement this month.

BTW, I've got very well connections between Disney and James Bond for 4 years since I've start studying the future James Bond distributor in 2012 before I've joined the forum.

All we have to do is... Hold your breath for the upcoming announcement.

I don't expect Warner will emerge it, most likely to be Disney. Besides, personally, MGM & Disney are having a great time between 1989 and 2008 when they having a licensing contract in 1985 for a theme park called 'Disney-MGM Studios' (now Disney's Hollywood Studios).

Also, Disney and MGM together, to date, made the only film 'The Brothers Grimm; release on August 26th 2005 under the Dimension Films label.

So MGM may, perhaps, getting a deal with Walt Disney Pictures since The Brothers Grimm to allow MGM's films to be released under it's partner banner.

I suspect that the Disney-MGM merger may come within 20 years! There's still time for the Bond 25 announcement this month.

BTW, I've got very well connections between Disney and James Bond for 4 years since I've start studying the future James Bond distributor in 2012 before I've joined the forum.

You know what they say...

"Our asylums are full of people who think they're Napoleon..." ;)
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 1,661
    @fanbond123, Sony execs get bothered by everything, so nothing new there. I say it's deserved, especially if they lack the intelligence to know the clear context of Dan's comments. You'd think people in their positions would be smarter.

And I would say that both MGM and Barbara won't take Craig's leave as easy as you think. For the former, he's a guaranteed bankable Bond to levels we haven't see since Sean, and for the latter, it's clear that Barbara enjoys Craig as a collaborator beyond his screen acting, and every time she's asked about him she breathlessly proclaims that she'll keep him around as long as she can. She loves Dan, big time. I'm sure she's shot jealous daggers at Rachel on more than a few occasions, too. ;)

At a personal level B Broccoli may be upset if Craig has gone but I recall seeing the QOS press conference and B Broccoli made a comment about the budget being too high. If the Daily Mail report is accurate and EON were prepared to pay Craig some crazy amount for two more Bond films it does go against the perception B Broccoli likes to keep control of the money and not let costs spiral out of control - (I accept SPECTRE was incredibly costly!). Basically, what I mean is, it might be better to let Craig go, it's clear he's not that desperate to return!, and recast with a much cheaper actor. Perhaps the MGM executives would prefer to go with a cheaper actor to keep costs down? Anyway, if Craig has gone then the studio is saving some money.
    There is a contradiction in your post, that you referred to yourself - but its there.
    This time, BB FOUGHT for original locations instead of staying in London - for example for the italian villa. She had NO probems at all to spend, spend, spend...if DC doesn't want the part anymore, no money in the world will convince him. It didn't, when he had none (in comparison) - so why would it now. He is not up for sale and never was.

And don't let us debate the money quote again. He proved, he isn't cut like that.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Your obsession with all things Disney as distributor has gotten just creepy now.

And yeah they've made more films with WB and successful ones at that.

MGM trying to go back into distributing its own makes way more sense and would explain the delay. The partnership Sony as we all know was not all that great for Sony.

Would also explain why Bond every 4 years
    ...they can't afford it.
    MGM as distrubter is fine but it may mean things might need to be cheaper God more London doubling for the world in bond 25 well Jake at least we can update the thread
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    edited June 2016 Posts: 292
    "June" might be a little presumptuous on "announcements" regarding Bond. Just sayin'.
    Why did we think an announcement was coming in June, I can't remember now at all?
    I think @Mendes4Lyfe, heard the voices again. :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

vvhMpkz.gif

If I hold my breath, can I still count to ten ? ;)
    doubleoego wrote: »

vvhMpkz.gif
    Vg0JstydL8HCg.gif
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Why did we think an announcement was coming in June, I can't remember now at all?
    James Bond Downunder claimed their sources told them a June announcement was imminent. Take it with a grain of salt as usual. Where has @Marketto007 been?
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    James Bond Downunder claimed their sources told them a June announcement was imminent. Take it with a grain of salt as usual. Where has @Marketto007 been?
    On a mission in Mexico City. ;)
    Taking some over due holiday, eh ? ;)