No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Zekidk wrote: »
    Any words on the technical specs? Cameras used and so forth....

We can safely assume it'll be shot on film.

He has used various Arri-cams in many of his movies, too.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited March 2019 Posts: 8,037
    jake24 wrote: »

We can safely assume it'll be shot on film, most likely 35mm. Sandgren used an Aaton Penelope on FIRST MAN, utilising 16mm, 35mm and combining it with footage shot in IMAX, so I'd imagine it'll be in the mix here too.

But no, I can't say for certain what we're looking at.
    Sandgren confirmed a while back that it would be shot on digital.

Did he? Ah, my mistake. That's a pity. I like the look of the 35mm stock he used with the Aaton in the recent flicks.

We can safely assume it'll be shot on film.

He has used various Arri-cams in many of his movies, too.

Perhaps we're in for the new Alexa LF then. I saw one at an Expo about three months ago. They're extremely impressive. And I think they've extended the range of compatible lenses recently after reaching out to manufacturers.

EDIT, here's a bit about it.

• edited March 2019 Posts: 3,169
    QBranch wrote: »

SP was also shot on digital cameras, Red Epic Dragon, Arri 65. Just not primarily.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11791

If I have to guess, Sandgren will largely use Alexa 65.

SP was also shot on digital cameras, Red Epic Dragon, Arri 65. Just not primarily.

That's also a strong possibility. It's one of the most popular kits going at the moment. Plenty of Oscar notches under Arri's belt, now.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbiz/article-6843329/TALK-TOWN-Daniel-Craigs-12-hour-secret-missions-shape-007-finale.html

Well according to the daily mail, Craig has been working out 12 hours a day for Bond 25.
    https://screenrant.com/james-bond-25-filming-starts/
    MI6 HQ (a go-to source for unofficial James Bond movie updates) is reporting that Bond 25 will start filming a sequence in Norway this week and continue on through to April 2. In a separate report, Daily Mail confirms that Fukunaga flew out to Norway this past weekend, ahead of the start of production today.
    https://screenrant.com/james-bond-25-filming-starts/
    MI6 HQ (a go-to source for unofficial James Bond movie updates) is reporting that Bond 25 will start filming a sequence in Norway this week and continue on through to April 2. In a separate report, Daily Mail confirms that Fukunaga flew out to Norway this past weekend, ahead of the start of production today.

Awesome.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbiz/article-6843329/TALK-TOWN-Daniel-Craigs-12-hour-secret-missions-shape-007-finale.html

Well according to the daily mail, Craig has been working out 12 hours a day for Bond 25.

Maybe they're including walking in that.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    If there is one question you could ask at the Bond 25 press conference what would it be? :D
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @DarthDimi Well it seems when they were making Spectre they weren’t as enthusiastic about making a good movie as they are now.

Be fair now. I consider SP an excellent Bond film (one that has fallen victim to a lot of hatred now but will no doubt grow a stronger fan base in the future.) Your statement is purely subjective.

Also, one could argue--again though, through only subjective comments--that with TND, TWINE and DAD they weren't exactly enthusiastic about making good movies either, yet CR, to many a much better Bond film, wasn't their swansong as filmmakers.

I fail to follow your logic. Here are two filmmakers, really looking forward to delivering a great film. According to you, that's because they are about to sell the franchise. Wait, what?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 13,944
    If there is one question you could ask at the Bond 25 press conference what would it be? :D
    How many cats we'll see. One, two, or three?
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    A quick updated summary of my threats and promises:
    - Unless there will be a presser by the end of next week, I will hire a professional mystic to put a hex on Bond 25
    - If they officially announce that the title is Shatterhand, I am leaving this forum until Christopher Nolan is announced to direct a Bond film
    - the same promise applies if Waltz is back
    - if Rooney Mara, Emma Stone or Dakota Johnson is announced to appear in the film, I will start calling Barbara “the great Barbara Broccoli”
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 308
    Let’s all pray the title is Shatterhand then. :D

Is Moneypenny still with her boyfriend?
    I heard EON are saving 'Shatterhand' for Nolan.

I'd rather Waltz come back than the title be 'Shatterhand', honestly! ;)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Daniel, you're about to embark on your fifth Bond film. How does the preparation and build-up to this film feel different or similar to the previous four?
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 9,773
    ok I will state again

I will maintain positivity and happiness
    I hope its a fleming title
    and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE if it were one of the 4 unused short story titles
    I want a video game

I will not put any hex's on anyone nor will I make anyone watch that bad DC film Jonah Hex
    Why did you do it, Barbara?
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I will not put any hex's on anyone nor will I make anyone watch that bad DC film Jonah Hex

Never seen that film, but I like the music made by Mastodon for it.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    - Unless there will be a presser by the end of next week, I will hire a professional mystic to put a hex on Bond 25
    - If they officially announce that the title is Shatterhand, I am leaving this forum until Christopher Nolan is announced to direct a Bond film
    - if Rooney Mara, Emma Stone or Dakota Johnson is announced to appear in the film, I will start calling Barbara “the great Barbara Broccoli”

A quick update of my threats and promises.
    - If Panchito carries on using this thread to spam the same points endlessly then his probation period will come to a sad end.
    I’m sure waltz will appear either in cameo or mention
    So looking forward to the coming weeks of production!
    I'd rather Waltz come back than the title be 'Shatterhand', honestly! ;)
    Same, not keen on it. I wouldn't've minded Waltz back though.

I would be so down for Emma Stone
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Someone is having serious episodes of mood swings. :))
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Just hoping for some photos from Norway this week. Maybe a press conference announcement. That’d be ideal...
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,756

Alexa 65 would be great. Possibly the best camera Bond has ever been shot on.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    NicNac wrote: »

A quick update of my threats and promises.
    - If Panchito carries on using this thread to spam the same points endlessly then his probation period will come to a sad end.

Nice threats, Panchito!

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'd ask Fukunaga... "How has joining such an adored franchise been for you creatively?"

This is one of the reasons I'm so excited to have him onboard. With a few exceptions (Campbell), it's always exciting to have someone fresh and new or someone who has never done something on this scale before.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 832
    No one has exceeded Campbell in bond since Gilbert.