No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited June 2016 Posts: 40,492
    Not a hint of confirmation in that article, it's all speculation.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    jake24 wrote: »
    But, they will announce, right? I'm not making bets on an actor, just the announcement of a new actor.
    They could announce DC for all we know. Nevertheless, exciting times ahead.
    Indeed. Although, I really feel that Craig isn't coming back. I could completely be wrong, and I wouldn't mind seeing him in the role, but if he doesn't come back and a new actor steps in, I can live with it. As you said, exciting times ahead.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I would love it if Aidan Turner were announced next week.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Well, he seems to have a pretty clean schedule, as per IMDb.
    It'd be really nice to get the news early. Here's hoping.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Well, he seems to have a pretty clean schedule, as per IMDb.

I think there will be Poldark series 3. He has hinted at that in interviews. But he is certainly less busy than Hiddleston and Craig. That's a positive in my view. :)>-
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    It will be great to have an official announcement.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I know it's difficult but try and engage you brain before you shoot your wad all over your computer screen (although those topless shots of Turner probably already made you do that) @Mendes.

EON make the announcements on the next Bond not bookies and not rags like Metro.

You just need to look at this from MI6 no less to realise what another non story this is:

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=2270

Owen 'to be announced' apparently and then DC came out of nowhere.

Apart from anything else EON have too much respect for Dan to just announce a new Bond. They will announce he has resigned/left by mutual consent before they say who the next one is.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    God, I'm laughing myself silly over here. Don't mark your calendars on this one, lads. Only disappointment will come.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    God, I'm laughing myself silly over here. Don't mark your calendars on this one, lads. Only disappointment will come.

But the Internet said it's going to happen. You know the Internet doesn't lie.
    I still think someone is going to be a Loki boy. :D
    I still think someone is going to be a Loki boy. :D
    Misdirection then? I personally hope so. Let's see.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @TheWizardOfIce, you sir, are a global treasure and a valued voice of solid reasoning amidst a sea of naivete. Sometimes I feel like I'm in this alone.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

But the Internet said it's going to happen. You know the Internet doesn't lie.

@Creasy47, did you read that on the internet? ;)
    Word of mouse ? ;)
    Word of mouse ? ;)
    Could be. World takeover if that's the case.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited June 2016 Posts: 10,588
    I know it's difficult but try and engage you brain before you shoot your wad all over your computer screen (although those topless shots of Turner probably already made you do that) @Mendes.

EON make the announcements on the next Bond not bookies and not rags like Metro.

You just need to look at this from MI6 no less to realise what another non story this is:

https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=2270

Owen 'to be announced' apparently and then DC came out of nowhere.

Apart from anything else EON have too much respect for Dan to just announce a new Bond. They will announce he has resigned/left by mutual consent before they say who the next one is.
    This was my thought as well. As of last month Craig was still undecided. It's highly doubtful, especially given the close relationship Babs has with Craig, that she would hire an actor within days of Craig's confirmed departure. I'm sure the hiring process for Bond #7 will take longer.
    They'd best get to work if they're going to find a new distributor in time for the announcement.
    They'd best get to work if they're going to find a new distributor in time for the announcement.

What announcement?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    For the record, I don't believe everything I read on the Internet. The purpose of this thread is to update the title with each piece of news or rumor, whether true or not.
    I'd say they'll have their choice of distributers, Bond films do have a
    habit of making money, ........ lots of money ! :D
    Gosh, as much as I dont care, who the next will be - but imagine the 24/7 overdrive from Mendes. 8-X
    Could one of those Nigerian princes, who keep wanting to send me money, be the next
    Bond as they're always on the Internet.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 8,113
    Think about it. Everyone expected Mourinho to become the next Man U manager, but were they disappointed when he was announced?

Aidan Turner pulls ahead of the pack, that's interesting. Now they're telling us he will be announced next week? Fantastic!! =D>
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Even if Turner has it in him to be a greater Bond than the lovechild of Sean and Dan I think I'd rather see even Idris get it over him now just for the sheer pleasure of having @Mendes self immolate outside EON's offices like that Buddhist monk in the 60s.
    Can any of us make an announcement next week ? :D
    as it will carry the same weight, .... unless it's from EON ;)
    The biggest part of this article, and the most telling, is something that I don't think anyone's mentioned yet (and if someone has, my apologies), and it's right at the top of the article:
    Metro wrote:
    The actor who’ll be playing the next James Bond is going to be announced very soon – probably within two weeks, according to bookmaker William Hill.

There's no reliable source saying that the announcement will come next week. This entire article comes down to the guesswork of a bookmaker.

If anything, it's probably just designed to encourage more betting by setting an artificial, and rather vague, deadline. Nothing to see here.

I'm sorry but isn't this just another ridiculious non story. Do i really trust a story in the Metro that's supposedly come from a bookies. Not at all
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    More bollocks and hyperbole.
    Has a Bond actor ever been announced before there was a distributor, director, and even a rough script in place? I'm sure it'll be a long wait for any official announcement on anything Bond 25 related. And the speculation mill will cyclically slow down and eventually speed up again.
    Think about it. Everyone expected Mourinho to become the next Man U manager, but were they disappointed when he was announced?

Aidan Turner pulls ahead of the pack, that's interesting. Now they're telling us he will be announced next week? Fantastic!! =D>

#-o @Mendes4Lyfe, your eight year old side is beginning to show again. It's a daily exercise now. I almost feel bad, laughing at your expense.

Since everyone is so keen on betting on future Bonds (spoiler alert, it'll be Dan), how about we place bets on the next time our dear Mendes takes a baseless, non-story article from a useless rag and reads its contents as gospel and another sign of Turner's ascension to the coveted Bond throne? I'll wager a million pounds that it'll be this same time tomorrow.
    Even if Turner has it in him to be a greater Bond than the lovechild of Sean and Dan I think I'd rather see even Idris get it over him now just for the sheer pleasure of having @Mendes self immolate outside EON's offices like that Buddhist monk in the 60s.

I'm with you on this, @TheWizardOfIce. Though, it'll be all the better when Dan is announced as signed for Bond 25 instead of dear Turner, as I think Mendes would dislike that idea even more than Elba, Hiddleston or any other "fresh" actor. ;)