No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Just a typo. It happens.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Too bad the SF skyscraper fight ends on a very bad note - the very fake looking fall of Patrice's body, compared to the brilliant way it looked in the trailers, because it was a very artistic and atmospheric fight.

I'm sorry the fall in the movie was brutal, jarring, and perfect ..the artistic fall in the trailer was visually stunning and great for a trailer.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Just a typo. It happens.

It's a disgrace.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Too bad the SF skyscraper fight ends on a very bad note - the very fake looking fall of Patrice's body, compared to the brilliant way it looked in the trailers, because it was a very artistic and atmospheric fight.

I'm sorry the fall in the movie was brutal, jarring, and perfect ..the artistic fall in the trailer was visually stunning and great for a trailer.
    That trailer was the best I've ever seen (apart from the GE one). I too much preferred the trailer fall but agree that it was a bit more 'artsy' compared to the one in the final film. Another instance where we needed the 'Glen falling man scream' imho.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Kathryn Bigelow has zero chance of ever directing a Bond film.

Name an American director of an EON James Bond film?

Precisely! ;))

You got more chance of the ghost of Kevin McClory making Thunderball part 3 than an American director helming a Bond film.

I really hope that mentality from EoN changes. It's not like casting an American actor being cast as Bond; it's just a director. I've been saying this for years that EoN should hire any director worth their salt irrespective of where they come from.
    doubleoego wrote: »

Precisely! ;))

You got more chance of the ghost of Kevin McClory making Thunderball part 3 than an American director helming a Bond film.

I really hope that mentality from EoN changes. It's not like casting an American actor being cast as Bond; it's just a director. I've been saying this for years that EoN should hire any director worth their salt irrespective of where they come from.

They came close with Spottiswoode - he's Canadian.

Precisely! ;))

Agreed. They went with Forster, so why not an American? Best man (or woman) for the job I say.
    bondjames wrote: »

Precisely! ;))

Agreed. They went with Forster, so why not an American? Best man (or woman) for the job I say.

Terence Young was also part Chinese; Guy Hamilton part French
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Just a typo. It happens.

It's a disgrace.
    Fixed. Calm yourself.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited June 2016 Posts: 11,139

Precisely! ;))

Yeah it's just a huge disservice to these films when the opportunity for creativity in this day and age is limited like this.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Bond needs a quality director experienced in thrillers and suspense. Is that so hard?
    jake24 wrote: »
    Just a typo. It happens.

It's a disgrace.
    Fixed. Calm yourself.

I wasn't being serious.
  • RC7RC7
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Bond needs a quality director experienced in thrillers and suspense. Is that so hard?

Yes.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Just a typo. It happens.

It's a disgrace.
    Fixed. Calm yourself.

I wasn't being serious.
    Neither was I.
    Just a typo. It happens.

It's a disgrace.
    Fixed. Calm yourself.

I wasn't being serious.
    Neither was I.

Touche
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I know some don't li!e them, but that's why smillies are can be useful
    To let others know it's not a serious point. And I am being serious !
    ( not really ) ...... or am I ? ....... :P
    I know some don't li!e them, but that's why smillies are can be useful
    To let others know it's not a serious point. And I am being serious !
    ( not really ) ...... or am I ? ....... :P

Smilies are for teenage girls.
    Good call Satorious with the name Mimi Leder. The Peacemaker is one of the best action thrillers i've seen in years. Beautifully paced, good characterization, believable action scenes, in fact everything a good Bond film should have.
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    Good call Satorious with the name Mimi Leder. The Peacemaker is one of the best action thrillers i've seen in years. Beautifully paced, good characterization, believable action scenes, in fact everything a good Bond film should have.

Are you serious?! That film is terrible. Die Another Day is a better film than The Peacemaker.
    Agreed. Superb film. Clooney is such a hard ass in that one, and that scene with the Mercedes S-Class and the BMW's is as tense as they come.
    Agreed. Superb film. Clooney is such a hard ass in that one, and that scene with the Mercedes S-Class and the BMW's is as tense as they come.

Sorry but it's terrible.
    Yes, I enjoyed The Peacemaker. Great film. :)
    Yes, I enjoyed The Peacemaker. Great film. :)

Are people taking the what's it, it's awful.
    The Peacemaker - average rating 2.8/5

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1079516-peacemaker/
    In fact, talk here has made me want to watch it again, which I will do tonight. RT is wrong on this one. Excellent, tense thriller.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 13,384
    To be honest, I tend to make my own decisions on what I like or
    Don't like, and not depend on others "lists". ;)
    To be honest, I tend to make my own discussions on what I like or
    Don't like, and not depend on others "lists". ;)

That's what I do. I'm a film buff @Thunderpussy I like all kinds of film. I used to tape films off the TV, The Peacemaker was one of them. This was circa 2000 before I even had the internet, and I ... taped over it.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Add me to the pro-Peacemaker list!
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Well with the way she Directed "The Night Manager" I would have no problem with her giving Bond a crack!

Definitely.

Sorry but it's terrible.

I have to agree with @Tanaka123 about Mimi Leder. She made only three theatrical films - The Peacemaker, Deep Impact, and Pay It Forward - and they are all thunderingly awful duds. The Peacemaker is by far the best, but it's still pretty lousy. Anyway, I think it's a moot point because she only does TV now, and hasn't directed a feature film since 2000.