No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    If Craig can rewrite a script surely Turner can write the score? ;)
  • Why is it that when I look at the top stories on IMDB I see some crap about Aquaman and Aaron Johnson (whose claim to fame is, ahem, KICK-ASS?) but nothing about a legend like Albert Finney???? The man is a national treasure! A REAL actor!! Not some pimply kid who does superhero nonsense. I find this very frustrating.
    Why is it that when I look at the top stories on IMDB I see some crap about Aquaman and Aaron Johnson (whose claim to fame is, ahem, KICK-ASS?) but nothing about a legend like Albert Finney???? The man is a national treasure! A REAL actor!! Not some pimply kid who does superhero nonsense. I find this very frustrating.

Totally agree
    According to the Daily Mail, Barbara Broccoli hosted a pre Bafta dinner. It was a whose who of British acting royalty, Rami Malek was there along with a "front runner" to replace Craig.
    acidie wrote: »
    According to the Daily Mail, Barbara Broccoli hosted a pre Bafta dinner. It was a whose who of British acting royalty, Rami Malek was there along with a "front runner" to replace Craig.
    Who?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Baz was also there, so except a possible James Bond scoop next week. Maybe Malek's casting?

Dy6mp2aWoAoAsMz.jpg:large
    Univex wrote: »
    Who?
    Unfortunately, Tom Hiddelston was in attendance.
    Who?

@peter I was there too did anyone grab the rest of my burger I want it back lol
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Who?

@peter got your burger AND the role. I's just the way he rolls, man ;)
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Who?

@peter got your burger AND the role. I's just the way he rolls, man ;)

Such a helpful chap
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan

Link?
    Denbigh wrote: »

34qk.gif
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

Link?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6681875/Olivia-Colman-joins-Crown-star-Helena-Bonham-Carter-Barbara-Broccolis-pre-BAFTA-dinner.html
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    [deleted]
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    David Arnold on his status for Bond 25:

Sorry but I do not want Arnold coming back. I want someone brand new.

What about Micheal Giacchino he did excellent work on both incredibles 1 and 2 I mean just listen to this

He be good
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

How was Craig not there?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

How was Craig not there?

He was dressed as Tom Hiddelston.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

How was Craig not there?

He’s in training! ;)

Odd story. I wonder if it means anything big related to Bond.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Baz was also there, so except a possible James Bond scoop next week. Maybe Malek's casting?

Dy6mp2aWoAoAsMz.jpg:large
    Who?

Hahaha yeah I felt the same.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Spike Lee quote: "Do the Wright Thing."
    jeffrey-wright-as-beetee.jpg
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    As with any Bond film, I'm always excited for its arrival. I try not to judge a book by its cover, so I'm willing to wait till I've seen the finished product. So far nothing about 'rumours' I've heard regarding Bond 25 have concerned me.
    I'm liking the 'possible' filming locations and to me Rami Malek is an interesting choice for a possible villains role. Though he could also be an ally. Who knows?
    He's a good actor, who I feel could bring something to the table. He's also hot property right now, and if EON wanna get onboard with that, then I'm down with that.
    The one actor I would truly love to see cast in Bond 25 would be Jeffrey Wright, returning as Felix Leiter.
    If Wright returns, then Bond 25 will really be in good shape.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    In the last 24 years it feels like when ever they try to go for current "hot property" actors things go sideways.

When they cast obscure talented actors or established name actors who are consistently good performers over their careerd that's when the overall product turns out to be better.

The former: TND (Hatcher), TWINE (Richards), DAD (Berry), SP (Waltz)

The latter: GE, CR, SF

Not including QoS the to the whole WS business.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited February 2019 Posts: 7,980
    doubleoego wrote: »
    In the last 24 years it feels like when ever they try to go for current "hot property" actors things go sideways.

When they cast obscure talented actors or established name actors who are consistently good performers over their careerd that's when the overall product turns out to be better.

The former: TND (Hatcher), TWINE (Richards), DAD (Berry), SP (Waltz)

The latter: GE, CR, SF

Not including QoS the to the whole WS business.

Yes!
    I said something similar in a previous post; often when they cast a well known actor, or as you say the “hot property “ it is often a distraction and/or they don’t swerve the material well.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    But most of those listed by @doubleoego are actresses. Waltz is a bloody good actor (imo), he just wasn't utilised to his best potential in SP. An actor can only do what the script of director allow them too, to a certain degree.
    Rami Malek is again imo a good actor, who I feel could be a very good addition to the Bond series. The fact that his star meter is high profile right now could be a large 'bums on seats' factor for EON if he appears in the latest Bond film.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    23 days until filming begins.
  • Barbara Broccoli held a pre-BAFTA dinner at Spencer House in London on 8th February 2019.

There was a lot of celebrities and nominees there - including Timothee Chalamet, Helena Bonham Carter, Olivia Colman, Mark Strong, et al - the most interesting person in attendance was Rami Malek. Who essentially turned up looking like a villain.

Dy3VFdCXQAA5cqN.jpg

He is essentially the only name - aside the usual suspects - legitimately connected with the film. I'm very excited about his involvement.

Expect red carpet interviews and titbits this weekend during the BAFTAs.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    RC7 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    Take this with a grain of salt , but on another film site, someone claiming to have inside information said that Waltz will appear, but only briefly as Blofeld escapes; this will be followed by extensive cosmetic surgery and the role will be played by a mystery, big name, actor, not unlike the Collin Farrell / Johnny Depp switch in Fantastic Beast.

This is false.

I think we should all take a moment and appreciate how awesome @RC7 avatar is.

p0B3IUTVKHRFZ.png

There's no way they're bring Waltz back for this. I think there's a good chance he will either come back as the lead villain (and we get a YOLT/Shatterhand-esque story) or he has some kind of cameo (like Hannibal Lector or Alice Morgan in Luther).

I'm fairly certain that the lead villain is Rami Malek

That is a superlative Avatar
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,293
    Roadphill wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    Take this with a grain of salt , but on another film site, someone claiming to have inside information said that Waltz will appear, but only briefly as Blofeld escapes; this will be followed by extensive cosmetic surgery and the role will be played by a mystery, big name, actor, not unlike the Collin Farrell / Johnny Depp switch in Fantastic Beast.

This is false.

I think we should all take a moment and appreciate how awesome @RC7 avatar is.

p0B3IUTVKHRFZ.png

There's no way they're bring Waltz back for this. I think there's a good chance he will either come back as the lead villain (and we get a YOLT/Shatterhand-esque story) or he has some kind of cameo (like Hannibal Lector or Alice Morgan in Luther).

I'm fairly certain that the lead villain is Rami Malek

That is a superlative Avatar

That's a great avatar!
    Reminds me that I've been on the forum since 2011 without once having set an avatar to my profile…
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Barbara Broccoli held a pre-BAFTA dinner at Spencer House in London on 8th February 2019.

There was a lot of celebrities and nominees there - including Timothee Chalamet, Helena Bonham Carter, Olivia Colman, Mark Strong, et al - the most interesting person in attendance was Rami Malek. Who essentially turned up looking like a villain.

Dy3VFdCXQAA5cqN.jpg

He is essentially the only name - aside the usual suspects - legitimately connected with the film. I'm very excited about his involvement.

Expect red carpet interviews and titbits this weekend during the BAFTAs.

We already know mate but thanks for sharing :)
    Plus while everyone says Skyfall was mostly unknowns do we forget about No Country for Old men and how that pushed Javiar Bardem on the Us scene certainly? Again it either due to to my increased awareness of films or because they are getting more main stream actors but assuming Rami is the next actor play a villain in Spectre I have at least heard of the main villain actor in each bond film since Skyfall