No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    QQ7 wrote: »
    This song would undoubtedly be the highlight of Spectre for me, still partially happy that something so good didn't end up in such a lackluster film.

Anyway, Greenwood is not a complete wild guess since he already worked for Bond film before.

The original theme before it was rejected was better, Radiohead's Man of War was the one before it was rejected due to being a track that RH had been playing live although never released for well over a decade.

Sam Mendes confirmed last year on 6 Music that this was the theme and then they rejected it and went to Smith.

Their Spectre track was never going to be the theme, Mendes considered having in the film but it never worked. He said though that he saw the YouTube thing you posted and thought maybe it would have worked.

I've said before and I'll say it again it got the theme it deserved to have one of my favourite bands attached to such a terrible Bond film would have been a bitter pill to swallow.

Hopefully they'll not go for the flavour of the month and the likes of Sheeran or Ezra won't be considered. Hopefully The Arctic Monkeys or someone of substance will be picked but after chasing the big hit factor with the last 2, I wouldn't be surprised if it's those 2 or Dua Lipa.

I'll live with a substandard song if the film is the best one since CR, I've given up on this era giving us anything as good as YKMN again.

I'm open to be proved wrong though.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Not at all Pierce2Daniel and we should take this off this thread.

Feel free to email me and we can shut this down for good.

Best

P
  • I'd be elated if Trent Reznor and Atticuss Ross were chosen. We're overdue for another great experimental score like GE *hides from the Serra haters*

On another note, why have we not gotten painted posters anymore? Those were the best. The latest poster designs have been very lacking -- CR and QOS were fine if unremarkable, but SF and SP were truly uninspiring. A far cry from the best posters of the franchise.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I'd be elated if Trent Reznor and Atticuss Ross were chosen. We're overdue for another great experimental score like GE *hides from the Serra haters*

On another note, why have we not gotten painted posters anymore? Those were the best. The latest poster designs have been very lacking -- CR and QOS were fine if unremarkable, but SF and SP were truly uninspiring. A far cry from the best posters of the franchise.

I think that painted posters are more expensive than the photoshopped ones. Although I do agree that painted posters are far superior and should make a return to Bond.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    peter wrote: »
    Just working in the film industry doesn’t make you an ‘insider’. A lot of the supposed insiders here have often posits false info or no info at all.

I suppose the true strength of these individual’s sources will bear some fruit if we get confirmation of locations such as Cadiz and Jamaica. Or if Eon come forward and announce a delay to the start date (it can’t come from Baz remember – must be Eon).

To Cashley Persia's creidt - whilst he got a LOT wrong - he did correctly get the young MI6 protege and Yann Demange correct. They were big swings at the time.

Since you seem to be referring to me,, I have never called myself an “insider”... Let me be clear @Pierce2Daniel, so hopefully your passive aggressive digs will come to an end. Unlike you, I don’t pump my own tires with illusions of grandeur and dillussions that EoN must be taking my ideas.

As I have been clear to you before, I know no one at EoN. I am a writer. Not a producer or actor or anything extravagant.

I am working with a gentleman on a project who has known Gregg Wilson for years. This gentleman is in the finanicial part of the industry and has a proven track record in everything he has done. He is, in fact, back in the UK, and yes, I expect more news from him before he gets back.

He is also pitching a project of mine to Gregg.

I also know a couple of great posters on this site, one with specific ties to EoN. One who has tried to share info here, and one, whom I told you before, reported news about the cause of the Boyle fall out two weeks before the mainstream press were reporting anything of substance.

These are my connections to EoN; the Colonel has been an amazing source for us, and this gent I am working with has been generous with me.

I do expect a DL or an official 007 page to report on any delay on principal, or at least news in the industry, since a one month delay is huge news for those not lead actors and producers (I.e. a production/crew person (s) may lose another lined up job with a month’s delay, OR they may hafta now bow out of B25 for another job— a one month delay is a big deal, something you’re clearly not aware of).

I wish for your obsessive behaviour regarding me to stop. A few days ago you asked for forgiveness and I accepted, thinking you had turned a corner.

So, please stop with your passive-aggressive digs. Please try and stop thinking about me.

And yes, I have all your PMs that you sent me. Every, single, rambling and incoherent one of them.

@Pierce2Daniel this is your final warning.

Wishing you all the best,

P

Claps and applauses
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Benny wrote: »
    NicNac wrote: »
    I'm convinced Baz will confirm Waltz's return tonight.
    The day it's confirmed Waltz is back will be the day I will tender my resigation and ask the mods to delete my account.

We will add it to the list you have given us for deleting your account.

What happens if Waltz comes back AND the film is called ‘Shatterhand’

Very odd reason to leave an Internet forum. Most peculiar.
    Oh come on gents, MI6 forum without @PanchitoPistoles is like a cookie without nuts :D

Lol I've never cared for nuts in cookies anyway.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Passive Aggressiveness is ripe on MI6.
    Remington wrote: »
    The day it's confirmed Waltz is back will be the day I will tender my resigation and ask the mods to delete my account.

Oh come on gents, MI6 forum without @PanchitoPistoles is like a cookie without nuts :D

Well, that's actually true for me as well. Never cared for nuts in general.
    Univex wrote: »

Well, that's actually true for me as well. Never cared for nuts in general.

Same.
    Only Barbara Broccoli can bring peace to this thread by announcing something officially. Hurry up, Barbara!
    Only Barbara Broccoli can bring peace to this thread by announcing something officially. Hurry up, Barbara!

You're the reason I drink.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,297

Guess the reason is cost and timeframe. I read an interview with Rudy Obrero, the artist who made the US poster artwork for NSNA. In the interview he tells he used 30 days in total for his poster concepts. I highly doubt any creative agency will have that timeframe to work on poster designs (alone) these days. It's much easier to work on pictures from a photo shoot (or stills from the movie itself), rather than hire an artist to work on a medium that requires more time – and additional time on top of that, should the design require alterations.

It's a shame really, as illustrated artwork can be absolutely fantastic to look at. We can of course hope some illustrated variant posters for B25, but I highly doubt it. The poster campaigns for the Craig era (the last three at least) have been done by Empire Design.
    Maybe if we’re lucky we’ll hear something from Baz tonight.
  • peter wrote: »

Best

P

I'm personally cool with you. I just think that you should remember to treat people with respect and not build campaigns attempting to embarrass and humiliate people. You have a lot of respect from mi6community members due to your professional ties and they will often take your side regardless. You shouldn't wield that power to belittle people.

Also, Justin Kroll (he broke the Boyle and MAlek news) tweeted this:

• Guess the reason is cost and timeframe. I read an interview with Rudy Obrero, the artist who made the US poster artwork for NSNA. In the interview he tells he used 30 days in total for his poster concepts. I highly doubt any creative agency will have that timeframe to work on poster designs (alone) these days. It's much easier to work on pictures from a photo shoot (or stills from the movie itself), rather than hire an artist to work on a medium that requires more time – and additional time on top of that, should the design require alterations.

It's a shame really, as illustrated artwork can be absolutely fantastic to look at. We can of course hope some illustrated variant posters for B25, but I highly doubt it. The poster campaigns for the Craig era (the last three at least) have been done by Empire Design.
    I see. Thanks for the info.

This was the last great poster for my money.
    51E%2BGJSk%2B9L.jpg
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2019 Posts: 5,869
    [deleted]
    Guess the reason is cost and timeframe. I read an interview with Rudy Obrero, the artist who made the US poster artwork for NSNA. In the interview he tells he used 30 days in total for his poster concepts. I highly doubt any creative agency will have that timeframe to work on poster designs (alone) these days. It's much easier to work on pictures from a photo shoot (or stills from the movie itself), rather than hire an artist to work on a medium that requires more time – and additional time on top of that, should the design require alterations.

51E%2BGJSk%2B9L.jpg

Great poster. I like the TWINE poster quite a bit too though.

Best

P

I'm personally cool with you. I just think that you should remember to treat people with respect and not build campaigns attempting to embarrass and humiliate people. You have a lot of respect from mi6community members due to your professional ties and they will often take your side regardless. You shouldn't wield that power to belittle people.

Could be almost anything still. Hoping for Bond, but I won’t hold my breath on it.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    FoxRox wrote: »

Best

P

Could be almost anything still. Hoping for Bond, but I won’t hold my breath on it.
    He just dropped some news regarding Christopher McQuarrie but I have asked him whether this is the "really cool news" he was talking about. If not, I just hope it's not Waltz' return.
  • Could be Star Wars.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

51E%2BGJSk%2B9L.jpg

Great poster. I like the TWINE poster quite a bit too though.

I really like the TND one-sheet, mainly because the stuff in the poster (Carver's face on the TV screens) is actually relevant to the film. I have no issue with Photoshop, personally, but I do have an issue with lazy designs. The Craig-era posters have been rather dull since CR.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Ok guys it's nothing to do with James Bond, it was regarding Christopher McQuarrie.

He replied to my tweet.
    That’s quickly settled. Got to keep sitting tight. I expected a little more news after last week.
    Denbigh wrote: »

Best

P

He just dropped some news regarding Christopher McQuarrie but I have asked him whether this is the "really cool news" he was talking about. If not, I just hope it's not Waltz' return.
    I don’t think there is a single person on the planet who would consider the return of Waltz cool.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I guess we’ll know for sure on March 1st...

51E%2BGJSk%2B9L.jpg

Yes, the GE poster is great as far as photographic posters goes. i Also liked the TWINE posters. Both films posters are heavy on collage elements, which the illustrated posters used as well. Would really like a similar approach for B25!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Denbigh wrote: »

Best

P

I don’t think there is a single person on the planet who would consider the return of Waltz cool.

I would be happy.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    talos7 wrote: »
    I guess we’ll know for sure on March 1st...
    I hope the 007 Twitter does a countdown again, always gets me excited :)
    I’ve just decided that I will completely avoid all Bond related sites until the 1st of March. I want the press conference to surprise me! So I’ll be back in exactly 22 days.

Either I’ll be back happier and more excited than ever before OR I’ll be back just to announce my retirement from mi6commumity (if the title is Shatterhand or if Waltz is back) OR I’ll be back to throw the biggest temper tantrum this forum has EVER seen (if there is no press conference on the 1st of March the latest).

Either way, see you in 22 days. Enjoy the next 3 weeks!
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Ok I will say news I do know March 1st is the press conference I heard this from two people I trust and I believe it
    Thank you for sharing. Very exciting! :)