No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Spectre wasn't suited for Mendes. We needed an action director.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Tuck91 wrote: »

Bingo
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Bring back Lee Tamahori. ;)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    shamanimal wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Despite the flak that SP takes, there are some really terrific moments in that script that deliver the goods and do so in a terrific way: "Bond...James Bond" is well-placed and well-delivered; and Bond's ordering of the martini at the clinic was well-conceived.

All lovely stuff. But for most on this board Spectre is an embarrassing failure, whilst, say, Octopussy is 'classic Bond'.
    I think most here must be on the economy tour.

I don't know if I would call it an embarrassing failure. It was certainly disappointing. My point is, that even in a script that was less-than-stellar, it delivered some of the goods.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited January 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Spectre could've easily been better and should've came out in 2014. Wasn't worth a 3 year wait

Agreed
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 3,000
    Benny wrote: »

I’d still prefer him over Nolan. Or Mendes for that matter.
    We needed a better and far less action heavy script.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 1,533

Lol same. DAD is a lot of things but it isn't boring. More than I can say for a lot of Nolan/Mendes films.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    If filming begins in just 60 days, does that mean that the script, locations and most actors( including the villains) are finalized?
    If filming begins in just 60 days, does that mean that the script, locations and most actors( including the villains) are finalized?
    If the script isn’t in a very good shape at this point then Bond 25 is in deep trouble, much deeper than it was right when Boyle left.
    Sorry to bring up MI again but the recent interviews with McQ show how very, very late they were in developing/completing the script for Fallout. However, I would rather have a script that was being created at the last minute (directed by the same guy) by a writer who completly understood his market/task and what was required as the end result rather than a script that was being created by a team (are they a team?), all with their own creative ideas/agendas. (and all of the internal stuggles/politics that will result)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2019 Posts: 13,905
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Might as well call him Basildon Bond and be done with it :

109584.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8_X_t_5T_-r4n6T2OWhIBy_wOf11bK8pUjY0Np6aVxLBMxvfq6Q

So Bond #25 will either be: Dr Yes, The Man With The Golden Labrador, or Operation: P.I.D.D.L.E? ;)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Remington wrote: »

Lol same. DAD is a lot of things but it isn't boring. More than I can say for a lot of Nolan/Mendes films.

I thought the last 40 minutes was so loud, so frantic, and kept going on and on and on, that it really did become tedious. Prior to that it was ok.
    I have been a member of this forum for quite a while now, and whenever I visit this thread it is always the same experience.
    Remington wrote: »

Yes. It is boring.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    I'd rather watch snuff than Die Another Day. Unspeakably horrible film. It makes my blood pressure rise just thinking about it. I utterly detest that film with every cell of my being.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 6,677
    I'd rather watch snuff than Die Another Day. Unspeakably horrible film. It makes my blood pressure rise just thinking about it. I utterly detest that film with every cell of my being.

Me too. It almost killed my interest in Bond for years. And I was a big Brosnan fan.
    Univex wrote: »

Me too. It almost killed my interest in Bond for years. And I was a big Brosnan fan.

Same here.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Give me DAD over anything that slightly resembles SF. I tolerate bad dialogue and CGI far more than a pretentious quasi-intellectual melodrama designed to attract people of the same label it bears.
    DAD is miles above the truly abysmal TND and TWINE. Always has been and always will be. 1996 to 2001 were the darkest years in James Bond history.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Sigh...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    DAD is miles above the truly abysmal TND and TWINE. Always has been and always will be. 1996 to 2001 were the darkest years in James Bond history.
    I wouldn't personally go that far, but of the ones I've seen in the theatre, I recall being the most disappointed by those two entries (particularly TWINE). I at least had fun with DAD, despite it being crazily OTT (I guess by this time I'd already reduced my expectations for Brosnan's run accordingly).
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom

Agree on TWINE, that is a poor and flat out boring Bond movie. Not with you on TND though. It's fairly by the numbers, but it's still an enjoyable old school Bond film.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    There are plenty other threads where this conversation can be taken.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2019 Posts: 15,694
    I wonder if this thread will reach its 2000th page before the next big announcement for Bond 25.

Found this on page 1000:

Capture-d-e-cran-2019-01-04-a-17-32-31.png
    I wonder if this thread will reach its 2000th page before the next big announcement for Bond 25.

Found this on page 1000:

Capture-d-e-cran-2019-01-04-a-17-32-31.png
    I may have been a bit presumptuous in my comments there @DaltonCraig007, but let's see. I expect the commentary to accelerate on this thread over the next year as production 'actually begins' finally, so perhaps 5000 isn't out of the question, or at least 3500 to 4000.
  • This thread is bloated.

Is there any chance we can lock it when Bond 25 starts filming? We can call it the ‘Bond 25 - Pre-Production Thread’ and the new thread can be ‘[Title] - Filming Thread’.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    This thread is bloated.

Is there any chance we can lock it when Bond 25 starts filming? We can call it the ‘Bond 25 - Pre-Production Thread’ and the new thread can be ‘[Title] - Filming Thread’.
    I'd much prefer to keep this open. I don't plan on continuing the first-page updates beyond pre-production anyway.
    This thread is the stuff of legend. I'll be sorry to see it go finally.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 4,400
    jake24 wrote: »
    This thread is bloated.

I'd much prefer to keep this open. I don't plan on continuing the first-page updates beyond pre-production anyway.

I don't think you really need to keep doing that. I understand it is a pain.

Personally, it's too difficult to navigate this thread. I quite like going back and looking at old posts and just can't anymore. Plus, once the film starts getting made, it be nice to kill off this thread. But I may be the minority there. 2000 seems like a good number.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2019 Posts: 15,694
    @bondjames You should stick around for when the inevitable recast of the James Bond character happens (I assume for Bond 26). As Denzel famously said, ‘King Kong ain’t got shit’ on that thread once it starts.