No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited December 2018 Posts: 8,110
    They are both just too long. No way near as kinetic as the 60's movies, which is saying something.
    They are both just too long. No way near as kinetic as the 60's movies, which is saying something.

Yeah, the length of the last few Bond films is way too long. The two hour mark is perfect.
  • RC7RC7
    I’ve no real issue with the pacing in SF or SP. The worst paced film in the Craig run is QoS. By a mile.
    Now there will be a member who'll say that for all its faults QOS is very well paced, very kinetic even, too much, one might say - I could be that member. But hey! Who cares, this is about Bond25. Who knows what length it will be. Hope we get news of the composer soo, so we can all stop debating the last efforts. I think that, if it weren't for the recurring characters news, we'd be talking about new possibilites. And about the new DOP. It could still be an all new crew.
  • RC7RC7
    Univex wrote: »
    Now there will be a member who'll say that for all its faults QOS is very well paced, very kinetic even, too much, one might say - I could be that member. But hey! Who cares, this is about Bond25. Who knows what length it will be. Hope we get news of the composer soo, so we can all stop debating the last efforts. I think that, if it weren't for the recurring characters news, we'd be talking about new possibilites. And about the new DOP. It could still be an all new crew.

The discussion about run time is moot. A film can be 2:30 and paced brilliantly, or 1:30 and paced badly. The opposite is also true.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »

The discussion about run time is moot. A film can be 2:30 and paced brilliantly, or 1:30 and paced badly. The opposite is also true.

I agree wholeheartedly, my friend.
  • @talos7 - how would one get that fight club physique Brad Pitt had? More rakish, not so much big muscles and pecs. Is that more cardio and diet rather than weights? (Sorry to derail the thread - is there a workout thread on this forum?)

@Major_Boothroyd, there are a number of sites that go into detail on the diets and workouts actors have used to get into shape for roles. This is one: https://www.highsnobiety.com/2017/07/31/brad-pitt-fight-club-workout/

For Fight Club, Pitt basically used high cardio and a super clean diet.
    @talos7 - how would one get that fight club physique Brad Pitt had? More rakish, not so much big muscles and pecs. Is that more cardio and diet rather than weights? (Sorry to derail the thread - is there a workout thread on this forum?)

@Major_Boothroyd, there are a number of sites that go into detail on the diets and workouts actors have used to get into shape for roles. This is one: https://www.highsnobiety.com/2017/07/31/brad-pitt-fight-club-workout/

Good now I have an idea of where to go for the new year
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    @talos7 - how would one get that fight club physique Brad Pitt had? More rakish, not so much big muscles and pecs. Is that more cardio and diet rather than weights? (Sorry to derail the thread - is there a workout thread on this forum?)

Great. Thanks for the link @Some_Kind_Of_Hero - This is what I suspected he had done. The diet included is a big help. Cheers.
    I still prefer Ramin Djawadi for Bond 25

Filming will begin in 77 days.
    Almost there! Thanks for the updates, @PanchitoPistoles. Most appreciated.
    T-77, and counting.
    In 77 days we just might know the title of this forthcoming iconic Bond film.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    This calls for a bit of Bond 77.
    In 77 days it may even have a completed script.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Oh ye of little faith! It's okay to have a script not completed before filming.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    None of us know the status of the script; for all we know it’s finished or close to complete.
    I would take any leaks of it’s status with a grain of salt.
    No doubt there are substantial and intact completed drafts of the B25 script in EON's possession at this point.

And to be 77 days out from shooting without a polished 'shooting' script would not only be totally understandable, but something of a norm for franchise films of this size and scope.

To think that there are people working on that very thing at this very moment. Chills. The anticipation of a Bond film, knowing that its gears are fully moving toward being real, is among my favorite feelings.
    They likely know the title.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    They likely know the title.

I'd guess so. At the very least, there's a short list and the eventual title's probably on it.

Funnily enough, I just received a post office notification that my copy of "Some Kind of Hero" is ready for pickup. I've quite liked some of the Craig-era title suggestions that other forum members have said it it includes, like Once Upon a Spy or Nothing is Forever. I'd be happy to put them in a group with Shatterhand as candidates.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    It'd be a nice Xmas gift to get some more news this month, but I am not holding my breath. I am, however, counting on the month of January to get some substantial information.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    As much as I'm not too keen on a 3rd S title in a row. It's always great to see any Ian Fleming work on the screen, plus it sounds retro. Hopefully if they do go for Shatterhand, it will be a more faithful adaptation of You Only Live Twice.

With that being said, I would like a phrase or a place because they always add a little bit of mystery that I feel has been lacking. Who knows, 77 days to go
  • In 77 days Craig might even start working out.

Next. In 77 days....
    I'm almost getting excited now for B25.
    ToTheRight wrote: »

No your supposed to be afraid and angry like the rest of us ;)

Obviously I am kidding and am quite excited too

Risico007 wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »

No your supposed to be afraid and angry like the rest of us ;)

Obviously I am kidding and am quite excited too

LOL!

I'm trying to hide my concerns with quiet, dignity and grace...........actually I'm quite guilty of griping about the long gaps and gunbarrel scenes.

My biggest hope at the moment is that once the film is underway the excitement kicks in and this new film jump-starts the series for future outings (with or without Craig).

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I am most excited to see behind the scenes photos, and candid shots again. I remember some of the first images we got from SPECTRE was Craig on the boat with Rory, followed by the photos of Craig getting out of the Aston Martin in Rome. Such great pictures!
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    I might be wrong but I have a feeling that title "Shatterhand" stays.
    QQ7 wrote: »

Three one-word "S" titles in a row. If that's the case I hope the title reads as "Shatterhand" as opposed to "ShatterHand"
    QQ7 wrote: »
    What do you mean by "stays"? It was never the title. I will say this: if the great Cary Fukunaga agrees to a title as stupid as Shatterhand, then I have gravely misjudged him.