No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

As long as B25 is as good as Mission Impossible Fallout I will be very happy indeed
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    As long as B25 is as good as Mission Impossible Fallout I will be very happy indeed

I'd prepare yourself for a different type of film entirely.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited December 2018 Posts: 6,061
    From Variety:
    "Besides Seydoux, Eon is looking for two other actresses — one would play an MI6 agent who works with Bond and another a mystery women — as well as the Bond villain.

According to insiders, Rami Malek was being eyed for the villain role..."

That second dash is very confusing because it reads like the "mystery woman" could be the Bond villain. But then they say Malek so I guess the main villain is male?

I'd give the dash more credence (call it "Dashgate") if they didn't blatantly misspell "women."

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited December 2018 Posts: 15,423
    @echo
    A few months back, there was a casting of Russian villain, including male and female in brackets. Don't know how anyone else will take it, but it could be that the role is either neutral and will only go to the best suited actor/actress, or there are two villains.
    I'm not impressed with Malek.

He looks like a Dominic Greene clone to me.
    But he works well with fake teeth on :)
    That female Bond villain casting. Could it be for a certain character named Ima Bunt?
    Could very well be.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Back when that casting call was leaked, there was no indication that the female lead would be that of a villain (the attributes showed no sign of any evil characteristics), though that role could've been a Vesper Lynd type who ends up betraying Bond in some way.
  • @echo
    A few months back, there was a casting of Russian villain, including male and female in brackets. Don't know how anyone else will take it, but it could be that the role is either neutral and will only go to the best suited actor/actress, or there are two villains.

This drives to the central and crucial point….how much of the Danny Boyle/John Hodge script has been kept?

At the moment we don’t really know if the villain will be male or female. The Variety articles talks about a ‘mysterious female’ role; this could be a fleeting cameo (like Severine or Lucia Sciarra) or perhaps the lead baddie.

Otherwise, the three actors rumoured for a villain roles (from Boyle to Fukunaga versions) are Rami Malek, Tomasz Kot and Said Taghmaoui. None of these actors are in the Oscar-winners league we previously had in SF & SP – though Malek looks sets for a nomination this season.

Are/were all three considered for the same role? We know from Taghmaoui that there was some internal debate at Eon whether they wanted a Middle-Eastern or a Russian character. I suspect Fukunaga decided on Middle Eastern if Malek is the frontrunner.

Personally, I hope the new Cold War angle hasn’t been dropped – it genuinely had me pumped for Bond 25.

Also, I’m really down for the Malek casting. He has a terrific look – that jawline, hair and eyes – and his performance in Mr robot has been consistently fantastic. He’s captivating in the same – even if series 2 and 3 weren’t as good as series 1. I’ve yet to see his Freddie Mercury.

2017-07-gettyimages-800540930-master-1000w.jpg

He looks like a Bond villain.
  • fjdinardo wrote: »
    That female Bond villain casting. Could it be for a certain character named Ima Bunt?

Especially because
    Irma Bunt was in some of the later SPECTRE script drafts, as late as October 2014.

Rami Malek would be a sensational choice for a Bond villain.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Why are you spoiler tagging speculation?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Meanwhile in SP we got classic lines like "I'm Mickey Mouse, and you, who are you?"

1. Those lines weren't spoken to the villain
    2. The great line Bond delivered to the villain in SP was, "Well, get on with it then.
    Nothing can be as painful as listening to you talk." Classic.
    Er... Normal line, regular comeback, can be a good one. But, "classic" is an exaggeration.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 871
    Meanwhile in SP we got classic lines like "I'm Mickey Mouse, and you, who are you?"

I dislike SP as much as the next guy, perhaps more so, but I think that line is not too bad.
    TripAces wrote: »

2. The great line Bond delivered to the villain in SP was, "Well, get on with it then.
    Nothing can be as painful as listening to you talk." Classic.

That one I don't like.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2018 Posts: 2,541
    I think the classic line where bond challenge Villian intellectually during conversation imo would be when Blofeld told bond about the meteor in the crater -

Blofeld - "so many years up there alone silent building momentum until it choose to make it's mark on Earth, an huge unstoppable Force"

Bond- "Except it did stop didn't it right here"

Bang. Done
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited December 2018 Posts: 4,554
    Er... Normal line, regular comeback, can be a good one. But, "classic" is an exaggeration.

It was the delivery.

I didn't care for DC's delivery of either of the big lines to Le Chiffre: "When I start weeping blood" and "That last hand nearly killed me." It was a little too self-assured and cocky. But I can see why that appealed to many fans.

His best line ever is "I got a little itch. Down there. Do you mind?" The lines and the delivery were perfect.
    It's definitely an "eye of the beholder" situation. I rather liked those cocky and self-assured lines he delivered in CR.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    @echo

This drives to the central and crucial point….how much of the Danny Boyle/John Hodge script has been kept?

At the moment we don’t really know if the villain will be male or female. The Variety articles talks about a ‘mysterious female’ role; this could be a fleeting cameo (like Severine or Lucia Sciarra) or perhaps the lead baddie.

Otherwise, the three actors rumoured for a villain roles (from Boyle to Fukunaga versions) are Rami Malek, Tomasz Kot and Said Taghmaoui. None of these actors are in the Oscar-winners league we previously had in SF & SP – though Malek looks sets for a nomination this season.

Are/were all three considered for the same role? We know from Taghmaoui that there was some internal debate at Eon whether they wanted a Middle-Eastern or a Russian character. I suspect Fukunaga decided on Middle Eastern if Malek is the frontrunner.

Personally, I hope the new Cold War angle hasn’t been dropped – it genuinely had me pumped for Bond 25.

Also, I’m really down for the Malek casting. He has a terrific look – that jawline, hair and eyes – and his performance in Mr robot has been consistently fantastic. He’s captivating in the same – even if series 2 and 3 weren’t as good as series 1. I’ve yet to see his Freddie Mercury.

He looks like he's five years old.
    Agreed. I don't get the fuss about him, at all.
    @echo

If he has turned six, he will resent that remark.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

I'm reminded of Robocop 2. :))
    latest?cb=20121125183022
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    edited December 2018 Posts: 371
    Never watched Malek apart from "Pacific" and "The Master". I always found him creepy, weird and confusing, so I guess that he would make a good Bond villain.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    @echo

Indeed, he looks like a potential Bond villain - in about 15 years.

Granted, he IS a good actor. I'm just struggling to see him opposite Craig. I can't see it at the moment.
    Maybe he can play Bond and Madeleine s son?
    Estranged son. A great motive for a revenge plot.

Blofeld raises him and pits him against his biological father. Now, he's known as Dr. Noah.
  • I think Irma Bunt shouldn't have been cut out of SP. I think she would have helped so the third act wasn't as dry as it was. A catfight between her and Swann could have been fun. IMO.

I wouldn't mind if this movie decides to use her. An actress like Gwendoline Christie can convincingly go toe-to-toe with Bond.
    I think Irma Bunt shouldn't have been cut out of SP. I think she would have helped so the third act wasn't as dry as it was. A catfight between her and Swann could have been fun. IMO.

I wouldn't mind if this movie decides to use her. An actress like Gwendoline Christie can convincingly go toe-to-toe with Bond.
    In one of the earlier drafts, there was a catfight between Irma and Swann. Of course, Irma gets the upper hand until Bond kicks her down the elevator shaft. Loved that draft.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Damn. I would’ve loved to have read that draft.
  • 077077 ny
    edited December 2018 Posts: 12
    Estranged son. A great motive for a revenge plot.

Blofeld raises him and pits him against his biological father. Now, he's known as Dr. Noah.

You guys are funny. Rami is 37 years old, Lea is 33. While Lea can be Daniel's gf Rami can't be the villain ...? hmmmm