No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    edited December 2018 Posts: 243

Apparently this stuntman is preparing for B25.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    He's Kai Martin, Craig's stunt double since CR... http://www.kaimartin.co.uk/#bio
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    I thought about this the other day it would be really fitting if bond had the final showdown with the main villain in a bathroom.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Stealing Tom Cruise's world-topping sh*t? ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,883

Isn't he overdoing it, given how the principal is looking these days? I'd lay off the weights until he catches up. ;)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    bondjames wrote: »

Isn't he overdoing it, given how the principal is looking these days? I'd lay off the weights until he catches up. ;)

Perhaps Craig is in better shape right now than we suspect.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Yeah Craig is not going to look that good. Better put on a few pounds and put down the weights.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yeah Craig is not going to look that good. Better put on a few pounds and put down the weights.
    You've got to stop the heated negativity, mate. It's getting tiresome.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Folks, you have no idea what kind of shape Daniel is now in. No, you cannot judge by recent photos where he is completely covered.

My prediction, and will pull up this post when proven correct, Craig will come into this film in phenomenal shape; naysayers will be pleasantly shocked.

This is a guarantee.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2018 Posts: 2,541
    Going by Craig's age and bond age it would be more age appropriate rather than what we saw in CR so I am not expecting him very bulky.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    patb wrote: »
    @Mendes4Lyfe It's like other things in life. There are times when something can be salvaged and times when you just walk away. I think this decision could be crucial to the success of the next movie. Why try to salvage something when you can start again?

How many fans and punters would be up in arms if SP was just left alone?

I agree, they SHOULD have started again. Started with a completely fresh slate and a new Bond actor. I think the current direction is played out. We need a more modern incarnation of Bond, that isn't rooted in the mid 2000's.
    Why do you think ignoring what was before is played out?

I'm sorry, not sure I understand your question. What I mean is I think each story being based on an emotional and personal chapter in Bonds life is old hat. How many times we see Craig cradle a loved one dying in his arms or go on a revenge mission without M's approval. How many more skeletons are there left in his closet?
    My Point was that the current direction consists a lot of claiming to follow some continuity and in reality throwing overboard what has been established before. In that veign it wouldn´t be surprising if the next Bond film was a really cool film with not so much emotional baggage.

Age appropriate? Lol. Such misconceptions.
    Have to agree with @Talos7 re. Craig's shape. With so many personal trainers available, diets etc., his shape will be the last thing to worry about, I think.

When it comes to his stunt double's shape – maybe he's preparing for a particular stunt requiring some heavy muscles to accomplish?
    It is very likely that the double will drop weight prior to filming.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Craig will look pretty good, undoubtedly.

I've had issues with some of his wardrobe as Bond, but if I look even half as good physically as he does when I am his age, I'll be over the moon. The guy has always been incredibly fit, which is quite an achievement considering some of the ringers he has put himself through.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    @talos7 - how would one get that fight club physique Brad Pitt had? More rakish, not so much big muscles and pecs. Is that more cardio and diet rather than weights? (Sorry to derail the thread - is there a workout thread on this forum?)
    @talos7 - how would one get that fight club physique Brad Pitt had? More rakish, not so much big muscles and pecs. Is that more cardio and diet rather than weights? (Sorry to derail the thread - is there a workout thread on this forum?)

I think there is one; later tonight I’ll look and move this over there.

talos7 wrote: »
    Age appropriate? Lol. Such misconceptions.

When was the last time you saw Craig shirtless or performing hardcore stunts my best guess skyfall it's been almost 6 years, do you think they would still go for that look for his last which was started in 2006 neither do I expect him to perform such fancy stunts. Take Logan for example if you think about laughing on age appropriate again.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Exactly, @CatchingBullets - Lea can be brought back in so many ways, used creatively. I'm not concerned.

But we do have the usual talking points as we wait for more news, sure.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 8,037
    Yes I will laugh at the overall misconceptions are about age and fitness; they are antiquated; we live in a different era. Go back and read some of my other , recent, posts on this; it happens to be an area of expertise for me.

Let me say it again, Daniel Craig will be in amazing shape for Bond 25

Oh, and for Lucky Logan, he was in the shape the role required.
    I am not saying he can't be in great shape due to his age but due to the story read it again, are you an expertise in screenplay too because if you are then you must be working with EON & Cary right now, nonetheless if they wanted bond to look like that then why weren't there any shirtless scenes in SP.

I am saying it again it would be more age appropriate.
    And you know Bonds state of mind at the beginning of the film? Very little is actually known.
    I made my statement based on rumours of next and the previous film(SP where he didn't even got shirtless for sex scenes) from his state of mind or what can be expected.
    I am not saying he can't be in great shape due to his age but due to the story read it again, are you an expertise in screenplay too because if you are then you must be working with EON & Cary right now, nonetheless if they wanted bond to look like that then why weren't there any shirtless scenes in SP.

I am saying it again it would be more age appropriate.

And @talos7 is saying age isn't necessarily a factor in fitness. At least not these days. Nowadays there are plenty of 70 year olds who could outrun people my age. And even if it were a factor, most people that age aren't playing James Bond. If the story does require an out of shape Bond, then sure. But that's not the same thing as it being age appropriate.

There weren't any shirtless scenes in SP because they probably weren't needed - it's as simple as that. He was still in top shape.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    He did the title sequence shirtless.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,883
    I was just kidding around guys. I saw this stunt dude pushing iron in that thumbnail and just had to comment, given all the posts about Craig's looks.

Bottom line, that guy seems to be overdoing it. Bond doesn't need to look like him and I hope he doesn't frankly. I don't need to see Craig in his undies or whatever in B25 either, but I think he needs to do something about the chin area, which has been sagging lately.
    I don't want to see Craig in shorts either or looks like the guy in the video honestly . I am Sure he would be in great shape but I don't know if shirtless scene in SP title sequence was actually real or not.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,373

That might happen too of course. Are there any reasons for the stunt double to bulk up (if he is), then down for a role, you think?
    edited December 2018 Posts: 8,053

That might happen too of course. Are there any reasons for the stunt double to bulk up (if he is), then down for a role, you think?

Bulking up causes both an increase in muscle and fat. Cutting, if done correctly, can just target excess fat.

So if one were to bulk up and then drop the respective fat gained in that bulk, they could end up with better muscle definition. It's hard to do as it takes patience and you need to pay huge amounts of attention to your diet/nutrition.

‘Tis is probably his natural, not for a role weight. It’s easier to drop then gain. By not being on a restrictive diet allows him to train heavier and longer.

My point is to not have this conversation become ludicrous by talking about Craig running around half naked or even shirtless; my point is he’s going to want to look good even if in nothing more revealing than Chinos and a polo.