No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Thrasos wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    They seem to be trying some new things this time, with new people. Long overdue in my view, and hopefully that carries forward to the composer too.
    I agree...new people helming/writing and a new story especially could inspire the composer to write an exceptional score, such a key component.
    bondsum wrote: »
    ...I highly doubt there will ever come a time of Bond oversaturation, unless Disney totally buy it out and we have The Monneypenny Diaries, Felix Leiter's Lighting the Fuse, or Oddjob: The Early Years...
    If they greenlight an Oddjob movie, I'd like to see Oddjob's hat get a spinoff. Knowing our crowd someone's probably already made that joke.

Perhaps they could get Pixar to develop an animated rom-com starring Odd Job’s Hat and Klebb’s Shoe.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    RC7 wrote: »
    Thrasos wrote: »
    They seem to be trying some new things this time, with new people. Long overdue in my view, and hopefully that carries forward to the composer too.
    I agree...new people helming/writing and a new story especially could inspire the composer to write an exceptional score, such a key component.
    bondsum wrote: »
    ...I highly doubt there will ever come a time of Bond oversaturation, unless Disney totally buy it out and we have The Monneypenny Diaries, Felix Leiter's Lighting the Fuse, or Oddjob: The Early Years...
    If they greenlight an Oddjob movie, I'd like to see Oddjob's hat get a spinoff. Knowing our crowd someone's probably already made that joke.
    Perhaps they could get Pixar to develop an animated rom-com starring Odd Job’s Hat and Klebb’s Shoe.
    That's a winner. :))
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 4,619
    Bond director and writer pairs who worked togteher on non-Bond films before collaborating on a Bond movie:

Terence Young & Richard Maibaum
    - Paratrooper
    - Zarak
    - Tank Force

Terence Young & Johanna Harwood
    - Paratrooper

Lewis Gilbert & Christopher Wood
    - Seven Nights in Japan

Sam Mendes & John Logan
    - they worked on Sweeney Todd before Mendes left the project

Danny Boyle & John Hodge
    - Shallow Grave
    - Trainspotting
    - A Life Less Ordinary
    - The Beach
    - Trance
    - Trainspotting 2

The Boyle/Hodge team is a writer-director team unlike any other in Bond movie history. They have been working together for over 20 years, and Hodge was not brought in to refine a script written by writers who were chosen by EON, he is the sole writer of the movie (at least for now).
    Danny Boyle & John Hodge
    - Shallow Grave
    - Trainspotting
    - A Life Less Ordinary
    - The Beach
    - Trance
    - Trainspotting 2

I didn't find any of these movies to be terribly exciting (and A LIFE LESS ORDINARY and THE BEACH are generally regarded as stinkers). I was hoping Alex Garland would be Boyle's pick.
    I am shocked and a little sad that this news has not caused Bond 25 fan posters to be created
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Bond director and writer pairs who worked togteher on non-Bond films before collaborating on a Bond movie:

Terence Young & Richard Maibaum
    - Paratrooper
    - Zarak
    - Tank Force

Terence Young & Johanna Harwood
    - Paratrooper

Lewis Gilbert & Christopher Wood
    - Seven Nights in Japan

Sam Mendes & John Logan
    - they worked on Sweeney Todd before Mendes left the project

Danny Boyle & John Hodge
    - Shallow Grave
    - Trainspotting
    - A Life Less Ordinary
    - The Beach
    - Trance
    - Trainspotting 2

The Boyle/Hodge team is a writer-director team unlike any other in Bond movie history. They have been working together for over 20 years, and Hodge was not brought in to refine a script written by writers who were chosen by EON, he is the sole writer of the movie (at least for now).

You're right-- that is quite the Super-Team. And you're also right this script is not off the backs of anything other than an original idea from Boyle. I wonder why people still think Hodge is working off of P&W when it's been quite clear from everything said by the people involved how this all came about.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    What do you guys think, is there still a possibility for Blofeld/Waltz/Spectre to feature in Bond 25?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    It's likely.
    What do you guys think, is there still a possibility for Blofeld/Waltz/Spectre to feature in Bond 25?

Anything is likely. But Waltz seems out of it.

It's likely.
    Are you serious? It's incredibly unlikely at this point.
    It's unwanted in much discussion on this forum.

To me it's likely that Spectre, Blofeld, and even Waltz return in BOND 25. But I won't fall on my sword over it.
    I know its pretty much confirmed this will be a stand alone story but is there anyway this stand alone story could still use Blofeld and Madeline?
  • peterpeter Toronto

Nope.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I know its pretty much confirmed this will be a stand alone story but is there anyway this stand alone story could still use Blofeld and Madeline?

Nope.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    I see there are some very good scenes from A Life Less Ordinary (1997)

large-screenshot3.jpg

A-Life_less_ordinary+%287%29.JPG

LifeLessOrdinary_20.jpg

M_Balje wrote: »
    I see there are some very good scenes from A Life Less Ordinary (1997)

large-screenshot3.jpg

A-Life_less_ordinary+%287%29.JPG

LifeLessOrdinary_20.jpg

Without having seen any Boyle films (will keep it that way until I've seen Bond 25; don't want to go to the theatre with any expectations of Boyle's filmmaking) - these screenshots do look really good.
    I’d be extremely surprised to see Waltz or Seydoux return at this point, or either of their characters being recast either. I highly suspect we are going to get something CR or SF-esque in the sense that the film will work both in Craig’s continuity and on its own as well.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    TripAces wrote: »
    So much of the last 10+ years is being cleansed away, slowly. I find it very refreshing and am looking forward to what comes next. New beginnings.
    From jamesbonddownunder today looks like jany tamine is out

This could be the best news I've read all year. Hooray!

Indeed! Boyle was a sure thing so no surprise there, but I really didn't expect Temime is out. Great news!
    I sincerely hope whoever replaces her doesn't go for the spandex cut again.

That was Tom Ford's influence.

Craig works with Ford on Bond's look; the costume designer just goes along with it. The suits will be as tight (or loose) as Craig wants. I have noticed since SP's release, that Craig himself is going with looser cuts, especially with his jeans. So I would think his Ford suits will do the same in B25.

Was it Tom Ford's influence really though?

Tom Ford was used on QoS and that film has the best cut of suits of all the Craig-bond films. I seem to remember Tamime going on about wanting a tighter fit and the suits being closer to Craig's body during the production for SF and harping on about how great Craig's body is. Whoever the costume designer was for QoS needs to be brought back.

Anyone working on a Bond film as a prerequisite should be made to study all 6 60s era Bond films for overall reference.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The costume designer for QoS was Louise Frogley, who apparently worked for three MCU films: Iron Man 3, Spider-Man: Homecoming and Ant-Man and the Wasp.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I’d be extremely surprised to see Waltz or Seydoux return at this point, or either of their characters being recast either. I highly suspect we are going to get something CR or SF-esque in the sense that the film will work both in Craig’s continuity and on its own as well.

100% agree
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    The less we mention anything to do with SP in B25, the better. Can't see Boyle doing it otherwise. It's over red rover for Blofeld and Madeleine.
    Great news!

latest?cb=20121127140528
    Great news!

latest?cb=20121127140528
    I wonder what Bond 25 will be called also I am pissed that they are simply going to ignore the events of Spectre
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I wonder what Bond 25 will be called also I am pissed that they are simply going to ignore the events of Spectre

Me too.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Same, because Bond 25 will feel tackled on and it irks me that Blofeld is still alive although in jail.
    These things really aren't known yet.

quote-don-t-wait-for-it-to-happen-don-t-even-want-it-to-happen-just-watch-what-does-happen-sean-connery-89-26-42.jpg
    Risico007 wrote: »

I will be happy if they ignore SP, but I'm not totally convinced they'll do that. I think there is still a chance for at least some form of continuation of the story.
  • RC7RC7
    Why don’t you all just calm down and wait and see what happens. Like being in a crèche sometimes.
    I'm more than calm. We are just discussing what Bond 25 will be about. What's wrong with that?