No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5480285/amp/Danny-Boyle-set-charge-new-Bond-film.html

Not sure this article offers reassurance or not. The idea that Hodge’s pitch offers something completely different should encourage those hoping for soft continuity after brothergate.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Is it safe to exhale, no more Newman?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Getafix wrote: »
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5480285/amp/Danny-Boyle-set-charge-new-Bond-film.html

Not sure this article offers reassurance or not. The idea that Hodge’s pitch offers something completely different should encourage those hoping for soft continuity after brothergate.

There’s that damn actor, running around again, pooling talent, bringing on something different. Ugh, I bet they give him another producing credit...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    His Olympic sketch was very poor and uncharming.
    It was an ok sketch, but in no way an indication of whether or not he can make a great Bond film. We'll see how things turn out.
    @Getafix Wonder if Kelly McDonald still has what it takes.

She's fourty one. Kincade's daughter ? :-)

http://www.listal.com/viewimage/6746294

peter wrote: »

There’s that damn actor, running around again, pooling talent, bringing on something different. Ugh, I bet they give him another producing credit...
    Comment of the month.
    I disappear for a day and we find out that Danny Boyle could be the director of Bond 25. I’m not familiar with his work. Is he good?

Also what is report that Neal & Wade are out?
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 11,425
    patb wrote: »
    @Getafix Wonder if Kelly McDonald still has what it takes.

She's fourty one. Kincade's daughter ? :-)

http://www.listal.com/viewimage/6746294

She would have been great back in the day. Wouldn’t be surprised if she’d turned it down.

He seems to have a thing for promoting British South Asian actors as well. Dev Patel... he was excellent in Lion.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited March 2018 Posts: 9,117
    talos7 wrote: »

I think you might be right mate. And P&W!!

Today is a great day to be a Bond fan if those three have emptied their desks at EON HQ!
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,295
    Amazing news! P & W are FINALLY out!.

Ut_p%C3%A5_tur_med_Morgan_og_Ola-Conny__%C3%A5r_1__ep._1_Original_35735.jpg?1391037757

Are you sure that's them? Looks like a piss poor P&W tribute act (Christ alone knows who would book them).

Either that or John Bishop with full blown Aids and Sloth out of the Goonies .

Haha, no that's not them. It's Morgan and Ola-Conny from a Swedish documentary series, originally about a superstore in Sweden, I believe. Think they have a documentary series of their own, where they travel to different locations.
    Actually he does have a few recurring actors. Ewan Mcgregor, Christopher Eccleston, Cillian Murphy and Robert Carlyle amongst them. The latter is obviously a no go and I wouldn’t be keen to see complacent McGregor in Bond but the other two might be interesting. Although Nolan would be annoyed if Boyle uses Murphy. Wonder if Kelly McDonald still has what it takes.

And let's not forget Jonny Lee Miller, who's grandfather was M himself, Bernard Lee!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I am pretty sure they are the same.
    I don't think so. The one on the left is Robert Carlyle, and the one on the right is Richard Griffiths.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 11,425

Ut_p%C3%A5_tur_med_Morgan_og_Ola-Conny__%C3%A5r_1__ep._1_Original_35735.jpg?1391037757

Are you sure that's them? Looks like a piss poor P&W tribute act (Christ alone knows who would book them).

Haha, no that's not them. It's Morgan and Ola-Conny from a Swedish documentary series, originally about a superstore in Sweden, I believe. Think they have a documentary series of their own, where they travel to different locations.
    Actually he does have a few recurring actors. Ewan Mcgregor, Christopher Eccleston, Cillian Murphy and Robert Carlyle amongst them. The latter is obviously a no go and I wouldn’t be keen to see complacent McGregor in Bond but the other two might be interesting. Although Nolan would be annoyed if Boyle uses Murphy. Wonder if Kelly McDonald still has what it takes.

And let's not forget Jonny Lee Miller, who's grandfather was M himself, Bernard Lee!

I didn’t know he was Bernard’s grandson. You can imagine him getting a cameo. MI6’s hapless Station Head in Hong Kong.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Anybody having a Danny Boyle Marathon in celebration of this news?
    ok , just so I’m clear: you have a following? Over the years you have collected a following of readers? And these followers understand your process of thinking/re-assessment?... Hmm

That is very cool! No jokes on my part. Seriously, I get it.

Every once in a while you get on a rant about something someone wrote and you see for whatever reason as offensive . Has it ever occurred to you, that it might be you who is getting things wrong? Maybe you're just not very good in perceiving meanings?
    Worst of all, when proven wrong you don't apologize, but simply stay quiet for a while and then come back and just don't mention it.

I believe someone told you that you must have a perfect view of a part of your body, and I must agree-- an incredible talent you have there.

Best,

P

Ohhh. Vulgarity. I didn't saw that coming. You clever devil!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Thank you @noSolaceleft !
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

I am definitly planning one, can't find the time though. Sunshine was already on my to do list for years. But obviously there is still doubt left in me whether any of this is true.
    Would help a lot if Eon confirms something.
    Boyle has a habit of starting the film with something from the middle of the narrative, then recapitulating. (Haven t seen many of his films, so don t know if that is very consistent). Wonder if he will keep that up.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,295

I didn’t know he was Bernard’s grandson. You can imagine him getting a cameo. MI6’s hapless Station Head in Hong Kong.

That would be great to see! Like JLM as an actor too, and have nothing against seeing him in a role.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Today is a great day to be a Bond fan if those three have emptied their desks at EON HQ!
    I have to agree with you. This is the first time since the release of the disappointing SP that I've been even slightly enthused. It's as though a great weight has been lifted. If nothing else, at least the same tired concepts that have played out over what will soon be 20 years are over and done with, and that's something to be grateful for.

My next two hopes are that they get this done by the original November 2019 date and we get Daniel Pemberton on compositional duties.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    00Agent wrote: »

I am definitly planning one, can't find the time though. Sunshine was already on my to do list for years. But obviously there is still doubt left in me whether any of this is true.

If it's from baz then it's true.

Bamingoboy has been wrong before.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Well this news is certainly interesting and inspires something hopeful but we'll see.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 4,619
    I certainly am! One Boyle movie per week, starting with Shallow Grave this weekend. Hopefully by the time I'm finished with the marathon, he will officially be the director of Bond 25.

It's 100% true that they all want it to happen, but many things can go wrong between now and Boyle officially signing on.
  • RC7RC7
    I’m surprised by the number of people who haven’t seen a Boyle. I wouldn’t call him ‘niche’, per se.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender

It's safe.

New screenwriters, no Mendes, no Newman... not bad at all.
    Unroll it’s confirmed nothing is guaranteed
    Boyle has a habit of starting the film with something from the middle of the narrative, then recapitulating. (Haven t seen many of his films, so don t know if that is very consistent). Wonder if he will keep that up.

So we can look forward to the gunbarrel in the middle of the film this time.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    bondjames wrote: »

I have to agree with you. This is the first time since the release of the disappointing SP that I've been even slightly enthused. It's as though a great weight has been lifted. If nothing else, at least the same tired concepts that have played out over what will soon be 20 years are over and done with, and that's something to be grateful for.

My next two hopes are that they get this done by the original November 2019 date and we get Daniel Pemberton on compositional duties.

I don't know where to begin on that statement. I guess I saw different Bond films over the past 12 years than you did. And I'm not sure that Hodge or Boyle will break away too much from the Bond formula.