No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 1,533
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Kevin Spacey would have been a better choice for Blofeld,and,I would imagine,have been more sinister.

Then there would've been even more Goldmember ties. But I agree.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Ben Whishaw will be a guest on Graham Norton's BBC Radio 2 show on Saturday, 20 January, 2018 at 10:00AM.

You can submit questions for Ben here: [Link]
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited January 2018 Posts: 3,277
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Kevin Spacey would have been a better choice for Blofeld,and,I would imagine,have been more sinister.

HAHAHAHAH
    antovolk wrote: »
    Don't remember who posted this but there was a great idea in this thread about retconning the Bond/Blofeld connection a bit if they somehow make the personal connection to Oberhauser a reason Bond was picked for MI6 in the first place. Could tie in to an event that was mentioned in the original drafts as the 'seed' for this era's version of SPECTRE.
    Both White and Oberhauser/Blofeld served in the Foreign Legion in Morocco (with the platoon nicknamed Les Spectres de Pierre and their informal insignia being an octopus with its tentacles encircling the globe). One night, when the platoon ran out of food and were going hungry for days, Blofeld ended up just killing them all and essentially cannibalising them - with the exception of White.

Maybe that's what puts Blofeld on MI6's map?

It would be a very nice background for his story.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Don't remember who posted this but there was a great idea in this thread about retconning the Bond/Blofeld connection a bit if they somehow make the personal connection to Oberhauser a reason Bond was picked for MI6 in the first place. Could tie in to an event that was mentioned in the original drafts as the 'seed' for this era's version of SPECTRE.
    Both White and Oberhauser/Blofeld served in the Foreign Legion in Morocco (with the platoon nicknamed Les Spectres de Pierre and their informal insignia being an octopus with its tentacles encircling the globe). One night, when the platoon ran out of food and were going hungry for days, Blofeld ended up just killing them all and essentially cannibalising them - with the exception of White.

I put forth a similar idea: that Bond's father's friendship with Oberhauser put young James in MI6's crosshairs early on.
    boldfinger wrote: »

That Waltz's word isn't exactly good as gold. ;-)
  • RC7RC7
    edited January 2018 Posts: 10,512
    TripAces wrote: »

I put forth a similar idea: that Bond's father's friendship with Oberhauser put young James in MI6's crosshairs early on.

Despite being a horrible idea that both perpetuates and exacerbates a narrative 99% are are troubled by, it makes zero sense. Why would MI6 have any interest in what is essentially a multiple homicide, albeit a gory one, involving the French foreign legion? Going down this route is purely shovelling s*** into your own face.
    Ah ok. It´s a point brought up here many times before though.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    SP is shown in german TV right now - and it‘s a shame all those production values, great actors and their performances and beautiful locations were thrown into the trash because of this strange and mostly really bad script.

I really hope they take their time and keep us waiting because they won‘t start with a script of that quality again. The PTS is still awesome, the titles are one of the worst, the title track hurts my ears and brain ... no way to hear it - had to mute it.

Fiennes is a great M and I still like every scene of Bond and Q ... those 2 characters I am looking for in B25 and all their scenes in SP are just fine.

I will watch it until the Mr. White scenes are done or Bond leaves the clinic - since I can‘t fast-forward to L‘americain I will skip the rest.

I am looking forward to B25 fondly - I am sure it will be an entry I will like more for sure.
    RC7 wrote: »

Despite being a horrible idea that both perpetuates and exacerbates a narrative 99% are are troubled by, it makes zero sense. Why would MI6 have any interest in what is essentially a multiple homicide, albeit a gory one, involving the French foreign legion? Going down this route is purely shovelling s*** into your own face.

Very true. Make that very, very true!
    RC7 wrote: »

I do not at all own THAT idea. LOL
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883
    An interesting perspective on the Daniel Craig era with some desires for the future.

I'm sure many will vehemently disagree with the author's opinion and conclusions, but I must say his critique of SF reveals some interesting points which I don't think has been discussed before. As an example, Bond laying low on the beach and playing dead resulted in the bullet fragments in him not being tested earlier - something which could have saved countless lives if analyzed sooner.

His point about Waltz not being physically intimidating for Craig is something I alluded to a few pages back.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/43qp4d/daniel-craig-james-bond-boring
    bondjames wrote: »
    An interesting perspective on the Daniel Craig era with some desires for the future.

I'm sure many will vehemently disagree with the author's opinion and conclusions, but I must say his critique of SF reveals some interesting points which I don't think has been discussed before. As an example, Bond laying low on the beach and playing dead resulted in the bullet fragments in him not being tested earlier - something which could have saved countless lives if analyzed sooner.

His point about Waltz not being physically intimidating for Craig is something I alluded to a few pages back.

Interesting article with some very good points.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Nothing new about the SF matter. I pointed the same thing out months ago on this thread. ;)

I don’t like the aspect that he’s suggesting to leave out the sexiness of women just because he finds it misogynistic, though (is that even used accurately nowadays?). I think despite all these, Bond needs his ravishing Bond Girls around him. I have to say... with the rest, I do agree with him.
    Nothing new about the SF matter. I pointed the same thing out months ago on this thread. ;)

I don’t like the aspect that he’s suggesting to leave out the sexiness of women just because he finds it misogynistic, though (is that even used accurately nowadays?). I think despite all these, Bond needs his ravishing Bond Girls around him. I have to say... with the rest, I do agree with him.
    Oh, I completely agree @ClarkDevlin. Even though it's unlikely in a B25 with Craig, I hope we get at least one shot of a well formed female figure in a bikini, rather than a male in his blue swimwear (although we're probably up for that in the next one since they seem to do it once every other film with him).

I didn't realize you'd mentioned the bullet issue. Another negative on the SF logic train.

Oh, I completely agree @ClarkDevlin. Even though it's unlikely in a B25 with Craig, I hope we get at least one shot of a well formed female figure in a bikini, rather than a male in his blue swimwear (although we're probably up for that in the next one since they seem to do it once every other film with him).

I didn't realize you'd mentioned the bullet issue. Another negative on the SF logic train.
    I couldn’t agree more. I’d rather we have an eye catching Bond Girl in a lacy lingerie or a two piece bikini that you’d see on Sports Illustrated or Victoria’s Secret catalogs. Give me that over the “tortured soul Bond woman” that all of Craig’s leading ladies seem to play.

It wasn’t more the bullet but Bond playing dead and not going after Patrice immediately when he held on to a very serious hardware that could do global damage. But, I digress.

I couldn’t agree more. I’d rather we have an eye catching Bond Girl in a lacy lingerie or a two piece bikini that you’d see on Sports Illustrated or Victoria’s Secret catalogs. Give me that over the “tortured soul Bond woman” that all of Craig’s leading ladies seem to play.
    That's another thing MI-RN got right with Ilsa. She is a serious butt kicker but they didn't forget to showcase some well shaped leg at the Opera or an enticing exit in a bikini from her pool in Morocco. Great stuff!

That's another thing MI-RN got right with Ilsa. She is a serious butt kicker but they didn't forget to showcase some well shaped leg at the Opera or an enticing exit in a bikini from her pool in Morocco. Great stuff!
    Hear hear!

My eyes were about to fly like cork screws upon opening up a bottle of champagne whenever the film showed part of Rebecca Ferguson’s er... glamour. ;)
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 5,767
    Like some other points, this one goes to show how much the filmmakers screwed up their own vision. Vesper was meant to shape Bond, but as it turns out, he hasn´t learned anything, having become an old grumpy and again and again getting together with the wrong woman.

The second half of his assessment of SF is pretty solid, the first half incredibly ingnorant and dumb.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Like some other points, this one goes to show how much the filmmakers screwed up their own vision. Vesper was meant to shape Bond, but as it turns out, he hasn´t learned anything, having become an old grumpy and again and again getting together with the wrong woman.
    +1. Well stated.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I found the perfect car for Bond 25:

qMgCQi7.jpg
    That's solid, @DaltonCraig007! :D
    Haha. That's hilarious @DaltonCraig007.
    I found the perfect car for Bond 25:

qMgCQi7.jpg

Lol! That is just genius!!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Hear hear!

My eyes were about to fly like cork screws upon opening up a bottle of champagne whenever the film showed part of Rebecca Ferguson’s er... glamour. ;)

giphy.gif

Off topic but.....

You're welcome.

Rogue Nation also gets major brownie points for putting Ferguson into a motorcycle outfit. Women in those get-ups is a huge weakness of mine and she pulled it off, to say the least.

Hear hear!

giphy.gif

Off topic but.....

You're welcome.
    cfd.gif

Hear hear!

giphy.gif

Off topic but.....

You're welcome.

Rogue Nation also gets major brownie points for putting Ferguson into a motorcycle outfit. Women in those get-ups is a huge weakness of mine and she pulled it off, to say the least.

Future Bond girl, please!
    giphy.gif

Off topic but.....

You're welcome.

Quite lovely. Thanks for that.

I agree on the bike thing too. She nails it, and apparently will be back on one in the upcoming film, based on some of the leak photos I've seen.
    It's hard to beat the loveliness of this...

mission-impossible-rogue-nation-poster-rebecca-ferguson.jpg
    Such lovely lines...