No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @peter, I'm still not sure if I believe this story, but in general the leaks have been everywhere for quite some time. I noticed that when the NYT broke the DC story, they said the source was someone who could not be identified "to avoid conflicts with EON/MGM."

They need to "check their seals".
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 4,600
    "Excellent idea @patb. I agree that she could very well be a villain. It would fit in with standard Bond operating procedure from the old days too. "

cheers,

expanding on the idea (I need help with this) Swann did not meet Lucia in the movie, is it OK to assume they have never met? I like the idea of the audience learning of Lucia's status (perhaps as part of a PTS - receiving orders from Blofeld) and then her "undercover" meeting Swann so the audience are ahead of Swann. They could meet in a cafe and enjoy "girly banter" , shop for handbags or some other cliche with Swann having no idea the danger she was in. Good potential for tension. Bond could ask M to be Swanns "guardian angel" by monitoring CCTV feeds and updating him as he is away on business. Q recognises Lucia (digital face recognition) and sends the live feed to Bond's watch. Lucia is carrying a mobile phone blocking device so Bond cant reach her. Bond tries to work out why Lucia would bump into Swann at the shops and "the pennny drops". Not only does he realise Swann is in danger but also that Lucia set him up during "Spectre".

Bond races from his semi near location to the smaller town - a race against time, with the video feed on the dashboard. Traffic, level crossings etc delaying him and ratcheting up the tension (his sat nav giving a countdown to how close he is) whilst Swann chats to her new friend about jewellery etc

But its too late. Lucia kills Swann, and looks up at the CCTV camera, she knows/suspects Bond has been watching, calmly reapplying her lipstick and blowing a kiss to the camera. Bond and Q watch the murder live but helpless.

So we have a semi tribute to OHMSS in that Bond is in his car but he is denied the opportunuity of contact. In a digital/facebook age, he sees the murder of his loved one streamed live. A much colder version of death than offered to Lazemby's Bond. But, for the audience, less emotional as we have the rest of the movie to get through.

We then move on a couple of years as we dont want all the gubbins of another funeral etc so we see a "recovered" Bond.

So we have the first 15 mins or so and a set up with a decent, new villain, Swann out of the way, Bond on a mission and Blofeld nicely out of the way for 150 mins.

Comments?
  • RC7RC7
    I don't think its about "pedalling a sense of depression" so much as being honest and forthright about our thoughts. I'm not sure why only a positive appraisal is worth being voiced, or why we should have to sugarcoat everything. If EON get lazy, they get called out for it. This should be obvious, I don't know why we have to keep having this conversation. Why is it our collective enterprise to set about damage controlling when they mess up? Not everyone is here to cheerlead for EON.

Basically, in plain English, stop being a bunch of miserable bastards.

The reason this goes around in circles is because the same glass half empty gits keep pushing the same rhetoric of doom and gloom. Take a leaf out of @Shardlake's book. Someone who, I think it's fair to say, hates SP, but is still keeping an optimistic and open mind regard the next instalment. This discussion isn't about EON being lazy, it's about looking to what they can do, not what they have done, because at this juncture we know nothing. If they suddenly announce Bond turns gay, fill your boots.

In the main time how about showing even a slither of optimism, rather than the same tawdry, highfalutin nonsense about how bloody awful EON are.
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,883
    RC7 wrote: »
    People are discussing plot points for B25.

The only misery I've seen here today are people insulting other members in a veiled manner. If some are having a hard time perhaps it's time to take a break, or offer up some suggestions for B25 to counter the theories which they don't like. Maybe it will catch on, maybe it won't, but it's worth a try.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Same reason the Pierce Brosnan hate is still ongoing among the fandom.
    True,but that's not a dedicated website .

It is. It's called MI6 Community.
    Closest thing to it, yes.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @patb, love Lucia being a Sp operative-- and blowing a kiss to Bond = salt in wounds evilness!
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I don't think its about "pedalling a sense of depression" so much as being honest and forthright about our thoughts. I'm not sure why only a positive appraisal is worth being voiced, or why we should have to sugarcoat everything. If EON get lazy, they get called out for it. This should be obvious, I don't know why we have to keep having this conversation. Why is it our collective enterprise to set about damage controlling when they mess up? Not everyone is here to cheerlead for EON.

The reason this goes around in circles is because the same glass half empty gits keep pushing the same rhetoric of doom and gloom. Take a leaf out of @Shardlake's book. Someone who, I think it's fair to say, hates SP, but is still keeping an optimistic and open mind regard the next instalment. This discussion isn't about EON being lazy, it's about looking to what they can do, not what they have done, because at this juncture we know nothing. If they suddenly announce Bond turns gay, fill your boots.

In the main time how about showing even a slither of optimism, rather than the same tawdry, highfalutin nonsense about how bloody awful EON are.

"Fee-fi-fo-fum, i smell the blood of an ungrateful bunch of bar-steds"
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »

The only misery I've seen here today are people insulting other members in a veiled manner. If some are having a hard time perhaps it's time to take a break, or offer up some suggestions for B25 to counter the theories which they don't like. Maybe it will catch on, maybe it won't, but it's worth a try.

You keep telling yourself that, mate. It's clear to me what people's agendas are. I'll leave it there, though. It is a fruitless exercise and I should know better.
    DCisared wrote: »

Hahaha I love Partridge,when he slags off working in London.

I know EXACTLY how he feels after 29 years of commuting,believe me !!

You keep telling yourself that, mate. It's clear to me what people's agendas are. I'll leave it there, though. It is a fruitless exercise and I should know better.
    I honestly don't know what you want people to do here. We can't regulate how folks think or what they feel. That is the nature of a democratic forum. When there are enough reasons to be elated and enthusiastic, people will act that way. When there isn't, people won't. It's as simple as that.

The moods shift here from day to day anyway. It's never all in one direction and those who feel that way need to take a break imho.
    Dennison wrote: »
    People on here are starting to sound like the people who run the Daniel Craig Is Not Bond website with all this negativity

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/blog/2017/08/26/fans-of-mediocrity-rejoice/
    No, they don't seem like that at all.

What people are doing here is discussing their wishes for B25, which is quite different from that website.
    patb wrote: »
    If you look at all of her scenes (both), they are very dark and she is dressed in black. We assume of course it's linked with the funeral but we could see he in the next movie and she is still dressed in black. Like a very sexy, middle aged goth!! All the best female bad guys have to have sex appeal as part of the arsenal IMHO as it's one of Bond's weaknesses and the fact they "have history" from Spectre would make their relationship interesting IMHO.

She was also stupidly underused and some said she was too mature but not too mature to be a Spectre agent as she needs that maturity and gravitas to make a believable top Spectre agent.

It also fits in with the time line and IF she was responsible for killing Swann (we have the female jealousy /bitchiness coming in - this worked well with Fatima Blush) plus we also make use of the age difference as she is painfully aware that her beauty is fading (as is DC's so the passing of time can be a sublimial theme) and that Swann is younger and Bond's choice.

So you have the external motivation that she has been order to sort out Bond/Swann from Blofeld but you have the inner personal motivation already set up within the last movie.
    Excellent idea @patb. I agree that she could very well be a villain. It would fit in with standard Bond operating procedure from the old days too.

Sorry, but if you read the link they're talking about Bond 25 on there, which is what I was referring to - please look before you leap.
  • RC7RC7
    DCisared wrote: »

Lovely stuff!

Fail to see any insults in recent posts either. Don't stir a pot when it has no need of stirring.
    People on here are starting to sound like the people who run the Daniel Craig Is Not Bond website with all this negativity

http://danielcraigisnotbond.com/index/blog/2017/08/26/fans-of-mediocrity-rejoice/

What people are doing here is discussing their wishes for B25, which is quite different from that website.
    If you look at all of her scenes (both), they are very dark and she is dressed in black. We assume of course it's linked with the funeral but we could see he in the next movie and she is still dressed in black. Like a very sexy, middle aged goth!! All the best female bad guys have to have sex appeal as part of the arsenal IMHO as it's one of Bond's weaknesses and the fact they "have history" from Spectre would make their relationship interesting IMHO.

She was also stupidly underused and some said she was too mature but not too mature to be a Spectre agent as she needs that maturity and gravitas to make a believable top Spectre agent.

It also fits in with the time line and IF she was responsible for killing Swann (we have the female jealousy /bitchiness coming in - this worked well with Fatima Blush) plus we also make use of the age difference as she is painfully aware that her beauty is fading (as is DC's so the passing of time can be a sublimial theme) and that Swann is younger and Bond's choice.

So you have the external motivation that she has been order to sort out Bond/Swann from Blofeld but you have the inner personal motivation already set up within the last movie.
    Excellent idea @patb. I agree that she could very well be a villain. It would fit in with standard Bond operating procedure from the old days too.

Sorry, but if you read the link they're talking about Bond 25 on there, which is what I was referring to - please look before you leap.
    Sorry, but you said people here were being negative and then referenced a website which has "Daniel Craig is not Bond" in its title. It's clear what kind of comparison you were trying to make, and I believe it's unfair. Participate in the discussion or don't, but stop trying to cast people here with negative aspersions. Some can be forgiven for thinking you were being insulting.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

Fail to see any insults in recent posts either. Don't stir a pot when it has no need of stirring.

There have been, deleted now by the mods.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 1,031

Sorry, but you said people here were being negative and then referenced a website which has "Daniel Craig is not Bond" in its title. It's clear what kind of comparison you were trying to make, and I believe it's unfair. Participate in the discussion or don't, but stop trying to cast people here with negative aspersions. Some can be forgiven for thinking you were being insulting.

I was comparing with their thoughts on that website about Bond 25 - hence why I included the link!!!!

I'm not casting negative aspersions on anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I'm not allowed opinion, maybe I should go on a different Bond forum? Bit ridiculous to think I was insulting anyone to be frank.

There have been, deleted now by the mods.

OK
  • RC7RC7

I was comparing with their thoughts on that website about Bond 25 - hence why I included the link!!!!

It's very clear to everyone what you were doing, so don't worry about it.

And that is?
  • RC7 wrote: »

Agendas? You know that there are pills against these syndromes?

I'm not casting negative aspersions on anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good. I'm glad to hear it. Sorry I misunderstood your intentions. Now let's move on to the discussion in hand.
    --

@patb, I'm not sure if I like the idea of the two ladies shopping together. A bit pedestrian imho. Moreover, isn't Lucia under some kind of witness protection program given Spectre has her in their sights?

I like the idea of Bond suspecting her duplicity via some sudden impression, like he did Mathis in CR. Perhaps he can even reference his mistake there as he reveals his suspicions to Felix, because he's doubting himself.
    Wow!!! Apparently I've done wrong for linking to a website that talks about Bond 25! On the Bond 25 thread! Crikey this forum is terrible!
  • RC7RC7

And that is?

You were making a very viable comparison. There are posters on here who share the same outlook as those over on DCINB.

And that is?

You were making a very viable comparison. There are posters on here who share the same outlook as those over on DCINB.

I was merely comparing the negativity between the two - which is a fact. THe link in question was negative about Bond 25 as are some posters on here. These two things are very comparable as both are being negative about Bond 25. Merely pointing that out - don't understand why that would cause such consternation - bit confused to be honest.
    Surely there are just as many Brosnan haters here too? Same goes for Dalton haters?

Moore is being spared only because he passed this year. Otherwise there were a few who used to blast him at every opportunity as well.

Only King Sean and Laz (because he only did one) are generally spared.
    Surely there are just as many Brosnan haters here too? Same goes for Dalton haters?

Moore is being spared only because he passed this year. Otherwise there were a few who used to blast him at every opportunity as well.

Well I like them all.
  • RC7RC7
    edited September 2017 Posts: 10,512

And that is?

I was merely comparing the negativity between the two - which is a fact. THe link in question was negative about Bond 25 as are some posters on here. These two things are very comparable as both are being negative about Bond 25. Merely pointing that out - don't understand why that would cause such consternation - bit confused to be honest.

Mate, I completely agree with you. The old Doom Squad don't like having their cages rattled. Nothing to worry about, it was a sound comparison.

Well I like them all.

Ditto.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 4,600
    "Moreover, isn't Lucia under some kind of witness protection program given Spectre has her in their sights?"

No, that was a set up. (in my story) Bond/MI6 fell for the story of Lucia being a witness/whistleblower. The plan made the info seem real to Bond but it was a setup so Bond would attend the meeting and. ultimately, be drawn to Blofelds lair ("the author of ALL your pain" - it was a set up)
    What hard evidence did Bond get (and the audience) that she was a genuine witness?
  • RC7RC7
    "Moreover, isn't Lucia under some kind of witness protection program given Spectre has her in their sights?"

No, that was a set up. (in my story) Bond/MI6 fell for the story of Lucia being a witness/whistleblower. What hard evidence did Bond get (and the audience) that she was a genuine witness?

Do you not think it would be a more prudent/positive step forward to shed as many links to SP as possible? We've all accepted it didn't resonate as favourably as it's predecessor, so I wonder if the fewer characters that carry over, the better. Feels to me like they need a feeling of freshness, not unlike the SF opener four years after QoS.

No, that was a set up. (in my story) Bond/MI6 fell for the story of Lucia being a witness/whistleblower. The plan made the info seem real to Bond but it ws a setup so Bond would attend the meeting and. ultimately, be drawn to Blofelds lair ("the author of ALL your pain" - it was a set up)
    What hard evidence did Bond get (and the audience) that she was a genuine witness?
    Well they knew she was a target (as evidenced by the two assassins who Bond killed). So I presume that MI6 would try to keep her safe. She's also someone who could testify against Spectre (and perhaps Blofeld). I'd imagine they'd try to keep her safe until the trial at least.