The James Bond Wardrobe/Style Thread

Comments

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    edited February 2015 Posts: 1,208
    We know that Scott will wear Burberry and that Bond will wear Tom Ford.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what Monica will be wearing?

I agree with @DrShatterhand that Waltz will wear something like that. If not that, I hope he doesn't wear anything similar to Craig's wear.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    aaron819 wrote: »

I agree with @DrShatterhand that Waltz will wear something like that. If not that, I hope he doesn't wear anything similar to Craig's wear.

Bellucci is the face of D & G no? :-/
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    chipsticks wrote: »

I think so

• leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    chipsticks wrote: »

I think so
    I thought so too but she wore Azzedine Alaïa at the BAFTAs.

and Léa is the (Candy) Prada babe
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,552
    Ludovico wrote: »
    JCRendle wrote: »
    I'm thinking expensive suits, finely tailored. Possibly a different tailor than Bond's Tom Ford. Possibly Kilgour, Richard James, Bernard Weatherill or Huntsman - Have him be the antithesis to Bond - exquisite tastes, love of the best of food, drink etc, perfectly aged single malt Scotch Whiskeys, fine wines etc.

If Waltz is to play the villain, have him play a classy gentleman villain.

If Waltz is Blofeld, shouldn't he be somewhat of a puritan? I would have him avoid alcohol altogether.
    If - He could still be just Franz Oberhauser - The head of SPECTRE or Number 2 etc, without being ESB (For all we know, Bond 25 could be ESB overthrowing FO)
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 14,830
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I'm thinking expensive suits, finely tailored. Possibly a different tailor than Bond's Tom Ford. Possibly Kilgour, Richard James, Bernard Weatherill or Huntsman - Have him be the antithesis to Bond - exquisite tastes, love of the best of food, drink etc, perfectly aged single malt Scotch Whiskeys, fine wines etc.

If Waltz is Blofeld, shouldn't he be somewhat of a puritan? I would have him avoid alcohol altogether.
    If - He could still be just Franz Oberhauser - The head of SPECTRE or Number 2 etc, without being ESB (For all we know, Bond 25 could be ESB overthrowing FO)

That is why I said IF.

I still think Christoph Waltz is the most likely candidate for Blofeld. He is the one fitting the bill the most anyway. That does not mean he will be of course.
    Sorry @Ludovico, I just meant that, when I wrote the description, I didn't have Blofeld in mind, just a gentleman villain played by an extremely skilled actor.
    Anyhow, it shouldn´t matter wether he´s Blofeld or not. The film should have well-clad characters. Or something exotic and bizzarre.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 14,830
    Sorry @Ludovico, I just meant that, when I wrote the description, I didn't have Blofeld in mind, just a gentleman villain played by an extremely skilled actor.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound aggressive.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Anyhow, it shouldn´t matter wether he´s Blofeld or not. The film should have well-clad characters. Or something exotic and bizzarre.

Absolutely. And Waltz should wear something that makes him stand out. Especially if he is the villain, as I suspect he is.
  • JCRendle wrote: »

That's my thinking too. If Waltz is playing Blofeld I can see them going down the route of him thinking that he's superior to Bond and that includes his attire.

Huntsman would be just right, I can see Waltz in something like this

TK6A8587-lowres.jpg

I could endorse Huntsman for Blofeld/Waltz wardrobe but the perfect tailor for Blofeld would be Joe Morgan at 'Chittelborough & Morgan'.
    This custodian of the Nutter aesthetic would be able to create the perfect silhouette. Very sharp, slightly dandified without being over the top and would be the perfect foil to a hopefully more rugged and relaxed Bond.
    In terms of cloths, it would be great to see Blofeld in velvet and more gentrified fabrics.

I'd like Blofeld to be either dressed very soberly or overly elegant.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    edited February 2015 Posts: 805
    Villiers53 wrote: »

I could endorse Huntsman for Blofeld/Waltz wardrobe but the perfect tailor for Blofeld would be Joe Morgan at 'Chittelborough & Morgan'.
    This custodian of the Nutter aesthetic would be able to create the perfect silhouette. Very sharp, slightly dandified without being over the top and would be the perfect foil to a hopefully more rugged and relaxed Bond.
    In terms of cloths, it would be great to see Blofeld in velvet and more gentrified fabrics.

Great insight there @Villiers53. If EON does indeed go down the 'slighty dandified' route for Waltz 's character then that choice of tailor looks absolutely spot on.

There are several good item on C&M's instagram/tumblr right now that would fit that very well.

Michael Browne does dandified very well.
    Suit making an appearance. Not enough to see how it fits yet though.

1ne4Mom.jpg
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    25CD52FA00000578-2958733-Dapper_gent_Daniel_looked_seriously_suave_in_a_pin_stripe_suit_w-m-46_1424275606568.jpg
    Much better from the perspective of not being three sizes too small. Looks like it's actually too big. Shoulders could come in a half inch or so and sleeves are long. Great fabric though.

I really like the houndstooth pocket square, I have an identical one.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Looks like an Omega Planet Ocean
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Looks like an Omega Planet Ocean

Possibly, but the lugs look long and straight and not twisted like a PO. It could be a variant of the 300m on a nato strap (I think there's no bracelet in that photo). I can't see a date either.
    Really nice suit.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    Do we think this is a just a photocall suit for Craig or will it be worn by Bond? Hmmm...

Do we think this is a just a photocall suit for Craig or will it be worn by Bond? Hmmm...

A good question. With the suit budgets usually pretty well looked after I'd say Bond would wear it, but who knows.
    757094belluccicraigroma.jpgI must say the one thing I'm not happy with so far is the trouser hem. I noticed that in SF as well. I realize it is probably fashionable today, but I prefer a little more width to the hem, rather than this tight, jean style look which I see a lot these days. I don't find it classic and don't think it will age well.

I didn't see it being overly tight. Wearing a chukka boot is going to make it look a little worse than it really is.
    I guess it's just my taste. I'm not much of a jeans person either. I just prefer a more relaxed fit to the pant (without it being too baggy).
    In SF, the trouser hem looked to me like 60s London, but I´m not sure if that´s really fitting for 007.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    In SF and apparently in SP Bond has been favoring point collars over spread. Personally I've always preferred the latter, and in my memory Bond usually has too.

I'm a bit surprised to see Craig sporting cuffs. Are cuffs coming back? I'd seen very few people wearing them for quite a while.

At least this suit isn't as tight as in SF.

Monica looks great, especially for being 50+.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    I gotta say that I cannot wait to see Léa and Monica in their pretty gowns/dresses doing promo for SPECTRE :-bd
    Sark wrote: »
    In SF and apparently in SP Bond has been favoring point collars over spread. Personally I've always preferred the latter, and in my memory Bond usually has too.

I'm a bit surprised to see Craig sporting cuffs. Are cuffs coming back? I'd seen very few people wearing them for quite a while.

At least this suit isn't as tight as in SF.

Monica looks great, especially for being 50+.

I think it's been mostly semi-spread collars from T&A. Rog may have worn some points though, I'd have to go look.

Cuffs are plenty ubiquitous on bespoke suits, they never really went away like OTR stuff. Though I'm not sure it make a lot of difference one way or another. Would be curious to see if he went plain front/cuff or pleats, but it's covered up.
    He was wearing tab collar for a lot of SF, which surprised me.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Anyone know the brand of the ribbed gilet he wears in the first official photo? It's a cool look.