The James Bond Wardrobe/Style Thread

Comments

• SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    I really like Tamine's Craig style. It fits in the modern age, today that thight type of style is what you get in the stores, what you see in the streets, what young people wants to see by a stylish man
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    edited January 2015 Posts: 805
    As we know the locations being used in Spectre, any views on what we'd like to see Bond dressed in there? From the set photos looks like it'll be Canada Goose in Austria but what about the rest? I'm thinking a nice linen suit perhaps for Morocco?
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Probably, and I also think there could be a nice suit in Rome.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I think a film like the kingsman: a secret service vehemently reinforces why Bond should always be wonderfully suited and not go the uncouth, generic route of wearing more "casual/appropriate for action" clothing. Bond is first and foremost an English gentleman spy and as such, gorgeous suits are a prerequisite.

Anyway, Colin Firth looks amazing in his Savile Row suits in the Kingsman movie and I'll leave you with this link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2910461/Colin-Firth-looks-dapper-Saville-Row-suit-joined-beautiful-wife-Livia-Kingsman-Secret-Service-world-premiere.html

And him in action; suited and booted

EoN/Mendes/Costume department...take notes

Amazing that a regular newspaper can misspell Savile Row in it's reporting on Savile Row, lol.

Huntsman did a bunch of live blogging during the premier yesterday, a lot of the movie was shot there.
    I really like Tamine's Craig style. It fits in the modern age, today that thight type of style is what you get in the stores, what you see in the streets, what young people wants to see by a stylish man

It's what the average bloke would get in Nordstroms or M&S, but it's not what the style leaders are doing, and especially not what Bond would be in. Style is already trending away from ridiculous lapels and skinny ties. A well balanced bespoke suit would be really true to Bond's character.
    As we know the locations being used in Spectre, any views on what we'd like to see Bond dressed in there? From the set photos looks like it'll be Grey Goose in Austria but what about the rest? I'm thinking a nice linen suit perhaps for Morocco?

A linen suit in a nice sand/cream color would be perfect I think, pale blue shirt to accompany.
  • doubleoego wrote: »

Anyway, Colin Firth looks amazing in his Savile Row suits in the Kingsman movie and I'll leave you with this link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2910461/Colin-Firth-looks-dapper-Saville-Row-suit-joined-beautiful-wife-Livia-Kingsman-Secret-Service-world-premiere.html

And him in action; suited and booted

EoN/Mendes/Costume department...take notes

Thank God we're going to have one secret agent that can keep his sartorial end up - so to speak!
    Take note 007.
  • doghouse wrote: »

It's what the average bloke would get in Nordstroms or M&S, but it's not what the style leaders are doing, and especially not what Bond would be in. Style is already trending away from ridiculous lapels and skinny ties. A well balanced bespoke suit would be really true to Bond's character.

Absolutely this 'Honey I Shrunk The Kids' stuff is for the birds — once you see game show hosts and Pierce Morgan sporting stuff, it's time to give it a wide berth.
    The cognoscenti never moved out of man sized lapels and 7-fold ties.
    Fashion never — style forever!
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    edited January 2015 Posts: 805
    As we know the locations being used in Spectre, any views on what we'd like to see Bond dressed in there? From the set photos looks like it'll be Canada Goose in Austria but what about the rest? I'm thinking a nice linen suit perhaps for Morocco?
    I obviously meant Canada Goose not Grey.. I clearly need a stiff drink lol
    @doghouse A linen suit in a nice sand/cream color would be perfect I think, pale blue shirt to accompany.

Definitely agree with that colour combo, that's my 'go to' smart summer attire.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Daniel Craig was seen wearing all black while filming an action sequence in Obertilliach this morning.
    jbbr_spectre_obertilliach_150115_foto_daniel_raunig_003.jpg
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Interesting. Looks like he's got his "spy" attire on.

And I noticed that's certainly not a PPK in his hand. Looks more like a P99, PPQ, or some variant.
  • Interesting. Looks like he's got his "spy" attire on.

And I noticed that's certainly not a PPK in his hand. Looks more like a P99, PPQ, or some variant.

For sartorial reasons, I think he should go back to the Berreta .25 or its modern day equivalent, the Berreta Nano. Anything larger is going to be difficult for his tailor!

Interesting. Looks like he's got his "spy" attire on.

I think it was a P99?
    Villiers53 wrote: »

For sartorial reasons, I think he should go back to the Berreta .25 or its modern day equivalent, the Berreta Nano. Anything larger is going to be difficult for his tailor!

The PPK is a pretty dainty gun. Should be no issue to get around that. I've seen SIG229's hidden easily, and they are way bigger. I'm torn on this, as the Beretta is a more classic option to be sure, but the PPK is so iconic in Bond at this point.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited January 2015 Posts: 2,138
    jake24 wrote: »
    Daniel Craig was seen wearing all black while filming an action sequence in Obertilliach this morning.

Possible spoiler below regarding the image.
    Before this images, was a series of images showing Dan in the crashed plane, I am thinking these scenes are PTS, Bond in the field carrying out a mission like how some of the older films started like Goldeneye etc
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Before this images, was a series of images showing Dan in the crashed plane, I am thinking these scenes are PTS, Bond in the field carrying out a mission like how some of the older films started like Goldeneye etc
    That would make sense, however I believe it's been confirmed that the PTS will take place in Mexico City, not Austria. Plus, the clapperboard photo from Lake Altausee revealed that they were filming scene 65, an equivalent to the shanghai scenes in Skyfall.
    Pretty quiet on the style front. Hopefully we get some set pictures with some non action duds to sink our teeth into soon.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's coming. Patience. Plenty to talk about soon....
    Looking forward to reading your comments guys.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland

That would make sense, however I believe it's been confirmed that the PTS will take place in Mexico City, not Austria. Plus, the clapperboard photo from Lake Altausee revealed that they were filming scene 65, an equivalent to the shanghai scenes in Skyfall.

Great work!
  • Kingsman:The Secret Service certainly gives Bond a run for his money in the sartorial stakes. The clothes are extremely elegant and Colin Firth wears some beautiful suits.
    They have also launched a very interesting merchandise collection in conjunction with Mr.Porter to give people the 'Kingsman look' - quite a novel idea.
    The movie isn't bad either. It has a very '70s camp feel to it.
    The movie is just so damn goofy I can't get into it. The still shots of the suits are nice though.
    Looks like some nice Deakins & Francis stuff in Kingsman though.

B8hs1tbIYAIA6qI.jpg
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 372
    I know SPECTRE is not going to include an aquatic theme, but I hope they put Bond in a costume that shows off his naval rank next time.
    Bond working with his old SBS unit may be an interesting plot idea, having him decked out in their uniform.
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Bond working with his old SBS unit may be an interesting plot idea, having him decked out in their uniform.

I agree, that would be very interesting!

I just hope it wouldn't make for more over tight tailoring - a frogman's suit by Tom Ford!

doghouse wrote: »

I just hope it wouldn't make for more over tight tailoring - a frogman's suit by Tom Ford!
    I'm confident they'd go to a military expert like Gieves for that so I think we would be safe.
    doghouse wrote: »

I'm confident they'd go to a military expert like Gieves for that so I think we would be safe.
    Thank God!

What do we all think about Bond's unusual glasses as shown in the first official SPECTRE still?

FIRST-LOOK_post.jpg

I think it might be some type of gadget from Q Branch. They remind me a lot of the glasses Roger Moore sported in AVTAK.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly

:-O

The new SPECTRE image released today has definite shades of On Her Majesty’s Secret Service imo

99984e069031e7d63ed0904c232b5d79.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Dan looks like he's ready to go Jet Skiing based on his glasses.