The James Bond Wardrobe/Style Thread

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    These glasses are more about function rather than fashion. With that said, they're pretty cool.
  • RC7RC7
    talos7 wrote: »
    These glasses are more about function rather than fashion. With that said, they're pretty cool.

Yeah, I personally think they look awesome. My only reservation, and I'm nitpicking with this, is that I hope we get enough truly original stuff over the coming months. Even my less clued up friends are saying 'It's very OHMSS'. I don't want it to evoke too many other films, I want it to be SPECTRE.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    RC7 wrote: »
    My only reservation, and I'm nitpicking with this, is that I hope we get enough truly original stuff over the coming months. Even my less clued up friends are saying 'It's very OHMSS'. I don't want it to evoke too many other films, I want it to be SPECTRE.

That's a very good point. We've been getting quite a few references to OHMSS lately. I've enjoyed them to date, and we know Mendes likes his homages (DB5 anyone?) but let's make some new timeless memories!

bondjames wrote: »
    My only reservation, and I'm nitpicking with this, is that I hope we get enough truly original stuff over the coming months. Even my less clued up friends are saying 'It's very OHMSS'. I don't want it to evoke too many other films, I want it to be SPECTRE.

That's a very good point. We've been getting quite a few references to OHMSS lately. I've enjoyed them to date, and we know Mendes likes his homages (DB5 anyone?) but let's make some new timeless memories!
    I dare say those goggles evoke OHMSS only because it was in those years that similar goggles were rather common.
    Apart from that, it is obvious that some enthusiasts jump on every opportunity to compare SP with OHMSS simply because there is alpine snow. Even ignoring the possible comparison with TWINE (to avoid the bad omen) there were some pretty impressive snow bits in TSHLM and FYEO, which both didn´t evoke OHMSS in my book.

tumblr_kugf95XVXN1qzvqipo1_500.jpg
  • I am a little worried that they may have had Daniel doing some welding!
    Seriously, 007's snow suit looks cool.
    doghouse wrote: »
    tumblr_kugf95XVXN1qzvqipo1_500.jpg
    That´s what I was thinking of :)) .
  • RC7RC7
    edited February 2015 Posts: 10,512
    boldfinger wrote: »

I dare say those goggles evoke OHMSS only because it was in those years that similar goggles were rather common.
    Apart from that, it is obvious that some enthusiasts jump on every opportunity to compare SP with OHMSS simply because there is alpine snow. Even ignoring the possible comparison with TWINE (to avoid the bad omen) there were some pretty impressive snow bits in TSHLM and FYEO, which both didn´t evoke OHMSS in my book.

It's the
    mountain top clinic
    that is the key comparison in my book. Not the terrain.
    @RC you may want to edit you spoiler tag...

IMO it is reminiscent of FRWL, TB and OHMSS. Which of course makes perfect sense.
    It's the
    mountain top clinic
    that is the key comparison in my book. Not the terrain.
    Oh, I had completely forgotten about that!

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    You can see this is written by Pervis and Wade, the picture remember more to Die Another Day.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    You can see this is written by Pervis and Wade, the picture remember more to Die Another Day.
    What do you mean?

• DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    I wonder if those awful goggles aren't a stylistic choice but more for film making reasons. They should make it a lot easier for the stunt double to be passed off as Craig without any post-production trickery. They probably want to avoid having to digitally 'stitch' Craig's face on, like in the motorcycle scene in SF. Because we all know how that worked out... :P
    Should we use this thread for other characters or start a new one?
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Or just change the title of the thread to just "Wardrobe/Style in SPECTRE" - People will want to talk about Lea Seydoux and Monica Bellucci's outfits when we see more - as well as whether Franz Oberhauser will be wearing a grey Nehru jacket or not ;)
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Or just change the title of the thread to just "Wardrobe/Style in SPECTRE" - People will want to talk about Lea Seydoux and Monica Bellucci's outfits when we see more - as well as whether Franz Oberhauser will be wearing a grey Nehru jacket or not ;)

I agree with @JCRendle

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Does anyone have any thoughts on what Craig will wear in the Rome scenes
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    You guys are free to talk about any character in SPECTRE. I'll change the title when I get a chance.
    So, Léa Seydoux's outfit has a very old school feel to it:-
    bond-spectre2_3196627c.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I hope I'm not offending anyone here with my un-PC comment, but this girl is a real babe imo. I'm really looking forward to SP.

I really cannot wait to see what Christoph Waltz will wear.
    I hope I'm not offending anyone here with my un-PC comment, but this girl is a real babe imo. I'm really looking forward to SP.
    As was just discussed in another thread, James Bond films shouldn´t be PC B-) .
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,552
    I'm thinking expensive suits, finely tailored. Possibly a different tailor than Bond's Tom Ford. Possibly Kilgour, Richard James, Bernard Weatherill or Huntsman - Have him be the antithesis to Bond - exquisite tastes, love of the best of food, drink etc, perfectly aged single malt Scotch Whiskeys, fine wines etc.

If Waltz is to play the villain, have him play a classy gentleman villain.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    edited February 2015 Posts: 805
    I'm thinking expensive suits, finely tailored. Possibly a different tailor than Bond's Tom Ford. Possibly Kilgour, Richard James, Bernard Weatherill or Huntsman - Have him be the antithesis to Bond - exquisite tastes, love of the best of food, drink etc, perfectly aged single malt Scotch Whiskeys, fine wines etc.

That's my thinking too. If Waltz is playing Blofeld I can see them going down the route of him thinking that he's superior to Bond and that includes his attire.

Huntsman would be just right, I can see Waltz in something like this

TK6A8587-lowres.jpg

If Waltz is Blofeld, shouldn't he be somewhat of a puritan? I would have him avoid alcohol altogether. I do agree his clothes need to be from a different tailor, or looking different than Bond's.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    edited February 2015 Posts: 560
    this came to mind =))

20080729-depp.jpg
    chipsticks wrote: »
    this came to mind =))

20080729-depp.jpg

Quid?
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    ^^^ Willy Wonka
    I know it is Willy Wonka. I sure hope Waltz won't be dressed like this.