Mr. Hinx - discussion

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Bautista should end up being a truly great threat and with Olivier Schnieder choreographing tge fights I'm expecting brutal confrontations between Bond and Hinx.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    Has anyone considered that Mr.Hinx could actually be Blofeld?
    The character as originally written by Fleming was a physically massive man, standing 6 foot 3 and weighing 300 pounds.
    It's not then inconceivable that Dave Bautista could be Blofeld.

The guy was cast for his size, obviously. He can probably get through the role (of henchman) by mumbling and looking imposing. But so far as being Blofeld, EON and Mendes are seasoned enough, and their other selections are proof enough, to show us that they appreciate quality actors and actresses. Whoever plays Blofeld is going to have to be a real actor, who can carry such a role with conviction, subtlety and skill. Someone who can match Craig's level of acting ability, or the whole thing will tank.

There is no way in Hell that they are trusting that walking cartoon with the weight of the premiere villain in any film, much less that of Bond's signature nemesis.

Agreed. That's why I feel Fiennes is wasted as M. He'd be a perfect match/nemesis for Craig. I'm not saying it's him. Just that they need someone like Fiennes for Blofeld. I repeat again as I've said on other threads - 100% sure it is not going to be Waltz - that's a red herring. They're keeping Blofeld close to the chest, but he's already been cast.
    Bah, Fiennes is great and all and would make an excellent villain but his casting as M serves a more poignant purpose. He definitely more than fills the void as left by Dench.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 1,021
    Have not seen anything that Dave Bautista has been in so I can't comment on his acting skills. Not a fan of wrestling either. Surprised they went with a wrestler turned actor for the role but I guess as long as he is just the henchman and nothing more then I guess its fine. Not a big fan of the name Mr Hinx but who knows they might change that during the production. No way is he Blofeld or the main villain when they have 2 time Academy Award winner Christoph Waltz in the film. Hopefully he will just wear suits like JAWS and look menancing like that. Maybe an arm made out of a machine gun or something like that could be cool.. ;-)
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,622
    I do believe Hinx is being cast in the Jaws and Oddjob super-henchman tradition. Bond couldn't actually engage either OJ or Jaws in physical combat. They were virtually indestructible. Bond had to use his wits to best these hulks.
    Gobinda was another of this ilk, although Bond only had to face him on top of a plane or train, where the moving conveyance evened the fighting field.
    No chance Hinx morphs into Blofeld. Even less chance of M becoming Blofeld. Fiennes is cast in the Bernard Lee-Messervy mold. His Mi6 credentials are rock solid.

I do believe Franz Oberhauser will be revealed as Uncle Ernst. This has been leaked publicly. All the well publicized leaks from the last two films have been proved true.
    I think Eon ideally wanted to hide Waltz-Oberhauser as Blofeld, but too late, cat's out of the bag.

Realistically though, there is no way to hide such a thing anyway, so playing with the mystery is the next best thing - gets people talking, and creates a buzz around the film, but I personally think Oberhauser jr as Blofeld is a lock, just as Eve turned out to be MP.

I really hope Eon doesn't mess with the Fleming continuity regarding Oberhause Sr, Hans. He was a father figure to Bond, ski instructor, who was later murdered by the vile Dexter Smythe, to cover up his gold theft.
    If they choose to expand on the story, to somehow work in Jr ( who is their creation), that's wide open and acceptable. I am a little worried though, they might play with the story. I hope Babs is up to keeping the core Fleming narrative intact.
    Its one thing to re-invent Milton Krest in LTK but the Oberhauser- Smythe story, is what it is. The story carries heft in the Bond lit world. I don't think it should be altered, but we shall see.

The big question I think, is what event in Bond's past (most lilely tied to the Oberhauser Sr. murder) causes him to discover Spectre, later to be revealed as led by Jr. Oberhauser.

Who it is that Hinx works for, is a mystery too at this point. Ultimately I'm sure its Blofeld. Possibly, Blofeld is revealed unseen initially, much like he was in FRWL and TB.
    We never actualy saw Blofeld first time around, until Bond directly confronted him in YOLT.
    Maybe the Blofeld reveal will be done the same way in SP.
  • What I'm wondering is, will Mr. Hinx have any dialogue or will he be in the same vein as Oddjob, Jaws and even Patrice in Skyfall?
  • Does the character he play in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY speak? I haven't seen the film. If he doesn't speak then maybe he will also play the silent henchman in SP
  • His character in Guardians does speak. And his few lines are pretty well delivered. I just think as Mr. Hinx he would probably be more intimidating if he doesn't speak.
    I think he should speak, especially when interacting with his employer but his dialogue exchange with Bond should be kept at a minimum.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 267
    Eon would not risk casting James Bond's arch-nemesis with an actor with not much experience in not just screen acting but acting in general. Although I think Bautista will be good in Spectre, I don't think he could pull of Blofeld.
    Lol agreed, Bautista is NOT playing Blofeld.
    Mr. Hinx won't turn out to be Blofeld but what if he is more than just a henchman? What if he is a senior member of Spectre?
  • I like the name mr. hinx a lot. People complain about it being too similar to jinx or whatever, but honestly i'm not complaining about something that allows us to forget about that move.
    In the original Swedish "The Girl who Played with Fire" there is a blond brute who goes after Lizbeth Salander. He was quite chilling (I was on edge in the theatre).

I'd like Hinx to go after Seydoux' character. I think that would make him a little scarier. Bond could be in the role of saviour.
    Mr. Hinx won't turn out to be Blofeld but what if he is more than just a henchman? What if he is a senior member of Spectre?

I think it is unlikely. I'm sure Bautista is good in specific roles, but he's a rather limited actor.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I agree, I don't expect him to be the next Daniel Day Lewis, but so long
    As he can say a line and not bump into the furniture, I'm happy. :))
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    But I'm talking about his non-wrestling interviews, backstage stories,his book and other people's books. He's got a horrible reputation. He's not even a good dude. He cheated on his wife constantly with trashy strippers while his wife was battling cancer.

Ask any wrestling fan and they'll tell you Bautista (or Batista) is an ego maniac with delusions of grandure. Just trust me on this one.

It sounds like you're saying he's perfect for the role of SPECTRE henchman ;)

I agree with the consensus on the name. EON had better have a damn good reason for it. "Hinx" doesn't mean anything I'm aware apart from some place in the boring part of France.
  • talos7 wrote: »

For this article to even suggest Batista is anywhere close to same level as Dwayne Johnson in terms of star power is just a joke.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    The only concern i have over him? Is surely they could have come up with a better name than Mr Hinx?

Sounds like "Jinx" acts like "Mr. Kil" Lets hope that we do not get any such crap but a real good henchman who can give Craig's Bond a good fight.
    We have seen Craig fight many times but never has he squared off with a badass henchman. I think Mr. Hinx is gonna be all that and then some.
    Bring it on
    Hinx is not the greatest name, but it is far from the worst. It would have fitted better a leaner man. But hey, I am glad we have a brutish henchman at last.
    Since Hinx is kinda bland, I would like to know what names would some of you have chosen?

I think Castallano would have a good memorable ring to it.

Any one else care to take a stab?
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    The only concern i have over him? Is surely they could have come up with a better name than Mr Hinx?

Sounds like "Jinx" acts like "Mr. Kil" Lets hope that we do not get any such crap but a real good henchman who can give Craig's Bond a good fight.
    We have seen Craig fight many times but never has he squared off with a badass henchman. I think Mr. Hinx is gonna be all that and then some.
    Bring it on

What suggests to you that Mr.Hinx will be like Mr.Kill?

Based on what we actually do know they seem nothing alike. Hinx will have a lot to do in this film, have multiple altercations with Bond and is proposed to be a character of actual significance. Mr.Kill on the other hand was just any useless guy with a mean looking face.
    Since Hinx is kinda bland, I would like to know what names would some of you have chosen?

I think Castallano would have a good memorable ring to it.

Any one else care to take a stab?

I don't think it is bland. Not the most imaginative, but not the blandest either. Hinx sounds sharp, like a slash, a stab.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 107
    I wonder if Mr. Hinx will throw in a Batista Bomb in there on somebody other than Bond.

Bring it on

You would sincerely hope so! He is well overdue a great hand to hand fight sequence!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I can't wait to see Bond getting one hell of a kicking, only
    To pull the cat out of the bag ( Blofeld reference ) :))
    I think there will be a sort of off the cuff reference to Richard Kiel's Jaws in this film. I don't know how they'll insert it, but I have a feeling it will be there as a tribute to the man, who recently passed away.
    Urgh I hope not.
    It may already be there, as there was mention in one of the leaks of a train fight between Hinx & Bond....Shades of TSWLM