Mr. Hinx - discussion

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That's something I can live with as my first thought of a train fight between Craig and Bautista echoes more in the style of Connery and Shaw and with Craig and Bautista being such physical characters we should be in for a real treat. I can't wait for this movie!
    bondjames wrote: »
    It may already be there, as there was mention in one of the leaks of a train fight between Hinx & Bond....Shades of TSWLM

or FRWL, more likely.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Or Patrice from SF. ;)
    bondjames wrote: »
    I think there will be a sort of off the cuff reference to Richard Kiel's Jaws in this film. I don't know how they'll insert it, but I have a feeling it will be there as a tribute to the man, who recently passed away.

I think their will be a simple dedication on the end credits personally?
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Or Patrice from SF. ;)

Don't forget Gobinda!!!
    There're be standing room only, on top of this train ! :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I have been aboard that train in the Moroccan desert. There was plenty of space. Only wooden seats, very old and very stylish.

But the damn thing caught fire, probably because someone was cooking, and there we were evacuated in the desert when the train just suddenly started off again.
  • Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    Saw today Guardians Of The Galaxy , which by the way was very entertaining and one of the best super heroes movie of the last years.
    As for Dave Bautista i think he had a rather decent performance, in fact better then i expected and made me more confidente regarding the role of Mr. Hinx.
    Do hope to have a serious competitor for GrantVsBond (a la FRWL) train fight as one of the best hand to hand fights of the franchise.
    The men does look menacing.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    DrGorner wrote: »
    Or Patrice from SF. ;)

Don't forget Gobinda!!!

Not nearly as good as fights. They couldn't do much with Moore at the time, of course, and I loved the fight, but nothing so far as topped Bond vs Grant. Not only in the Bond franchise, but in action movies in general.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @fire_and_ice I think he is the henchman to the villain, I think
  • Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but supposing Mr Hinx turns out to be Jaws? Could potentially give the background story as to how he loses his teeth?
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited October 2015 Posts: 1,727
    @timmer - use spoiler function, for Pete's sake.
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 1,021
    I think Mr Hinx is more Claws than Jaws. Check out the trailer. I saw the trailer in slow motion and it looks like Mr Hinx is sporting some very sharp fingernails! Thats what it looked like to me - definately his thumbnail
    Mr Hinx is interestingly never named as such in the film. He doesn t have many scenes, but what scenes! Classic stuff.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Fantastic introduction, brutal train fight... but a disappointing death.

Like many people I wasn't entirely sure he was dead and kept expecting him to reappear. When Mallory's car was rammed in the tunnel I thought Hinx was going to be one of the heavies stepping out of the other vehicle.
    You may want to spoiler tag that, @Tokoloshe.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Mr Hinx is interestingly never named as such in the film. He doesn t have many scenes, but what scenes! Classic stuff.

Without spoiling much where do we rank him on the henchman list?

Best of the Craig era? Tough to beat Elvis but I think he just managed it.

Better than anyone in Brosnan's era? I would say so as they are all too cartoony.

Better than Dalts ever had? Necros is decent so I'm torn there but he's certainly better than Dario.

Rog? Well Jaws still a legend despite all the skydiving/ Dolly bullshit. Better than Nick Nack, Tee Hee, Kriegler, possibly Gobinda (who I like a lot) and May Day.

Laz? Hinx beats Grunther fairly comfortably.

Sean? Well not as good as Grant or Oddjob clearly but better than Vargas and Hans. Not as much fun as Wint & Kidd but much more menacing.

So looking at that I'd say comfortably top 10, on a good day top 5 for Mt Hinx so very respectable.
    Top five minion for me, along with Grant, Oddjob, Wint/Kidd and Jaws (TSWLM).
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    He is a very good henchman, very authoritative, clever, and he really beats up Bond. I honestly thought he was going to snuff it.

However his role in the film is fairly limited, he is not introduced by name and he doesn't really talk, which is a shame.
    I thought he was brilliant, one of the great henchmen in the series.
    The fight on the train is outstanding.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,151
    Thought he was a great addition to the movie. A henchman in the classic mould.
    Anyone think his "death" almost left him open for a return. Nothing to show he was dead was there?
    as long as he does not come back and fall in love with a blond girl in pig tails
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Agreed....
    Hey, even henchmen deserve to find love ! :D
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Thought he was a great addition to the movie. A henchman in the classic mould.
    Anyone think his "death" almost left him open for a return. Nothing to show he was dead was there?
    Is there anyone here with medical training/physics major who can do the calculations for me here to stop this notion that Hinx could have survived? By my, admittedly laymen's, reckoning the initial jerk of the barrels would likely as not have broken his neck not to mention the subsequent jerks as the barrels bounced around. And this is on top of people assuming falling out of a train in the middle of the desert at night is a minor inconvenience rather than potentially fatal.

A quick google gives this:
    To break the neck of a human, 1,000 to 1,250 foot-pounds of torque is considered sufficient. When hanging someone, a typical drop of 5 to 9 feet is enough to generate the force required to break the neck when the person hits the end of the rope.
    A foot-pound of torque is 1 pound of force applied at a distance of 1 foot. Therefore, applying 200 pounds of force on a 1-foot-long wrench generates 200 foot-pounds of torque. Applying 100 pounds of force on a 2-foot-long wrench also generates 200 foot-pounds of torque.
    Most broken necks are the result of severe trauma, such as car crashes or falls during sports such as skiing.

Assuming the barrels are empty they still represent a significant weight (full and they will be way over 200lbs) and the rope seemed to me to be at least 5 feet (although given he is a big man with tough neck muscles he would probably need the full 9 feet) so I would guesstimate that the first jerk that pulls him out of the train might well be enough. Remember that filming the MR PTS they had to use special slow deploying parachutes because they extra weight of a small camera on their helmet coupled with the jerk of the opening chute would have broken their necks.

I could just about suspend my disbelief that Hinx could survive I suppose but I wouldnt be happy with it. If they wanted him to potentially survive then they shouldnt have attached the barrels and just booted him out of the train. Although that would have been a crap death to be fair.

Lets remember as well that he has at least one bullet in him so even if he survives the barrels and the fall he is in the middle of the desert with no medical attention and a hole in him.

I wouldnt like to try to survive it personally. I think Sciarra has as much chance of being alive given the low altitude and softish landing of the crowd below.
    I thought Hinx was great, and i wanted to see more of him in the film. Loved the train fight, it was brutal.............and without giving anything away, what he did to someone in an earlier part of the film, would not of been out of place in a horror movie! :)
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    I don't really see the need for spoiler tags here. It's pretty obvious from the fact that the thread is called Mr Hinx - discussion.

If you record last night's football and you don't want to know the result, you don't go out and buy a newspaper and turn straight to the back page...
  • SirGodfreySirGodfrey France
    I have a question :
    Do you think Mr Hinx dies in SPECTRE ? I would love him to be back in Bond 25 !
  • Mark_HazzardMark_Hazzard Classified
    edited November 2015 Posts: 127
    @SirGodfrey, I have a question for you:
    Did you see him die? It will mainly depend on whether Craig continues with Bond25 I'd guess. Same goes for Christoph Waltz. Anyway, I'd like to see more of him as well.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    patb wrote: »
    as long as he does not come back and fall in love with a blond girl in pig tails

=D>