Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• RC7RC7
    edited October 2015 Posts: 10,512

He also mentions that Mendes took him to Abbey Road when Newman was recording. Wonder if that was to hear his melody weaved into the score? One can hope.
    Just realised the "how do I live..." Bit is a counter melody to the descending four note motif on John Barry's ohmss music which was in the trailer. Be awesome if there is some kind of orchestral mash up.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Speaking of Sausage... =))

=)) Still not got round to seeing this film yet!
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    RogueAgent wrote: »

What the **** did I just watch? xD
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Consider yourself lucky, it's traumatizing @-)
    We got a new lover :D
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    We got a new lover :D

It is great! I enjoy his videos very much! :)

edited October 2015 Posts: 1,756
    What do you guys think of a hip hop Bond theme for a new Bond?

I'm all for something different but hip hop just wouldn't harmonise with the world of Bond.
    I wish Calvin would get down off the fence. He says he loves it, then adds it's in his lower Bond song rankings. So it's not "that" great then? He doesn't sound too convinced that he actually likes the song. Did Sam Smith have a gun trained on him when he recorded this? Looks to me like he's squirming his entire way through this as though his mum was being held hostage.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2015 Posts: 4,443
    On 5 October it whas 3 years a go that Skyfall from Adele whas released and after 8 days she already end in Top 40 and single top 100. For 20 weaks she stay top 40 and 7 of those on number 1. Madonna stay for 13 weaks in top 40 and highest place whas 4. Smith his song whas released on 24 September and 2 days a go song end only single top 100 after 9 days.

Smith started at 18th place in Tip parade, this is a list where song started before there go to Top 40. If whant to end Top 40 you also must be heard on radio and that's where Smith song faild exept one time i heard it on anoument day 24 September. After the 23 October also total counts of realsingle who people buy at bol.com counted, but till that moment Radio DJ's and legal download deside or/and when song go in Top 40.

Whyle the song is or whas ignored by Dutch radio, Sam Smith enter the Top 40 today on number 37!. Back in 2012 Adele started on number 19 and her lowest place whas her 20th weak on number 38. Between 14.00-14.25 on Radio 538 and you wil hear ''Writings On The Wall'' when there play top 40.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @bondsum he said it's in his lower top 10, not his lower ranking.
    Bounine wrote: »

I'm all for something different but hip hop just wouldn't harmonise with the world of Bond.

As much as I like WOTW, I'm kind of tired of Bond ballads. I think a hip hop Bond theme could bring a masculine bad-ass contemporary side to Bond.
  • RC7RC7

As much as I like WOTW, I'm kind of tired of Bond ballads. I think a hip hop Bond theme could bring a masculine bad-ass contemporary side to Bond.

Couldn't think of anything worse, personally.
    Sandy wrote: »
    @bondsum he said it's in his lower top 10, not his lower ranking.
    The only thing I got from his video is that his friends have a better taste in music. I won't be clicking on anymore of Calvin's insightful reviews, that's for sure.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Given recent fare, I'm open to just about anything these days....

Hip hop can work. Anything can work really.....it's all about the way it's done. The devil is in the details and in the execution. Bond first and foremost needs finesse, and no prima donna's.

Personally, I'd prefer a jazz influence in the next one, or even an instrumental.
    Kanye West or similar? pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase no! Bond is not "bad-ass"
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    patb wrote: »

I'd rather have Justin Bieber in a duet with One Direction doing a Bond theme, hell two Bond themes! than Kanye even doing one note of a Bond theme.

I'd rather have Justin Bieber in a duet with One Direction doing a Bond theme, hell two Bond themes! than Kanye even doing one note of a Bond theme.

I'm open to Kanye on the mix. He's a very talented chap. However, he's a prima donna, and as I said above, we can't have that. Hip hop, if done sparingly and with style, can work, combined with other influences in the song. It's all about execution.
    bondjames wrote: »

I'm open to Kanye on the mix. He's a very talented chap. However, he's a prima donna, and as I said above, we can't have that. Hip hop, if done sparingly and with style, can work, combined with other influences in the song. It's all about execution.

Prima Donna is putting it mildly, he has a God complex combined with no manners at all.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    I'd rather rapper Common do a Bond them than Kanye. Old Kanye, pre-KarTrashian yes not this Kanye
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    No, no and NO to the hip-hop thing.
    If we're going to 'try smth new' then surely proper use of electric guitar should be done first (has not been done well for a Bond song as yet...)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RC7 wrote: »

Couldn't think of anything worse, personally.

This. I'll vomit if we get some garbage hip-hop Bond theme.
    As I said earlier, Kanye is pretty talented, & I wouldn't mind him 'on the mix'. He could spruce up a song very nicely but he must be controlled.

@bondjames

I say he shall play a henchman, like Goldie did in the 90's.
    Musicians in Bond movies is nothing new.

Kanye could play an egomaniac scumbag with say 5 minutes screen time, getting shot in the face by Bond.
    Kanye could play an egomaniac scumbag with say 5 minutes screen time, getting shot in the face by Bond.
    I'd like that very much, and I'm sure others would too....not least Taylor Swift
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'd like that very much, and I'm sure others would too....not least Taylor Swift

=)) yes that poor Taylor!
    Hip hop and bond go together like caviar and angel delight.

Last time bond overtly tried to appeal on that level was DAD. And we all know what happened there.