Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    talos7 wrote: »
    Call me crazy but Tom Ellis of Lucifer fame would rock as 007
    url=https://postimg.cc/Dms23HtT]lucifer-cancelled-tom-ellis-interview.jpg[/url

OK, you're crazy. ;)

His name has come up but I can't see it at all; in fact , every time I see him he has a look in his eyes like a stereotype of a carnival psychic

M6AhQ3V.jpg?2

I'm sure he'd dial down the crazy eyes once he was Bond 😁

Yes, I think so. All those shots are in his role as Lucifer and the crazy eyes are part of the story. It just goes to show he's a good actor. But as they're making an new season of Lucifer (thank you Netflix), I don't think he's going to be Bond anytime soon.

CqH5H0lXEAAxhDc.jpg
    Hardly crazy eyes if you ask me.

The real crazy eyes belong to those who see Bond there.

Now now @Thundy, who's pissed on your parade today? Personal insults? And you might, just might be dissapointed one day.....

Insults must be personal in order to work.

That's true. No reason to start insulting people though.

Anyone who sees an insult there, has crazy eyes as well.

😳. 😆
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 1,661
    Well we're in the era of metoo and female equality so how about transsexual woman/man model as James 'Janet' Bond:

19404146-0-image-a-27_1570464304695.jpg
    May Simón Lifschitz, 24, stars in lingerie line Bluebella's collaboration with Victoria's Secret, and will feature in the brand's store windows in New York and London from Friday

George Lazenby modelled before Bond. If it's good enough for George it's good enough for this bloke er woman. ;)) She has some acting credits on IMDB. She is Danish but some vocal coaching can bring out the British accent. And look at that jawline. Daniel Craig is jealous. :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Excuse me while I go poking my eyes out.
    Excuse me while I go poking my eyes out.

=)) Room for 1 more?!!! :))
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    edited October 2019 Posts: 349
    Jack Lowden.
    P.S. how do I upload images please?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited October 2019 Posts: 40,504
    Jack Lowden.

In the options bar right above where you post a comment, click 'Attach Image,' then you can either upload one directly that you've saved or paste the link to a direct image.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Jack Lowden.

In the options bar right above where you post a comment, click 'Attach Image,' then you can either upload one directly that you've saved or paste the link to a direct image.

Thank you very much. 👊👊👊
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Just for the sake of proposing someone different. What do you think of Theo James? I've seen him in some english productions, and apparently he's 34. A bit too tall for James Bond. But He reminds me of a sort of Byron or Shelley type.

senatus_fXrgwh.jpg
    I'm not familiar with him but he's got a good look for the role. Various sources have him listed at 6', not too tall.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Yeah, for me the thing Turner brings is the cruel look. Quite patent in this photo comparison between the two.

http://videosblue.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Theo-James-vs-Aidan-Turner-Qui-sadapte-le-plus-à-être-la-nouvelle-James-Bond.jpg

But I do like Theo James, as he's a bit new gen, but he's got the intensity and has been doing period pieces as well, which IMO showcase his range as an actor.

None, so far, and IMO, have the star factor that Craig has, though.

HP-GQ-07Sep16_b.jpg
    Univex wrote: »
    Just for the sake of proposing someone different. What do you think of Theo James? I've seen him in some english productions, and apparently he's 34. A bit too tall for James Bond. But He reminds me of a sort of Byron or Shelley type.

senatus_fXrgwh.jpg

There were reports in the press of him "landing the role" a few years ago.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I know nothing about Theo James but he has a good look to him.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Young Bond Turner in the making
    156404-1521738555-AIDAN%20TURNER%20headshot2.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    When I'm stared at, I lose my appetite.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Turner won't be Bond I'm calling it now!
    Shardlake wrote: »

Well that's a very easy prediction since only one out of countless candidate will be chosen.

I predict that Brad Pitt will not win an Oscar this year.
    Shardlake wrote: »

You won't be it, that we can all agree on a million %
    Guys, don't fight.

Here are my favourites so far

luke_evans_2769878b.jpg
    1515604309-aidan-turner-bond.jpg?resize=480:*
    original.jpg
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I still think Callum Turner has potential :)

Probably a bit young looking atm but you never know.

rev-1-FBCOG-CCTRLR-014_High_Res_JPEG.jpeg?resize=3118%2C1306
    NINTCHDBPICT000517139334.jpg
    NINTCHDBPICT000517139139-e1569358054498.jpg
    Yeah, for me the thing Turner brings is the cruel look. Quite patent in this photo comparison between the two.

http://videosblue.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Theo-James-vs-Aidan-Turner-Qui-sadapte-le-plus-à-être-la-nouvelle-James-Bond.jpg

But I do like Theo James, as he's a bit new gen, but he's got the intensity and has been doing period pieces as well, which IMO showcase his range as an actor.

HP-GQ-07Sep16_b.jpg

If people want to convince us that this guy can be Bond ,don’t compare him to Craig like this ,it’s a man vs boy situation and Dan ain’t the boy.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    barryt007 wrote: »

HP-GQ-07Sep16_b.jpg

If people want to convince us that this guy can be Bond ,don’t compare him to Craig like this ,it’s a man vs boy situation and Dan ain’t the boy.

Spot. On.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 1,318
    barryt007 wrote: »

HP-GQ-07Sep16_b.jpg

Quite frankly Daniel still looks like a 55 year old KGB/FSB agent. To each their own.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    And what could the casual observer think of him, 'Commander James Bond, GMG, RNVSR', also 'something at the Ministry of Defence', the rather saturnine young man in his middle thirties sitting opposite the Admiral? Something a bit cold and dangerous in that face. Looks pretty fit. May have been attached to Templer in Malaya. Or Nairobi. Mau Mau work. Tough-looking customer. Doesn't look the sort of chap one usually sees in Blades.

Bond knew that there was something alien and un-English about himself. He knew that he was a difficult man to cover up. Particularly in England. He shrugged his shoulders. Abroad was what mattered. He would never have a job to do in England. Outside the jurisdiction of the Service. Anyway, he didn't need a cover this evening. This was recreation.
    231?cb=20120730152300
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

OK, you're crazy. ;)

His name has come up but I can't see it at all; in fact , every time I see him he has a look in his eyes like a stereotype of a carnival psychic

M6AhQ3V.jpg?2

Yes, I think so. All those shots are in his role as Lucifer and the crazy eyes are part of the story. It just goes to show he's a good actor. But as they're making an new season of Lucifer (thank you Netflix), I don't think he's going to be Bond anytime soon.

CqH5H0lXEAAxhDc.jpg

Now now @Thundy, who's pissed on your parade today? Personal insults? And you might, just might be dissapointed one day.....

Anyone who sees an insult there, has crazy eyes as well. has a proper understanding of the English language
    There, corrected it for you.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Whilst Turner wouldn't be the worst choice for Bond, there's something that I cant put my finger on. Whether it's his overall look or...I don't know. I just don't see him as Bond.
    Theo James is in the same box. Looks good, but not a serious OO7 contender.
    I'm not thinking about who should be the next James Bond at this stage, as NTTD has another six to seven months until release.
    I'm kind of hoping we get another actor out of left field ala Craig. Someone who maybe hasn't been mentioned, but fits the role well. A big ask of course.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Benny wrote: »
    Whilst Turner wouldn't be the worst choice for Bond, there's something that I cant put my finger on. Whether it's his overall look or...I don't know. I just don't see him as Bond.
    I'm not thinking about who should be the next James Bond at this stage, as NTTD has another six to seven months until release.
    I'm kind of hoping we get another actor out of left field ala Craig. Someone who maybe hasn't been mentioned, but fits the role well. A big ask of course.

Considering the amount of people mentioned, and the acting talent Craig has displayed, I think that might be an unsurmounteable task. However, indeed, it would be cool. I'm not very confident of any actor mentioned, including the ones I came up with. Some I really don't want to see as Bond, but a negative choice doesn't help anyone at all.

OK, you're crazy. ;)

M6AhQ3V.jpg?2

CqH5H0lXEAAxhDc.jpg

Anyone who sees an insult there, has crazy eyes as well. has a proper understanding of the English language
    There, corrected it for you.

Ha! Good one.
    fa5d74e31c6685153ad08f434876756d.jpg
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

Considering the amount of people mentioned, and the acting talent Craig has displayed, I think that might be an unsurmounteable task. However, indeed, it would be cool. I'm not very confident of any actor mentioned, including the ones I came up with. Some I really don't want to see as Bond, but a negative choice doesn't help anyone at all.

I think and other would agree with this, although some can't stand Craig and would gladly see the back of him.

The thing I see in DC is that he confidently up till SPECTRE played the role with such ease and to the point that some think he's slumming it.

DC doesn't do in your face acting, although both Logan Lucky and it appears Knives Out showcase a very different Daniel Craig. Although as Bond it is about subtlety, the less said, DC's acting is in the eyes a lot of the time and I think some miss this.

CR and QOS in particular show a type of acting never seen in Bond before, the idea that Bond is cold and shut off, it's something that he likes give the idea of.

Take for instance the scene when Bond is staring at Solange and M says he doesn't care he agrees but the eyes and the body language say different.

Also in QOS after the credits when Bond brings White in and M tries to get him to open up about Vesper he shuts her down but again the eyes and body language say something different.

Some of us don't really care about this and want are wise cracking debonair spy back with no chinks in the armour, although for a selection of us going back to a Teflon Bond will be quite a wrench.

A selection of us have thoroughly enjoyed that aspect, either the next Bond will totally go against that or this element of Bond will have been so much a trait of this period that the next Bond will want the role to explore the psyche of Bond more.

If we don't get an actor on the same level as DC and that is attempted it could look quite uncomfortable.

We've only had 2 Bond's go down this route Dalton and now Craig, I would argue DC more confidently, although if there is a shift and we go back to the lighter more surface type Bond that is just going on a mission and we don't need to know about his psychology I don't think the likes of Turner would want to play it that way.

I'm thinking what Dalton introduced and DC then refined even more is not likely to disappear.

There might be a shift back to the lighter times with an actor not so experienced but I don't think the next guy will be that, I guess we'll see.
  • Shardlake wrote: »

I think and other would agree with this, although some can't stand Craig and would gladly see the back of him.

The thing I see in DC is that he confidently up till SPECTRE played the role with such ease and to the point that some think he's slumming it.

DC doesn't do in your face acting, although both Logan Lucky and it appears Knives Out showcase a very different Daniel Craig. Although as Bond it is about subtlety, the less said, DC's acting is in the eyes a lot of the time and I think some miss this.

CR and QOS in particular show a type of acting never seen in Bond before, the idea that Bond is cold and shut off, it's something that he likes give the idea of.

Take for instance the scene when Bond is staring at Solange and M says he doesn't care he agrees but the eyes and the body language say different.

Also in QOS after the credits when Bond brings White in and M tries to get him to open up about Vesper he shuts her down but again the eyes and body language say something different.

Some of us don't really care about this and want are wise cracking debonair spy back with no chinks in the armour, although for a selection of us going back to a Teflon Bond will be quite a wrench.

A selection of us have thoroughly enjoyed that aspect, either the next Bond will totally go against that or this element of Bond will have been so much a trait of this period that the next Bond will want the role to explore the psyche of Bond more.

If we don't get an actor on the same level as DC and that is attempted it could look quite uncomfortable.

We've only had 2 Bond's go down this route Dalton and now Craig, I would argue DC more confidently, although if there is a shift and we go back to the lighter more surface type Bond that is just going on a mission and we don't need to know about his psychology I don't think the likes of Turner would want to play it that way.

I'm thinking what Dalton introduced and DC then refined even more is not likely to disappear.

There might be a shift back to the lighter times with an actor not so experienced but I don't think the next guy will be that, I guess we'll see.

I think that as long as BB is in charge we'll get Craig type Bonds/movies, which is why I think O'Connell (or someone like him but taller because I can't be arsed to have that debate again) is a more realistic prediction than some of the pretty boy types that have been suggested. It'll be another edgy choice, someone a bit dangerous looking with a bit of indie cred imo. Even in the Brosnan era when she was finding her feet, you can see what they went for with Craig beginning to form. More personal stories, arthouse directors, etc. It took them a few years to get there but I think with CR Barbara finally found the sort of Bond films she wanted to make, and the next actor will be another reflection of that. Brosnan was Cubby's choice and she never seemed that happy with him (he's said in interviews that they never listened to his suggestions, never invited him out to dinner, it seemed a lot less personal, like he really was just an actor they hired).

Maybe when she eventually retires we'll get another more traditional type in lighter adventure films. But as long as Barbara is in charge I think the tone of SF/SP is as light as the films will get, and Bond will always be played by someone with certain similarities to Craig.
    @thelivingroyale , that is a great point. You are probably right.