Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    peter wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    Turner isn’t very old and he’d be the first Bond that’s actually younger than me. I’m for a bit of a younger Bond and Turner would be perfect. I mean...

tumblr_pkxbcvtaqT1vjmqa0o1_500.jpg

...c’mon.

He looks like an Oxford undergrad

Problem I have with this guy is he ALWAYS seems to be POSING... let me see him be naturally charming without the "stern" look and without the 5 o'clock shadow.
    In his defense, many of the photos are from photo shoots where there is a tendency to “pose” ; on film, and in stills taken during filming, he looks much more natural.
  • Ladies and gentlemen I have crawled through the darkest caves and endless dungeons to find a decent photo of Aidan Turner sans stubble. Thus~
    original.gif

BTW, whoever the next Bond is, they should bring smoking back. The literary Bond smoked quite often and the last movie Bond to smoke was Dalton. I guess it’s not PC. I hate smoking myself but it’s just something Bond does.

Think Craig wanted to do this and wasn't allowed.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    original.gif

How many of those can he swallow? Incredible!

😆👍🏼
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Shaven, not stubbled. Nay sayers should just come forth and repent, for Turner has that special Bond gene. Teehee.

2F0D932100000578-3345865-image-m-126_1449251439629.jpg
  • BTW, whoever the next Bond is, they should bring smoking back. The literary Bond smoked quite often and the last movie Bond to smoke was Dalton. I guess it’s not PC. I hate smoking myself but it’s just something Bond does.

Definitely. To be honest I sort of think they should go more adult in general. I know that'll be blasphemy to most, because I'm sure most of us were introduced to Bond as kids. But you could get away with more in family entertainment back then, things were different. As attitudes keep changing, I sort of fear that you'll have to sacrifice more and more of Bond's character to make a modern, massive 12A rated blockbuster about him. But lower the budget and up the age rating and then he can drink shag gamble smoke and be as sexist as he wants without worrying about the impression it's having on kids. You still wouldn't be able to glorify that stuff, he'd probably be portrayed as a darker more anti-hero than in the older films as he becomes more and more of a dinasour/throwback over the years, but at least then you'd be able to keep all those parts of the character.

It'd be a shame to have to do that, because it'd turn a big British institution into a much more niche thing. But I think there will come a time where it's either go that way, start catering for a more niche adult market with a Bond you're really not supposed to like, or risk neuteuring the character to the point of him not even being Bond anymore. We're not there yet but eventually I think we might be.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Shaven, not stubbled. Nay sayers should just come forth and repent, for Turner has that special Bond gene. Teehee.

The thing to note about images like this is that many are 4+ years old now. He is looking much maturer in the face and will do by the time the next Bond is cast in a few years. He is growing into the role as time goes on. By 2022/3 he will be the perfect match. I highly doubt EON (or whomever) will be abke to look past Turner by then. If they do it will be the biggest blunder they could commit, and thats saying alot.
    Ladies and gentlemen I have crawled through the darkest caves and endless dungeons to find a decent photo of Aidan Turner sans stubble. Thus~
    original.gif

BTW, whoever the next Bond is, they should bring smoking back. The literary Bond smoked quite often and the last movie Bond to smoke was Dalton. I guess it’s not PC. I hate smoking myself but it’s just something Bond does.

I believe my good friend it was Brosnan's Bond in DAD when he is in Cuba. I prefer my Bond not to smoke but to each their own.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Turner's looking a bit more buff nowadays, he'll have to watch his weight a bit. And loose that beard once and for all.
    NINTCHDBPICT000495523196.jpg

Granted, it's a bad picture.
    Odessa_July2019_03-1024x683.jpg

But even then, I still say he's the best man for the job. Just get leaner.
    Univex wrote: »
    Turner's looking a bit more buff nowadays, he'll have to watch his weight a bit. And loose that beard once and for all.

Jeez I hardly recognised him in that first photo!!! :-O
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,677
    yeah, doesn't suit him at all. Maybe it's for a role?

14438948-7109959-image-m-11_1559807473354.jpg

But also from this year:

9408176-0-image-a-44_1549357036187.jpg

The guy changes weight as much as Dan Stevens ;)

Genoma of a…Bond man?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Ladies and gentlemen I have crawled through the darkest caves and endless dungeons to find a decent photo of Aidan Turner sans stubble. Thus~
    original.gif

I believe my good friend it was Brosnan's Bond in DAD when he is in Cuba. I prefer my Bond not to smoke but to each their own.

Indeed it was! He even visited a cigar factory!

260043482_9c6c4d2c09_o.gif
    yeah, doesn't suit him at all. Maybe it's for a role?

14438948-7109959-image-m-11_1559807473354.jpg

You would sincerely hope so? :))

Wow. Just based on those pictures, you'd think AND THEN THERE WERE NONE was at least 10 years ago.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited October 2019 Posts: 8,548
    W.T.F??? That's not "buff"... That's Ben Affleck on a bender for 6 weeks straight.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Turner's had one too many big macs. =))
    Oh please, humans go up and down in weight; actors do it on a regular basis for roles. If Turner were to be cast as Bond, there is absolutely no doubt that he would report in top shape.
    As far as the beard and the stubble, the man obviously has a thick beard, maybe he grew it out for a part, maybe he’s often pictured with stubble because he doesn’t feel like shaving every day.
    As with his conditioning, if he were cast as Bond, and needed to be clean shaven, there is no doubt that he would shave three times a day if need be.
    I can understand if someone doesn’t think he’s right for the part, but this knee jerk, nit picking over his appearance is ludicrous.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It's just a joke. :))
    More photos I see the less I think he has the look
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    I can't believe Dan Stevens doesn't get more love. The Guest was like Layer Cake, in that it seemed like the perfect Bond audition.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Has Pattinson signed up to be Batman yet ?

Well....perhaps we are focussing on the wrong lead in Tenet. Maybe we should be looking at John David Washington. I hear he is the genuine lead of the film. If he half as much talent as his dad, than I wouldn't be adverse to him being considered for the role.

390447b_27716-113l68u.hxzs.jpg

WB_CHRISTOPHER-NOLAN_JOHN-DAVID-WASHINGTON_-1024x571.jpg

sipa_23871525.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.jpg

Check out Blackkklansmen
    I can't believe Dan Stevens doesn't get more love. The Guest was like Layer Cake, in that it seemed like the perfect Bond audition.

I guess people just disagree.
    I posted the Turner photos as a joke, since I was called a "Turner-boy" by some. Thing is, Turner's still the best candidate IMO, and he's not fat in those photos, he had to go on a regime to build mass for a role. If we go by that, then Bale would've never been Batman, not to mention Mr. double chin Dan Stevens, who can change weight easily as well.

Turner's still the man for the job.
    giphy.gif
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,302
    Still hoping it'll be this guy, even though he's too old now:

MindlessWhisperedAlligatorgar-size_restricted.gif
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Dan Stevens would be OK-ish as Bond, but I would rather cast him as John Steed in the footsetps of Patrick Macnee.
    Still hoping it'll be this guy, even though he's too old now:

MindlessWhisperedAlligatorgar-size_restricted.gif

+1
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Dan Stevens would be OK-ish as Bond, but I would rather cast him as John Steed in the footsetps of Patrick Macnee.

+1

I know it's just a couple of +1s but I do agree with both of you on this.

Dan Stevens as Steed would be fantastic. To tell you the truth, even Hiddleston could be a good John Steed. Who would you choose for Peel?
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Peel? I would perhaps stick with Emma ... Stone? Or Gal Gadot?
    Lol, Those were the first two names to come mind.

talos7 wrote: »
    Lol, Those were the first two names to come mind.

Oh, absolutely. Brilliant choices.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Emma Stone was the first name to pop in my head. She has a sparkle and playfulness behind her eyes
    peter wrote: »
    Emma Stone was the first name to pop in my head. She has a sparkle and playfulness behind her eyes

Her very large olive-green sparkly eyes ;)