Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    Looks like a mix of Henry Cavill and Richard Madden.

actually-- you're bang-on.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This Tom Brittney looks like a young meat-head version of Andrew Lincoln.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    There really are a lot of possibilities at this point, before BOND 25 even exists.

Here's one timestream.

Daniel Craig: I will keep playing Bond as long as I can
    (30 Sep 2015)
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/sep/30/daniel-craig-james-bond-film-role-spectre

Daniel Craig pulls surprise U-turn over playing James Bond again: 'I would miss it terribly'.
    (10 October 2016)
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/daniel-craig-next-james-bond-who-will-replace-odds-aidan-turner-tom-hiddleston-idris-elba-james-a7353506.html

Daniel Craig 'signs up to play James Bond in two new movies'
    (7 August 2017)
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/daniel-craig-reportedly-signs-play-bond-two-new-movies/

James Bond 25: Daniel Craig WON’T quit after all? ‘He could come back again’
    JAMES BOND producer Barbara Broccoli is allegedly hopeful that Daniel Craig will be back for a sixth film after all.
    (2 Sep 2018)
    https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1011985/James-Bond-25-Daniel-Craig-quit-stay-another-film-Danny-Boyle-Barbara-Broccoli

God I hope not. This era of Bond has run its course. I would be far more excited for 25 if we had a fresh actor and direction.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Roadphill wrote: »
    There really are a lot of possibilities at this point, before BOND 25 even exists.

Here's one timestream.

Daniel Craig: I will keep playing Bond as long as I can
    (30 Sep 2015)
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/sep/30/daniel-craig-james-bond-film-role-spectre

Daniel Craig pulls surprise U-turn over playing James Bond again: 'I would miss it terribly'.
    (10 October 2016)
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/daniel-craig-next-james-bond-who-will-replace-odds-aidan-turner-tom-hiddleston-idris-elba-james-a7353506.html

Daniel Craig 'signs up to play James Bond in two new movies'
    (7 August 2017)
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/daniel-craig-reportedly-signs-play-bond-two-new-movies/

James Bond 25: Daniel Craig WON’T quit after all? ‘He could come back again’
    JAMES BOND producer Barbara Broccoli is allegedly hopeful that Daniel Craig will be back for a sixth film after all.
    (2 Sep 2018)
    https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1011985/James-Bond-25-Daniel-Craig-quit-stay-another-film-Danny-Boyle-Barbara-Broccoli

God I hope not. This era of Bond has run its course. I would be far more excited for 25 if we had a fresh actor and direction.

Me too. It felt like the appropriate juncture for a fresh start after Spectre. Now we desperately need a new Bond in 2022/23.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I think when we get official confirmation of Craig's retirement from the role, we can possibly judge how long the next actor takes to get cast or announced as 007 as too how long EON have been in discussions with said actor.
    If the turnaround is relatively quick, it would possibly suggest that the new Bond has been on the radar for some time. I guess we'll see when this happens.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Tom Brittney (28, 6ft 2) has been getting some time in the headlines recently as he is stepping in for the departing James Norton on Season 4 of Granchester. He had a small role in Babs's project Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool. May be worth keeping an eye on.

He has a bit of a younger Cavill look to him.
    sopxe5p.jpg
    2dIvqd7.jpg
    vplEIn2.jpg

James Bond can't have curly hair!

No but more seriously if he's got the skills and can mature he'd be a good contender.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Tom Brittney (28, 6ft 2) has been getting some time in the headlines recently as he is stepping in for the departing James Norton on Season 4 of Granchester. He had a small role in Babs's project Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool. May be worth keeping an eye on.

sopxe5p.jpg
    2dIvqd7.jpg
    vplEIn2.jpg

No but more seriously if he's got the skills and can mature he'd be a good contender.

Looks too much like a regular meathead to me.

sopxe5p.jpg
    2dIvqd7.jpg
    vplEIn2.jpg

Looks too much like a regular meathead to me.

Don't know, he'd need to mature for a better idea.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

sopxe5p.jpg
    2dIvqd7.jpg
    vplEIn2.jpg

There is potential in his look. I've not seen him in anything, but I will seek out some of his work in the next year (except for that Film Stars thing - there's no bloody way I'm going to watch that for any reason).
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,297

sopxe5p.jpg
    2dIvqd7.jpg
    vplEIn2.jpg

There are these things called curl straighteners, you know! :-D

sopxe5p.jpg
    2dIvqd7.jpg
    vplEIn2.jpg

Makes you bald ;)
    Univex wrote: »

sopxe5p.jpg
    2dIvqd7.jpg
    vplEIn2.jpg

Makes you bald ;)

That wasn't an issue with Connery!

sopxe5p.jpg
    2dIvqd7.jpg
    vplEIn2.jpg

Makes you bald ;)

Wigs were better engineered back then ;)

sopxe5p.jpg
    2dIvqd7.jpg
    vplEIn2.jpg

Makes you bald ;)

Haha, I wouldn't know about that – they might have been! :))

sopxe5p.jpg
    2dIvqd7.jpg
    vplEIn2.jpg

Makes you bald ;)

Needer do I. I was just guessing.
    Thank god I have to guess.
    ;)

sopxe5p.jpg
    2dIvqd7.jpg
    vplEIn2.jpg

Makes you bald ;)

I concur

ae691d0eb18f386c929d1e6d9a44fb1f.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Just to be clear, hair straightening does not cause baldness.

sopxe5p.jpg
    2dIvqd7.jpg
    vplEIn2.jpg

Makes you bald ;)

Needer do I. I was just guessing.
    Thank god I have to guess.
    ;)

:))
    talos7 wrote: »

Actually, on men, the use of hot electric resistances or strong chemical products on your scalp will make you loose hair on the long run. But that is a discussion for another thread. Where's the hair thread when you need it? ;) We were just having fun.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I should stop using hair pomade, then? ;)

Actually, on men, the use of hot electric resistances or strong chemical products on your scalp will make you loose hair on the long run. But that is a discussion for another thread. Where's the hair thread when you need it? ;) We were just having fun.

Does that include hair dryers too? :-O
    That’s why I don’t apply chemical relaxers to the scalp of clients; flat Irons, used responsibly present no danger of balding; the same goes for hair dryers.
    Now the use of these things can damage hair and cause it to break off, bit that is not balding, which occurs below the scalp in the follicles.

If the actor above needed his hair straightened for the role, there is virtually no chance that it would cause balding.
    (+1) Thank you for that info, @talos7. Really good to know. We need the hair thread back ;)
    Thanks for the info, @talos7! The hair dryer is a great time saver when it comes to getting your hair dry in the mornings – and I'd hate for it to be a cause of baldness!

Should probably get back on topic now…
    I actually was going to just let it go until concern about about hairdryers came up ;)
    I actually was going to just let it go until concern about about hairdryers came up ;)

Hahaha! :))
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Richard Madden's star has increased dramatically following the Golden Globes!
    Would preferably want a taller actor at this point.
    Richard Madden is no Bond
    Hmmm I still look at Tom Hardy and think he would be very much like Connery in the role... and yet I seem to be the only one who think this perhaps I need to consult my Ocultist