Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited January 2019 Posts: 1,318
    Moore did establish himself as an actor long before he was even cast as The Saint, though. Or as one of the Mavericks.

This.

The guy looks horrid for 38 I have to confess, model or not. I say Moldavian villain.

039989dbaffbd5d98df1027d7d121191.jpg
    ICONGANDY2-675x450.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I was going to say that, for 38 he looks rough.
    Lots of tanning.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,335
    He's no baby face, so that's a plus!

Edit: Ideal voice really. Whoever gets the part after Craig should have a similarly deep voice.

That's quite the spectrum you're talking about. The guy could do anti UV adverts for the NHS

That's quite the spectrum you're talking about. The guy could do anti UV adverts for the NHS

I don't think he looks that bad. Craig looked older than his age in CR, IMO.

Craig never looked like Bond though, so yeah... Gandy to me looks more like a villain or a different 00 all around.

Craig never looked like Bond though, so yeah... Gandy to me looks more like a villain or a different 00 all around.

Can't agree on everything! :-)
    He's not even an actor though, so him being considered at all would be surprising.
    Subject number 1: Too much baby face
    Subject number 2: Too rough
    Subject number 3: Too model like
    Subject number 4: Too ugly

Damn, one thing is for certain, there is no consensus amongst Bond fans.

To me, btw, Gandy is like I imagine the Bond in the novels to be like.

Just out of curiosity, @JeremyBondon, who's your champion?
    Univex wrote: »
    Subject number 1: Too much baby face
    Subject number 2: Too rough
    Subject number 3: Too model like
    Subject number 4: Too ugly

Damn, one thing is for certain, there is no consensus amongst Bond fans.

To me, btw, Gandy is like I imagine the Bond in the novels to be like.

Just out of curiosity, @JeremyBondon, who's your champion?

Only this man from day one

actor-aidan-turner-is-photographed-for-article-magazine-on-september-picture-id468905746
    actor-aidan-turner-is-photographed-for-article-magazine-on-september-picture-id468905724
    Uff, then we're on the same page ;) Good to know.
    Univex wrote: »
    Uff, then we're on the same page ;) Good to know.

Ha. A 100%!

giphy.gif
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Where do they come up with this stuff?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/film/new-james-bond-odds-place-13799839

Hiddleston front runner.

James Norton second.

Guessing it's just the usual clickbait.
    Benny wrote: »
    Where do they come up with this stuff?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/film/new-james-bond-odds-place-13799839

Hiddleston front runner.

James Norton second.

Guessing it's just the usual clickbait.

Hiddle piddle his management. Paid for, I'm sure.
    I would prefer Hiddleston over turner
    I would prefer Turner over Hiddleston. :D
    I think we all would prefer Barry Nelson
    Now come on....
    talos7 wrote: »
    Now come on....

If you can’t see the raw magnetism of Barry Nelson and Disney’s ability to bring actors back from the dead as a great way to bring the series forward I don’t jbow what to tell you
    edited January 2019 Posts: 8,009
    :D
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    1. Michael Fassbender
    2. Henry Cavill
    3. Tom Hiddleston
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    1. Turner
    2. Hardy
    3. Cavill
    1. Turner
    2. Turner
    3. Turner

No compromises, old chap
    1. Turner
    2. Hemsworth

Although I flip flop on the order of those two depending on the tone they would be going for.

3. Wild Card ( I’m open to someone not on the
    radar
    1. Turner
    2. Turner
    3. Turner

No compromises, old chap

+1
    I'd be willing to give Tom Hughes a chance. He's 33, 6'1", decent actor with a growing resume of semi popular tv roles.
    Certainly one to keep in consideration.
    Turner has grown on me. Amazingly. However he is a good actor and has the right look.
    I'd also be happy with Tom Hiddleston, and think he could play a decent Bond.
    Even Henry Cavill may have the right mix and could potentially be a decent 007.
    Add to that any decent unknown who hasn't been mentioned, and isn't on the radar.
    However, I'd like to return to a more 'traditional' Bond with the next actor. The closer to Fleming the better. I think Dalton got the closest to a Fleming Bond, but Connery will always be the benchmark that other Bond actors will be measured against.
    1. Fassbender
    2. Hardy
    3. Hiddleston
    4. Cavill
    5. hemsworth

Honestly any of the five and I would be over the moon. Of course if turner did get it I lived through the Brosnan era I can live through a turner one
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Now come on....

If you can’t see the raw magnetism of Barry Nelson and Disney’s ability to bring actors back from the dead as a great way to bring the series forward I don’t jbow what to tell you

I'll take a CGI revived version of Barry Nelson over any of the Bond potentials that have been thrown at us since SP.............and I loathe CGI.

I have warmed to the idea of Turner or Cavill, though.
    I still maintain the opinion that we shouldn't be looking at Craig's replacement just yet. We should be looking at suave, attractive couples who could feasibly conceive the next Bond actor. By the time the child is born, grows into adulthood and reaches his mid to late 30's, that's how long it should take for Eon to begin planning the next Bond film.
    What makes you think that there will be a lengthy delay after Bond 25 @ToTheRight ?
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Now come on....

I'll take a CGI revived version of Barry Nelson over any of the Bond potentials that have been thrown at us since SP.............and I loathe CGI.

I have warmed to the idea of Turner or Cavill, though.
    I still maintain the opinion that we shouldn't be looking at Craig's replacement just yet. We should be looking at suave, attractive couples who could feasibly conceive the next Bond actor. By the time the child is born, grows into adulthood and reaches his mid to late 30's, that's how long it should take for Eon to begin planning the next Bond film.

At this rate and given the quality of the various candidates, this might be the safest option: breed the next James Bond actor.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    The current wave of despair in this thread is self made. 478 pages in and none of the forum members can agree on an actor to play Bond. So what? We aren't casting Bond, so why get our knickers in a twist?

If Daniel Craig was a young actor now, and his picture was put up here, is there one member who would say 'Yes, that's the man'? The next guy is out there. And maybe somewhere in this thread his picture has emerged.