Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

I would take Chris Nolan's praise for Hardy as Bond with a pinch of salt. Given their past work and obvious friendship he'd probably recommend Hardy for any role. "He'd be amazing as Donald Trump/Oprah Winfrey/Roger Rabbit!" :P

If Nolan praised Hardy as Bond I don't want him near a Bond film, ever.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I think we should not mix up too much People and individuals. Certainly those who complain About Mendes´ two Bond films being too much like Nolan´s Batfilms are not the same individuals who want Nolan to direct a Bond film ;-).

Good one ;)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    17 actors who were almost James Bond

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/movies/17-actors-who-were-almost-james-bond/ar-BBResEi?ocid=spartanntp

Currently Cavill still gets my vote
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Mine too.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Of this list, for me, by far, Hugh Jackman is the biggest missed opportunity. He's an extremely talented actor who could have recalled the charm of Moore and surpassed the physicality and brutality of Craig; few actors have the range to pull this off.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Of this list, for me, by far, Hugh Jackman is the biggest missed opportunity. He's an extremely talented actor who could have recalled the charm of Moore and surpassed the physicality and brutality of Craig; few actors have the range to pull this off.
    Agreed! I still find it hard to understand how this grumpy Monster from X-Men could look so youthful and harmless in Kate and Leopold and then have such a magnificent singing voice at the Oscars.

And as far as “too fey”, watch the bathroom interrogation in Prisoners.

Totally agree. Ideally I think he'd be a better choice than Craig too – and he still looks like he could jump straight into the role at age 50.

Cavill still looks the ideal candidate to me right now – in the looks department at least.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 5,185
    For the people suggesting Chris Hemsworth as Bond. It looks like he has just submitted his first 'audition tape':
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I remember watching the first Xmen at the cinema never having seen Jackman previously, he totally stole the movie and really was a raw Eastwood like presence, he would have been a great Bond.
    00Agent wrote: »
    For the people suggesting Chris Hemsworth as Bond. It looks like he has just submitted his first 'audition tape':
    I also thought that, @00Agent. He does look damn good there, and so does his suit.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 5,185
    I also thought that, @00Agent. He does look damn good there, and so does his suit.

I gotta say he does have something in that trailer. I'm just not sure if that's something that everyone will want to see.

Other than that i can't get over the fact how much this movie looks like a Bond rip off. Hemswoths is pretty much Bond in everything but the name here.
    Odd Job's Bond is definitely tailored after Chris Hemsworth, I'd say. The similarities between that comic and this film do have somewhat of a striking resemblance. :D
    Odd Job's Bond is definitely tailored after Chris Hemsworth, I'd say. The similarities between that comic and this film do have somewhat of a striking resemblance. :D

Interesting thought. I will re-read it over christmas, with that in mind.
    Concerning Hemsworth, I noted in the Coming soon to cinemas near you! topic:

"He is very high on my list of potential Bonds . One of the criticisms is that he’s too , physically, big; here, he’s dropped weight and look great in a suit, which, Craig should note the tailoring."

IMO, the one looking the most Bondian in that trailer is Liam Neeson.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    I have a feeling the next Bond is Jack Lowden. Just something in my gut.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Jackman would have been a better Bond than Craig? Typical of Brosnan fans to think this.

Personally I think that is utter bollocks!
    Talk about remaining on the high horse and passing judgment. Typical of some other fans to think that.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 7,978
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Jackman would have been a better Bond than Craig? Typical of Brosnan fans to think this.

Personally I think that is utter bollocks!

Absolutely, he could have been is equal, possibly better. As I pointed out, from a physical standpoint he surpasses Craig; he's taller and excels at demanding physical action and brutal fights.
    As actors they are equal but Jackman is far stronger with lighter material and could have handled traditional quips with greater, natural charm.

Oh, and I prefer Craig to Brosnan; I have him right behind Connery in my rankings.

• edited December 2018 Posts: 1,661
    Casting the next Bond actor is simple. All he has to do is capture this music vibe on screen:

Every wannabe Bond actor should play that music whilst looking in the mirror and doing their Bond impersonation. If they can nail the Bond swagger from that music - they've got a chance!

(and if Babs fancies them - that helps!) :P

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Don t think I would even bother watching if they cast him.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited December 2018 Posts: 6,724
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Casting the next Bond actor is simple. All he has to do is capture this music vibe on screen:

Ah, one of the first Bond remixes I listened to. Probably the best. Just terrific. Used to play Tetris to it.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Aidan doesn't approve, sorry gents

1453375194-410669551cc3ef874bba571c4ebfceec-600x790.jpg
    800x10007.jpg
    ...also high on my list of candidates
    Still my number one candidate so far.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited December 2018 Posts: 1,318
    ...also high on my list of candidates

Read that a few times *high five* @talos7 :)
    Univex wrote: »
    Still my number one candidate so far.

*high five* @Univex , read that as well :)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    If you think Aidan looks the part now, wait until 2022 and 2023, when he is nearing 40. He will be absolutely perfect.
    If you think Aidan looks the part now, wait until 2022 and 2023, when he is nearing 40. He will be absolutely perfect.

True.