Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

RC7 wrote: »
    The bedroom scene at the Atlantic - he looks the absolute nuts.
    One of the best scenes in the series. And Bond never looked more...well...Bondian.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Oooh, I very much disagree about the talking. Brosnan talking is just fine. His problem was that he too often appeared to be acting, instead of acting natural. That´s also why I like GE the most, he´s closest there to his established Remington Steele persona, which suited him excellently, unlike the attempts at being more cynical or seasoned or whatever in his other Bond films.
    As for Craig, every time I watch Layer Cake, in which he talks quite a lot comparatively, I direly miss him talking more in the last two Bond films. Talking suits Craig well.

You're probably right about the talking thing. It's just that I think they are both very physical actors. They think and elaborate on how to walk and stand and it shows and it works rather well. One, Craig, being more natural and panther like. The other, like a fluid stylish dancer.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Goldeneye0094, that's already being discussed here:

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/18458/bond-25-actor-who-would-make-a-good-main-villain/p1

Doesn't really belong in this thread, as it's reserved for those who would be good to play 007 himself.
    Oh I didn't know that my apologies @Creasy47
    Oh I didn't know that my apologies @Creasy47

No worries, just making sure you're directed to the right place with the Production Timeline being temporarily closed.
  • Henry Cavill will no longer play Superman. Will him and his beautiful face now join the 007 franchise?
    MV5BMTUxNTExMzUzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTI1MjA3OTE@._V1_.jpg
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/henry-cavill-as-superman-warner-bros-dc-universe-shake-up-1142306?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR Breaking News_2018-09-12 06:55:00_ehayden&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_breakingnews

Considering that a delay is likely and that the series could possibly reboot in 2020. Could we possibly be looking at the Cavill-era beginning soon?
  • RC7RC7
    Let’s hope not.
    Likely due in part by him joining Netflix's The Witcher series. I could see him inching closer to play Bond, but honestly at this point who knows what in the hell is going on.
    Fine by me if he did.
  • I hope so. Cavill could bring back some much needed levity, and with enthusiasm for the role stick around for a while.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2018 Posts: 23,883
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Fine by me if he did.
    MooreFun wrote: »
    I hope so. Cavill could bring back some much needed levity, and with enthusiasm for the role stick around for a while.
    Agreed. He's not my #1 pick, but I'd fine with him.
  • The general gist seems to be that Cavill wasn’t working with Warners’ new direction. There’s a suggestion in Deadline’s article that they want Michael B Jordan to play the new Superman…..which will trigger American viewers for sure.

I think it’s very unlikely that Cavill will get Bond now. He didn’t quit the role of Superman, he was let go. For a studio to happily loose the lead actor in their franchise and to effectively can that franchise and focus on a spin-off (Supergirl), then that is quite the kiss of death.

We all knew Henry Cavill wasn’t a leading man, Warner firing him is confirmation that they don’t see him in that light anymore either.

Why would Eon hire someone to lead their franchise now following this?

Though, once again I feel obliged to state that Henry Cavill is so beautiful.
    It would depend very much on how well the producers and directors grasp what Cavill is capable of and what he is not capable of.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    My response to this news:
    The general gist seems to be that Cavill wasn’t working with Warners’ new direction. There’s a suggestion in Deadline’s article that they want Michael B Jordan to play the new Superman…..which will trigger American viewers for sure.

I think it’s very unlikely that Cavill will get Bond now. He didn’t quit the role of Superman, he was let go. For a studio to happily loose the lead actor in their franchise and to effectively can that franchise and focus on a spin-off (Supergirl), then that is quite the kiss of death.

We all knew Henry Cavill wasn’t a leading man, Warner firing him is confirmation that they don’t see him in that light anymore either.

Another good reason why cavill will never be bond
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 3,333
    The general gist seems to be that Cavill wasn’t working with Warners’ new direction. There’s a suggestion in Deadline’s article that they want Michael B Jordan to play the new Superman…..which will trigger American viewers for sure.

The general gist is that contract talks broke down between Cavill’s representatives and Warners. The article even states that Warners had been trying to enlist Cavill for a Superman cameo in Shazam! But contract talks between Cavill's WME reps and Warners broke down, and the door is now closing on other potential Superman appearances. The rest of your comments are just personal opinions, skewed to fit in with your own narrative that Cavill is unsuitable for Bond. If I skim back a few dozen pages, you were claiming that Cavill could’nt be Bond because he was Superman. Now that it looks likely that he’s no longer going to be playing the Man of Steel, it’s now deemed that he’s not good enough for the role and subsequently spoiled goods, which of course is complete and utter nonsense. You’re putting your own PR spin on it, just like the suits at the studio would do when an actor is unwilling to commit himself to further their cause. I’ve read the Deadline article, and nowhere does it say that Cavill was being let go. Bottom line, Cavill was coming to the end of his Superman contract and the studio, as they’re entitled to do, we’re considering other options. That’s show business.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    bondsum wrote: »

The general gist is that contract talks broke down between Cavill’s representatives and Warners. The article even states that Warners had been trying to enlist Cavill for a Superman cameo in Shazam! But contract talks between Cavill's WME reps and Warners broke down, and the door is now closing on other potential Superman appearances. The rest of your comments are just personal opinions, skewed to fit in with your own narrative that Cavill is unsuitable for Bond. If I skim back a few dozen pages, you were claiming that Cavill could’nt be Bond because he was Superman. Now that it looks likely that he’s no longer going to be playing the Man of Steel, it’s now deemed that he’s not good enough for the role and subsequently spoiled goods, which is of course is complete and utter nonsense. You’re putting your own PR spin on it, just like the suits at the studio would do when an actor is unwilling to commit himself to further their cause.
    +1. Thank you.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    +2
  • mattjoesmattjoes It's Neil Connery's world, we're just living in it.
    +3
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    +4
    edited September 2018 Posts: 40,615
    +5. Seems a stretch to assume Cavill wouldn't play Bond because he couldn't "lead" as Superman. Craig's box office/ratings have pretty much dominated throughout the Bond era, despite him finding no raging success in non-Bond-related films as the leading man.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    @Pierce2Daniel Honestly just the idea of rebooting in 2020 sounds good, whether it's Turner, Cavill or Hardy.
  • +6.

Hardy's too old already, aside from being too thuggish. People need to let him go.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Be peaceful, the cape is still in his closet. @wbpictures has been and continues to be our partners as they evolve the DC Universe. Anticipate a WB statement later today.

This is from Cavill's agent on Twitter. It's not over yet.

P.S. As long as there's Barbara, Cavill will never get the role.
    Slightly off-topic, but I've never understood the popularity of the Superman character. What a bore! I've seen comments comparing Cavill to a block of wood (which might be the case in some films – I've only seen him in a few) – but the Superman character will make anyone look like one.
    Better have a block of wood, than a sappy BBC soap opera actor.

Who?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2018 Posts: 4,343
    In M:I Fallout Henry Cavill's acting is so wooden, so flat. He's just handsome.

Nope... I would definitely choose Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton or Pierce Brosnan over a block of wood like Henry Cavill. ;)
    matt_u wrote: »
    In M:I Fallout Henry Cavill's acting is so wooden, so lazy. He's just handsome.

Nope... I would definitely choose Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton or Pierce Brosnan over a block of wood like Henry Cavill. ;)
    That is your opinion. And I can't recall Moore, Dalton and Brosnan being sappy BBC Drama soap opera actors. Unless you correct me.