Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2018 Posts: 4,343
    matt_u wrote: »
    In M:I Fallout Henry Cavill's acting is so wooden, so lazy. He's just handsome.
    Better have a block of wood, than a sappy BBC soap opera actor.

Nope... I would definitely choose Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton or Pierce Brosnan over a block of wood like Henry Cavill. ;)
    That is your opinion. And I can't recall Moore, Dalton and Brosnan being sappy BBC Drama soap opera actors. Unless you correct me.

Uhm, yes, I know that's my opinion.

Moore got used to the role from TSWLM and his first two outings were pretty disappointing. In his last, sometimes he was just embarrassing. Dalton has always been a B-series actor. Brosnan, well, there's a reason why he wasn't able to give to the role a personal mark as strong as Connery, Craig and Moore. Just my opinion.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

Nope... I would definitely choose Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton or Pierce Brosnan over a block of wood like Henry Cavill. ;)
    That is your opinion. And I can't recall Moore, Dalton and Brosnan being sappy BBC Drama soap opera actors. Unless you correct me.

Moore got used to the role from TSWLM and his first two outings were pretty disappointing. In his last, sometimes he was just embarrassing. Dalton has always been a B-series actor. Brosnan, well, there's a reason why he wasn't able to give to the role a personal mark as strong as Connery, Craig and Moore. Just my opinion.

"Sappy BBC Drama soap opera actors".

You still haven't replied to my point you were trying to counter. I'll wait.

Oh Gosh, it was an hyperbole. Just like yours, I hope. BTW tell me, do you consider Craig a sappy BBC drama soap opera actor?

tumblr_mo5ar1oBfC1qa45c1o1_500_zps8osfbfq9.gif~c200

Oh Gosh, it was an hyperbole. Just like yours, I hope. BTW tell me, do you consider Craig a sappy BBC drama soap opera actor?
    No. I was referring to the choices on this thread like Jack O'Connell, James Norton, Harry Styles and Nicholas Hoult who are apparently far more superior to fit the tone of Bond as "actors" than Henry "Block of Wood" Cavill.

tumblr_mo5ar1oBfC1qa45c1o1_500_zps8osfbfq9.gif~c200

:)

But I still love his two outings.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Brosnan, well, there's a reason why he wasn't able to give to the role a personal mark as strong as Connery, Craig and Moore. Just my opinion.
    This, also, couldn't be more misleading. Brosnan left a large amount of impact on the audience during his tenure and brought a whole new generation of fans to the series while playing as the face of a big franchise. Many Brosnan detractors love to just rewrite history the way they see fit, when in reality, Brosnan was key to recruiting new audiences to the Bond crowd the way Craig did not manage. Sure, one would argue Craig's films brought a lot of money, but Bond on a commercial line is nowhere near what used to be during Brosnan's tenure. Alas, not a lot of youngsters nowadays are interested in Bond or talk about it the way they used to, fifteen years ago. Only a couple of loud minorities here would love to deny that.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 4,343
    Brosnan, well, there's a reason why he wasn't able to give to the role a personal mark as strong as Connery, Craig and Moore[/b]. Just my opinion.
    Brosnan was key to recruiting new audiences to the Bond crowd the way Craig did not manage.

Speaking about rewriting history.

BTW I was speaking about how he wasn't able to make the character more personal, more Brosnan and less a Connery remake for the Nineties. He also publicly spoke about this frustrations.
    Brosnan, well, there's a reason why he wasn't able to give to the role a personal mark as strong as Connery, Craig and Moore[/b]. Just my opinion.
    Brosnan was key to recruiting new audiences to the Bond crowd the way Craig did not manage.
    Prove me wrong.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited September 2018 Posts: 45,489
    Michael B Jordan was one of the absolutely worst casting decisions in both Fantastic Four and Black Panther. Let s have him ruin Superman as well.

Edit: I realize it s the wrong thread, it s a reaction to a post on the previous page.
  • matt_u wrote: »

BTW I was speaking about how he wasn't able to make the character more personal, more Brosnan and less a Connery remake for the Nineties. He also publicly spoke about this frustrations.

Craig's era has largely marked the end of the licensing schemes. A series of mediocre video games, which ended years ago, no toys, no extra items to bring in younger fans. The fanbase is aging and Craig's films aren't helping.
    MooreFun wrote: »

Craig's era has largely marked the end of the licensing schemes. A series of mediocre video games, which ended years ago, no toys, no extra items to bring in younger fans. The fanbase is aging and Craig's films aren't helping.
    +1. Thank you!
    Hey the games were good I liked 4 out of 5 of them (the ps2 and 360 versions of Quantum of Solace were extremely different)
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    The Brosnan games were great!
    Hope the next Bond era will bring that Element back.
    00Agent wrote: »
    A lot of members here are clearly against it. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Time to trigger them. :D =))
    TQxE90il.jpg
    Murdock wrote: »
    Time to trigger them. :D =))
    TQxE90il.jpg
    Captain Murdock saves the day! :))
  • RC7RC7
    He actually suits the role of generic video game Bond. It’s about his level.
    Without "generic video game Bond." We wouldn't have this masterpiece. =))
    603241.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Michael B Jordan was one of the absolutely worst casting decisions in both Fantastic Four and Black Panther.

You couldn't be more wrong.

He was actually the only good thing about that crappy F4ntastic 4 mess and he was great as Killmonger.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited September 2018 Posts: 13,912
    Well, the Brosnan era had all the elements to translate perfectly to games, the Craig era doesn't seem to have translated well to the video game medium. I long for the 2001-2002 days of Bond video games, but I just don't feel as if they will ever come back.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 1,661

Considering that a delay is likely and that the series could possibly reboot in 2020. Could we possibly be looking at the Cavill-era beginning soon?
    RC7 wrote: »
    Let’s hope not.

Heh. Harsh but to the point. :P

Henry Cavill might seem a bit old hat by the time Bond 26 goes into production. Assuming Eon hasn't sold up and Babs and MG aren't living the high life on some remote island, they'll probably go for a fresher face? Having said that Craig wasn't a new actor when he got the part. Broccoli preferred Craig to Cavill back in 2005 so history may repeat itself in the future. Cavill may be in the race but not take first place.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Why would Eon hire someone to lead their franchise now following this?
    Because he's a safe choice that would serve their purposes and do what they wanted.

• edited September 2018 Posts: 1,661
    Now that Henry has left Superman I think we can expect endless interviews where he says "I can play the role of James Bond because I'm no longer Superman!"

:P

We know Henry can't stop talking about Bond. When he wakes up in the morning the first thing on his mind is the b word.

No, not breakfast.

BOND!!!!!!

giphy.gif

With good writing, He would be a great Bond. It's not his fault the DCU sucked.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2018 Posts: 40,611
    I've done a complete flip-flop on him as Bond, I'd be all for it. Him dropping out of playing Superman makes it a greater possibility, as I don't see The Witcher taking up much time at all.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I've done a complete flip-flop on him as Bond, I'd be all for it. Him dropping out of playing Superman makes it a greater possibility, as I don't see The Witcher taking up much time at all.

Precisely. :-bd

The Bond films sure needs some proper writing. It's not only the casting they need to get right.

The Bond films sure needs some proper writing. It's not only the casting they need to get right.

That is very true.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

The script is where it begins and ends. You can get the best actors and throw hundreds of millions of dollars at the production, but if the script is trash, there isn't much salvation in store.