Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

Members need to stop comparing Bond in the novels to Bond in the films,they are totally different entities.

barryt007 wrote: »
    Members need to stop comparing Bond in the novels to Bond in the films,they are totally different entities.

Yet both characters have the same name, same job, similar drinking and eating habits, they both seduce women in a fairly high number, both have similar tastes... Oh and the movies were originally adapted from the novels at some point. But otherwise yes totally different entities.
    Ludovico wrote: »

Yet both characters have the same name, same job, similar drinking and eating habits, they both seduce women in a fairly high number, both have similar tastes... Oh and the movies were originally adapted from the novels at some point. But otherwise yes totally different entities.[/quote]

Good !
    Glad we agree.
    Well yes if we can ignore completely the source material which I don't think we can.
    Well yes if we can ignore completely the source material which I don't think we can.

Come on,put back mind into it.

Come on,put back mind into it.

Well it's called source material for a reason.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    If they dont recast now( which it seems like they wont) it means that when daniel doesnt come back for 26 ( because he shouldnt) it will be another massive 4 year wait most probably.
    If they dont recast now( which it seems like they wont) it means that when daniel doesnt come back for 26 ( because he shouldnt) it will be another massive 4 year wait most probably.

Good. Maybe we can have a decent pool of potential successors.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well, first off, Daniel is back anyway (which you're all discussing in the production thread anyway) for one more film, so here we can discuss who'll play Bond in 2021(+)

Second, the career Bond had in the novels is highly unlikely now, as he joined the military after dropping out of school and lying about his age. Also, in war, making promotion is easier. He could still dso it nowedays (dropping out of school) but it's highly unlikely he'd climb through the ranks that quickly.

So starting as double-oh he should at least be in his (early) thirties, and he could basically go on 'till his mid-fifties (most military have a pension age around 50-55) because you're considered not fit enough.

With movie magic you can obviously stretch it, depending on the actor probably to around 58ish.

Seeing the covers he's used, as account manager for an international firm, banker, teacher (ok, that one is irrellevant), high stakes gambler, one would expect him to be a bit seasoned.

So, next Bond should be at least in his thirties in 2021.
    Better than happy about Craig returning I'm reassured.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    MV5BMTc0MjIxNzc0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTkzNDIz._V1_UX
    He will be at least 57 in his first film. Too old, and can we really have a Bond with glasses?
    He will be at least 57 in his first film. Too old, and can we really have a Bond with glasses?

Surely he can wear contact lenses? Next Bond right here!

ebec4190c83736640f7a152420f08f30.jpg
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    A bit too American to my taste, but hell, he's been promised the job already. What can you do?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Nonsense. He's wearing a tuxedo, that's all I need to see. Colbert confirmed for B26.
    Plus he has dank hair and Looks like Fleming. Give the man a piep and there you go
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yep, and next up, Jimmy Kimmel! That guy oozes humour. Bondian style. ;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Lets at least keep Bond British, shall we?

wp-on-alan-carr-blackpool-illuminations-switch-on.jpg

Right, we have to keep it British!

299851_1.jpg
    @Creasy47 you just pissed off David Beckham.

I pissed myself off by Googling James Corden's face. Painfully unfunny individual.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I pissed myself off by Googling James Corden's face. Painfully unfunny individual.
    Agreed. We have our American equivalents to him, as well.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    As age doesnt seem to be of concern any longer we should just get brosnan back
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 2,081

He really is. I tried watching his show once...

Yes, all those try-hards on talks shows... Colbert is actually good, but most of them are bloody awful and pretty embarrassing to watch.

edited August 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Tuulia wrote: »

He really is. I tried watching his show once...

Yes, the try-hards on talks shows, for instance. Colbert is actually good, but most of them are bloody awful and pretty embarrassing to watch.
    Oh Colbert is good. I wasn't arguing with that, even though his political talks are really something I find cringe worthy. But, I try to ignore that. As a comedian with great humour, he's great.

Patton Oswalt is one of the likes that I was referring to, who's pretty much the American version of James Corden. Both unfunny people.
    I'm only familiar with Patton Oswald by name, so no comment, but if he's anything like Corden, then he's gotta be bad.
    Oops. I take that back. Just saw this and figured Patton Oswalt is okay. ;)

Tuulia wrote: »
    Oops. I take that back. Just saw this and figured Patton Oswalt is okay. ;)

Off topic but hilarious.
    Trust me. That must be as funny as he'd get. ;)
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited August 2017 Posts: 4,312
    Bond in the 23rd century: