Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

I've been told the books are really bad, too... One would certainly think the sequels will bomb, but apparently they think otherwise since they're making 2 more movies.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I have a friend who's the manager of a large cinema complex and he said the
    audience for 50 shades was old married women ?
    How would he know these "old" women were married?
    It's just an expression, I'm certain many were also spinsters :D
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Delete

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Yes, I hope. Right now, he has made it impossible for himself to come back with any credibility. Too much of his own talk and too much of press crap.

As for Dorman - come on - he really is not very attrractive. He almost sank the first Fifty film. Every underwear model is more attractive and could do that job better.

Mmm i have a small theory that all this crap is just because the press wants fresh meat for Bond. Yes Craig has been great but now they just want a new guy and every single thing is an excuse to prove we will get a new Bond.
    For anyone who is not a Craig fan is exciting the news of a new Bond Actor, its novelty it has a mystery in it.

As for Dornan well he is attractive and seems tonbe liked by most woman so he would bring the girls into the franchise but im not crazy about him either and well Jamie was an underwear model.
    Well, underwear modelling is only seen as a negative thing when men do it. For some reason it somehow makes men less "manly" while for women it's just oh, she's hot, can we have her as a Bond girl... Funny that...
    It's just an expression, I'm certain many were also spinsters :D

People still use that word? Oh... And I very much doubt old women would go see that movie, but obviously "old" is a relative concept.
    Well let's say MILFs ;)
    Geez...
    :)) let me know what term pleases you. Then you can control all my arguments and
    Expressions. >:)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I thought the title was supposed to hint to what kind of audience they were aiming for....
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Shades will bomb big time. You don't need no crystal ball to know that. People went out of interest for the books, but were disappointed. No2 nobody will go see.

I thought the film was not great (watched on DVD). But it made over £500m at the box office. Number 2 will make money whether it is crap or not. I gather the books were poorly written anyhow, so the film follows suit. I'd prefer Dorman over Turner though.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Ed Skrein's name came up earlier in this thread.

I am liking him more and more as a good fit for Bond. He is a perfect mixture of rugged and suave.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    He strikes me as more of the henchman type.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Agreed. Skrein is more of a henchman type. Although, I did like him as Francis Freeman/Ajax and a younger incarnation of Frank Martin/The Transporter.

But, I have the same issues with him as with Tom Hardy when it comes to Bond.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    TripAces wrote: »

I am liking him more and more as a good fit for Bond. He is a perfect mixture of rugged and suave.

Seriously? Just not getting people 'choice' for Bond these days. Maybe I'm getting too old.

Seriously? Just not getting people 'choice' for Bond these days. Maybe I'm getting too old.
    My exact feelings about Tom Hughes being suggested as Bond... Lol!
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

My exact feelings about Tom Hughes being suggested as Bond... Lol!

Aagh! that blade went in deep! Each to their own.
    Hardy is a far better actor than Skrein though.
    Agreed. Skrein is more of a henchman type. Although, I did like him as Francis Freeman/Ajax and a younger incarnation of Frank Martin/The Transporter.

But, I have the same issues with him as with Tom Hardy when it comes to Bond.

Which I don't get as in Inception Hardy is essentially playing Connery's bond through out most of the film... And it works beautifully

Like I said to me Tom Hardy Looks and would act like Connery's bond suave but cocky and definitly brutual.

Hiddleston of course would be in the Moore/Brosnan vein of suave and sophisticated but a little less brutual

Fassbender would be on the level of Dalton and Early Craig Dark and brutual.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Hardy's acting is spot on. Plus very physical and intimidating.

I think what bothers some is that Hardy has more of a brutish look about him and that he is a shorter actor.

I'm torn to be honest. I like Hardy but I miss the more traditional look.

And I don't mean that as an insult to Hardy.
    Sorry, @Risico007, I just don't get that vibe from Hardy. It's not only playing it, it's also looking the part. He doesn't look it. And neither does Skrein. I'll cut Hiddleston some slack, and Turner too to an extent, but the other suggestions are a big no from my angle.
    Sorry, @Risico007, I just don't get that vibe from Hardy. It's not only playing it, it's also looking the part. He doesn't look it. And neither does Skrein. I'll cut Hiddleston some slack, and Turner too to an extent, but the other suggestions are a big no from my angle.

Even Fassbender?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Hardy is a far better actor than Skrein though.

Skrein is five years younger. I don't know how much age comes into play, but Hardy would likely be 40 by the time he ever started filming.
    Risico007 wrote: »

Even Fassbender?
    I have very mixed feelings about Fassbender, sadly. Sometimes, it's a no. Other times, it's a yes. I have to see him in the role to make a final judgment.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    I have very mixed feelings about Fassbender, sadly. Sometimes, it's a no. Other times, it's a yes. I have to see him in the role to make a final judgment.

Fassbender is a definitive NO for me, for various reasons.
    There is no doubt about his acting ability or even his look, but i feel he would just continue Craigs Bond and i want a real change in direction for the series
    00Agent wrote: »

Fassbender is a definitive NO for me, for various reasons.
    There is no doubt about his acting ability or even his look, but i feel he would just continue Craigs Bond and i want a real change in direction for the series
    That, too. And about his looks... I sort of think, despite his definite great acting, he looks soft for Bond.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    According to BBC Newsbeat website James Norton is the new bookies favourite. Do we know anything about him? Any previous stuff of his worth watching?, or is he just another name to add to the list of fiction.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    cwl007 wrote: »
    According to BBC Newsbeat website James Norton is the new bookies favourite. Do we know anything about him? Any previous stuff of his worth watching?, or is he just another name to add to the list of fiction.

Sure hope so.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 1,661
    Looks like James' agent rang up the Daily Mail and said "please promote my actor. If you do, here's 5 grand!"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3679106/Female-fans-rally-James-Norton-Bond.html

Looks a bit like chef Jamie Oliver? Bond - licence to kill and make a damn fine meal. ;))