Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    bondsum wrote: »
    Yes, I wouldn't panic yet, @Mendes4Lyfe. Even if this meeting is true, they will still do a screen-test, and he will be one of the chosen 4 or 5 contenders that they will look closely at before making their final announcement. Though it's fair to say that the actor who will replace Craig (if this indeed happens on Bond 25) will have to keep it a secret for months before they finally have a big PR push.

My own hunch is Craig will step down and Craig's giving Eon plenty of time to find a replacement before he finally comes out and makes that statement so many here dread, possibly to coincide with the new 007 announcement. But that is just a hunch.

I really wanted Turner to complete the trinity, but I would have settled for a Hardy or Elba. Hiddleston is just adding insult to injury. He has nothing Bond about him, except looking handsome and can play charming English gent. That's less than 1% of what the Bond character is. I can just imagine him siping the martini, kissing the girl, and flying off with a jetpack he keeps hidden under his tux. You get the picture, suspenseless, stereotypical, superhero Bond. That's not what I wanted at all. At least with Elba you could say they are trying something gutsy, Hiddle is a complete "turtle hiding in shell" move. I never even considered him a possibility until now, EON WTF are you doing to this franchise?!
    Hiddleston would be fine, another Dalton really.

:-O
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,694
    Daniel Craig looked like this a few years before getting cast as Bond:

daniel_craig_long_hair.jpg

Everyone on these forums, even the current hardcore Craig fans, would have laughed at the idea of that guy above being James Bond.

So, who knows what Hidlestone, Turner and co will look like in 4/5 years time when Bond #7 is chosen.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

Just to be clear, I'll take Aidan any day, he'd be another Brosnan which would be fabulous.
    Just to "see" some faces here... >:)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Craig should've kept that hair for his entire run as 007.

Just to be clear, I'll take Aidan any day, he'd be another Brosnan which would be fabulous.
    Just to "see" some faces here... >:)

I think quite the opposite is true. Hiddlekins is a Brosnan and Turner is a Dalton. He shares that wolfish vibe with Dalts.
    Rumour has it P+W were inspired by Craig's look to create Silva.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,160
    Hopefully either Campbell or Arnold return so I actually have a reason to go. I just can't believe they have done this. EON WTF is going on??
    Hopefully either Campbell or Arnold return so I actually have a reason to go. I just can't believe they have done this. EON WTF is going on??

Is ANY word, people here are saying to you - in amazing patience, too - getting even close to your brain cells? Do they find ANY?
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 3,333
    That wasn't just before Craig was cast as Bond, @DaltonCraig007. That's a good 10 years before when he starred in Our Friends in the North.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Thanks for the correction, @bondsum! :)
  • RC7RC7
    Those toys need to go back in that pram. They're making a mess of the forum floor.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Those toys need to go back in that pram. They're making a mess of the forum floor.

That's easy for you to say, you got what you wanted. I'm just so depressed now. What happened EON??
  • RC7RC7

That's easy for you to say, you got what you wanted. I'm just so depressed now. What happened EON??

Stop acting the goat. It's boring and clogs up the thread.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Who s strangling the cat?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @Mendes4Lyfe, If you need someone to talk to while you go through this difficult time, we're all here for you mate.

Rest assured, nothing is confirmed yet, and we know EON likes to feed the rumours and play the game, so we will have to develop a thicker skin I think, as our favourites become more or less likely to be the next Bond.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 12,837
    Idris Elba is still my first choice but I'm aware that isn't very likely now.

If it is Hiddlestone I think he could be great. Didn't really see it before but after The Night Manager (well worth watching btw for anyone still on the fence) I'm completely sold.

I'm pretty much certain that Craig is gone. I could be wrong but I've thought ever since the leaked script that SP would be his last. If I'm right then I think it's a great ending for his version of the character and the film an amazing high note for him to go out on. It's up there with the Dalton films as one of my favourites of the series, if not my absoloute favourite.
    He could just be casting him for the Voyeur's Motel.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Hiddleston isn't my first choice but that's ok.

Mendes is what I'm extremely worried about.
    Don't make fun of @Mendes4Lyfe please.
    I can see why he passionately wants Aidan Turner to be Bond.
    Personally I'm torn between Hiddy and Turner.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Hiddleston isn't my first choice but that's ok.

Mendes is what I'm extremely worried about.
    Agreed. I'm actually presently worried about both Mendes'. The real one and his namesake on this site.
    Nonsense problems, all of it!
    Hiddleston as the next 007 is the only thing EON can do that makes sense.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,160
    Thank you @bondjames and @BondJasonBond006, kindness and understanding is not something one comes across too often on this forum. At least I don't, anyway. This 'news' has rather knocked me for six. Suddenly the prospect of Hiddleston playing Bond has become very real in a moment. I wasn't prepared for that. I'm still not quite sure what is going on to be honest.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I disagree with bringing Campbell back. His contribution as a director is the best thing to happen to the series in decades but going backwards is not the answer or solution. There's incredible talent out there in the world, I don't care if we have to pluck a director and writers from the back streets of Jerusalem or Astana EoN need to widen their search and broaden their creative pallet. As for who the 7th Bond actor will be, honestly I don't even care anymore until we get confirmation. All I care about is EoN having the balls to do something different regarding their creative process to bring these films back on track. The only thing that's annoyed me regarding Hiddleston meeting with Babs is the fact that Mendes was involved. I want him far removed from Bond as much as possible.
    @doubleoego
    Why?
    Didn't you like SF?
    Mendes has cloven hoofs.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @doubleoego
    Why?
    Didn't you like SF?

Some bits of it I liked but overall the film let me down.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Thank you @bondjames and @BondJasonBond006, kindness and understanding is not something one comes across too often on this forum. At least I don't, anyway. This 'news' has rather knocked me for six. Suddenly the prospect of Hiddleston playing Bond has become very real in a moment. I wasn't prepared for that. I'm still not quite sure what is going on to be honest.

Don't worry. Remember we don't even have screenwriter rumors or distributor rumors yet ...just up in air rumors and other project news.

If anybody EVER had no reason to complain its you. People treat you with silk gloves like I have never seen it before. Like a puppy, who would get hurt otherwise and that is probably so.