Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    They should get Martin Campbell if they want a creative consultant imho. He'd put them back on track, even if he doesn't direct.
    bondsum wrote: »
    I'm hoping you're right, @Creasy47. But it wouldn't be too far fetched a notion for Barbara Broccoli to involve Sam Mendes in early creative discussions for the role of 007, considering there is no director in place as of yet for the next Bond movie. He might be there at the meeting in the capacity of a creative consultant.

'Creative consultant' that basically sounds like 'director in waiting'
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If we are indeed getting a new director, they need to bring back Campbell. It'd be impeccable timing - before he's too old - and it lets him helm his third new Bond introduction in a row, for which (to me, anyway) he's 2/2 on.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The less involved Mendes is with any of it, the happier I'll be.

The less involved Hiddleston is, the happier I'll be.

I never truely believed that EON would get this desperate. The sky is falling right now. This had better be a hoax.

I never truely believed that EON would get this desperate. The sky is falling right now. This had better be a hoax.
    Don't worry it's probably misdirection. Your boy Turner and Elba are probably still the front runners.
    @Mendes4Lyfe, again, don't look into it like it's a factual confirmation just yet. At this point, it's nothing but another "source" rumor, and having Mendes involved in the rumor makes it a little less believable to me.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,159
    If we are indeed getting a new director, they need to bring back Campbell. It'd be impeccable timing - before he's too old - and it lets him helm his third new Bond introduction in a row, for which (to me, anyway) he's 2/2 on.

I agree with you there. Campbell should definitely return to complete the trilogy. That might be what makes having to stomach Hiddleston possible for me.

Jesus Christ EON what have you done?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I will believe it when he checks his cufflinks.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 3,333
    And yet Martin Campbell was involved as a creative consultant on CR when he wanted the screen-tested Henry Cavill over Daniel Craig for the role, as he felt the story was written for a younger Bond. He was overruled by Barbara Broccoli. I some how doubt Campbell will return to just get overruled again as much as I prefer Campbell over Mendes.

EDITED: I haven't seen the piece on the Turner meeting, as @tanaka123 points out.
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »

Don't worry it's probably misdirection. Your boy Turner and Elba are probably still the front runners.

Hiddleston is the favourite at the bookies.
    With how the Internet works in the year 2016, it doesn't matter who they pick - we'll still get to sift through all the negative comments and people writing off whoever they hire, before giving him a fair chance in the role; kind of like Craig as Bond, and look at how that turned out.
    And yet Martin Campbell was involved as a creative consultant on CR when he wanted the screen-tested Henry Cavill over Daniel Craig for the role, as he felt the story was written for a younger Bond.
    One of his rare missteps in the series.
    I some how doubt Campbell will return to just get overruled again as much as I prefer Campbell over Mendes.
    That's a good point. It's all about relationships, and Mendes/Craig seem to have Babs ear no matter how any of them may screw up.
    A rare misstep, indeed. I'm very happy that Cavill never got the role.
    I've just done a little search for this Aidan Turner so-called meeting and it seems a little odd that they would fly him all the way out to LA for a meeting with the producers when Barbara Broccoli and Eon are based in the UK. The only glimmer of a rumour comes from his absence at the Broadcasting Press Guild awards in London last week when Poldark producer Karen Thrussell teased: "I am sure it is nothing to do with James Bond, but we will see..."
    Hiddleston is just Moore turned up to eleven, how is it so hard to see??

EON WTF?! You f#cked up big time on this one. What happened, I just don't understand. Why EON?? Why??

Eurgh, what's the point. It's hopeless.

EON WTF?! You f#cked up big time on this one. What happened, I just don't understand. Why EON?? Why??

So in your eyes it is confirmed?

So in your eyes it is confirmed?

Probably.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I'm pretty sure The Night Manager has effectively made Hiddleston the next Bond like Layer Cake was the reason Craig became Bond.
    It is also probably confirmed that Queen Elizabeth is a lizard and rules the world.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,159
    I'm pretty sure The Night Manager has effectively made Hiddleston the next Bond like Layer Cake was the reason Craig became Bond.

Please no, EON. Please no this be the case. EON!!
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,601
    delete

It's still redeemable if Campbell and Arnold return. It could just be a case like OHMSS, where the Bond actor is the weakest part. I just can't believe it. I can't believe EON would do this. WTF?!
    edited May 2016 Posts: 40,562
    It's still redeemable if Campbell and Arnold return. It could just be a case like OHMSS, where the Bond actor is the weakest part. I just can't believe it. I can't believe EON would do this. WTF?!

Again, it's a "source" article, and we've had dozens of these over the last few months. No need to jump to conclusions and lose your head just yet.
    Oh for goodness' sakes...
    Tuulia wrote: »

LOL, its like talking to a child. I can't imagine him being something else really.

Yes, I wouldn't panic yet, @Mendes4Lyfe. Even if this meeting is true, they will still do a screen-test, and he will be one of the chosen 4 or 5 contenders that they will look closely at before making their final announcement. Though it's fair to say that the actor who will replace Craig (if this indeed happens on Bond 25) will have to keep it a secret for months before they finally have a big PR push.

My own hunch is Craig will step down and Craig's giving Eon plenty of time to find a replacement before he finally comes out and makes that statement so many here dread, possibly to coincide with the new 007 announcement. But that is just a hunch.
    I'm sure we'll know who the new actor is before an official announcement. These types of things never seem to stay secret for too long; just look at the new Han Solo casting that was all but confirmed weeks before.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Tuulia wrote: »

LOL, its like talking to a child. I can't imagine him being something else really.

I almost wish Hiddleston gets confirmed.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Yes, I wouldn't panic yet, @Mendes4Lyfe. Even if this meeting is true, they will still do a screen-test, and he will be one of the chosen 4 or 5 contenders that they will look closely at before making their final announcement. Though it's fair to say that the actor who will replace Craig (if this indeed happens on Bond 25) will have to keep it a secret for months before they finally have a big PR push.

My own hunch is Craig will step down and Craig's giving Eon plenty of time to find a replacement before he finally comes out and makes that statement so many here dread, possibly to coincide with the new 007 announcement. But that is just a hunch.
    Agreed completely. Hiddle is just one of many who are being considered (although I think he already did his screen test convincingly for the world with The Night Manager) and any announcement of a new actor will be coordinated with Craig's blessing and knowledge imho.
    I'm sure we'll know who the new actor is before an official announcement. These types of things never seem to stay secret for too long; just look at the new Han Solo casting that was all but confirmed weeks before.
    Agreed. We will know before hand, just like there was that photo that cropped up with Craig and Brosnan before the final announcement (I believe).

55215826-pierce-brosnan-and-daniel-craig-attend-the-gq-wireimage.jpg?v=2&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=OCUJ5gVf7YdJQI2Xhkc2QJ0JDM2_I8OTZZ53IQ5Cp3Y2uHfwSf6HvSEYX_q3qKYD0

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Hiddleston would be fine, another Dalton really.