Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

Yes but Turner has already been in contact with EON for over a month. They have probably taken his measurements by now.

Do you think he has a bullet with Craig's name on it?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Nooooooooooo!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yes but Turner has already been in contact with EON for over a month. They have probably taken his measurements by now.

Here's hoping said measurements don't result in an ill-fitting faux pas.
    We will see what happens like i said I still am not sold on Spectre being Craig's final film especially when for an actor of his calabare there are still 2 stories that very much have the dramatic meat he would want in the role
    Specifically dealing with the loss of Swann and wanting full on revenge like You Only Live Twice.. I still feel Quantum of Solace was esssentially the novel of Live and Let Die brought to life rather then You Only Live twice..

and the being brainwashed and having to take on an impossible mission to prove your wirth ala The Man with the Gold gun

both would be intersting and both would allow Craig to well Act and show off his dramatic range plus the nice salary and perks of making out with the most beautiful women in the world and travel to amazing locations yeah If craig walks away I will be shocked

like I said i think 2 more with Craig to wrap up the blofeld spectre story line then bring on Hiddleston who at that point will be later 30's early 40's and be able to handle a trilogy of films directed by Chris Nolan (ok hear me out Nolan would direct the films only the writing would still largely be done by credible writers... sigh if we were having this conversation in 2010 everyone would love a trilogy of Nolan films now it's essentially like saying Zack Snyder should direct bond or the directors of You me and Dupree)
    edited May 2016 Posts: 11,139
    You always know how to put a smile on my face :\">

As for Craig coming back for 2 more films, keep dreaming. We'll be lucky if he comes back for one more. :\">
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,160
    doubleoego wrote: »
    As for Craig coming back for 2 more films, keep dreaming. We'll be lucky if he comes back for one more. :\">

I agree, utter madness.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    It's a shame that now that EON would stick with an actor for a longer period of time, they have an actor that always complains after each film that he is done.

I hope Bond actor No 7 will know what luck he has and be a bit more thankful and stay for as long as possible.

If you look at the way Brosnan and Dalton have aged and how they are still brilliant if not even better than before then Daniel Craig could as well be at his best maybe with 55.

I really hope he will change and realise how great it would be to do another 3 movies up to 2023 or possibly longer.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    You know? Of all the actors that have been candidates in the past, my biggest regret was not being able to see Clive Owen as Bond in at least one film. In my opinion, he was a missed opportunity.

HYPsm5M.jpg

I'm sure, if I'm remembering rightly, that Owen ruled himself out and said he had no interest in playing James Bond.
    He wasn't approached, unlike the claims the media has made.

Yes he wasn't and he said he wasn't interested.

I wasn t approached by Jessica Alba either, and I am not interested.
    Pierce Brosnan had her, though. I figure that's why you're not interested? ;)

Lol, there is no onscreen evidence he had Jessica, we never watched a love scene between them.
    Sure he had Salma but Jessica???

To be fair, DC was more that 'that blonde guy from Tomb Raider' in 2004.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    They probably will have to give Craig something more meaty to do if he is to return.

I could be wrong, but I think he's more interested (and quite frankly more comfortable) in dramatic acting work than playing the Bond 'we all know and love', which I get the distinct impression he feels is almost beneath him.
    bondjames wrote: »
    They probably will have to give Craig something more meaty to do if he is to return.

I could be wrong, but I think he's more interested (and quite frankly more comfortable) in dramatic acting work than playing the Bond 'we all know and love', which I get the distinct impression he feels is almost beneath him.

To be fair to him, it does appear he was upfront about that from the start with BB and MGW. Although from interviews on Spectre he talks about how keen he was to weave the 'we all know and love' elements back in the films gradually.

Definitely but most people didn't even know the man existed.

True except those who had seen Layer Cake, Road to Perdition, Sylvia, Elizabeth etc.
    They may have seen him but they likely didn't know him if you know what I mean.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Funny thing is I can see Craig going the way of Dalton, at least in the US, given his lackluster film output over the last few years. Oh, there's that chap who used to play James Bond, rather than oh, there's Daniel Craig.

True except those who had seen Layer Cake, Road to Perdition, Sylvia, Elizabeth etc.

Exactly, barely anyone.
    They may have seen him but they likely didn't know him if you know what I mean.

Yes, I know, I'm in agreement with you.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I knew Craig from 'Tomb Raider' and 'Layer Cake' before his announcement/seeing CR, but even then, it's not like there was a whole lot to judge him off of (minus his 'Layer Cake' role, which was damn good and a nice indicator for how he may tackle playing 007.)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,694
    I remember seeing 'Layer Cake' DVD's in stores in early october 2005. Didn't know anything about the film so I went to check other stuff. The very next day that Craig was confirmed as Bond, stores here added a sticker to the 'Layer Cake' DVD's, that said 'Featuring Daniel Craig, the new James Bond 007', which made me to buy a copy pronto. Quickly became one of my favorite films.
    Robert De Niro would have made a great Bond.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Robert De Niro would have made a great Bond.
    MFw3dNz.png
    He he, exactly.
    Aidan Turner would really be a good choice for Bond if you guys just gave him a look-see.
    EXCLUSIVE: Tom Hiddleston spotted in 'meeting with director Sam Mendes and producer Barbara Broccoli'... fuelling speculation he's set to play James Bond...

I'd still prefer Aidan Turner myself, but maybe those wanting Hiddy will get their wish.

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3586994/Tom-Hiddleston-spotted-meeting-director-Sam-Mendes-producer-Barbara-Broccoli-Soho-House-fuelling-speculation-s-set-play-007.html

Why would Mendes be part of this meeting at all? Yet another "source" article. I'll believe it when I see it.
    EON WTF!! How could you do this?? I'm genuinely nonpuzzled by this move.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Just saw episode 4 of The Night Manager a few nights back.

When Tom as Pine walks over and closes the deal at the business meeting in Madrid (with Laurie's Roper looking on approvingly) all I could see was Bond.

Still, this is too good to be true and his career is on the rise as it is - he doesn't need Bond. I'll believe it when there's something more concrete out there.
    EON WTF!! How could you do this?? I'm genuinely nonpuzzled by this move.

Calm down, they also reportedly met with Turner too.
    I'm hoping you're right, @Creasy47. But it wouldn't be too far fetched a notion for Barbara Broccoli to involve Sam Mendes in early creative discussions for the role of 007, considering there is no director in place as of yet for the next Bond movie. He might be there at the meeting in the capacity of a creative consultant.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 40,562
    The less involved Mendes is with any of it, the happier I'll be.