Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• cwl007cwl007 England
    Alexander Skarrsgard looks the part, can do 'dark', pretty good in fight scenes, interesting actor. Yep I'm of to the bookies.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Still toss up for me ...Hiddy or Hardy. Hardy would be probably be more popular in NA.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Tom Hardy would be a real coup as he would get no opposition, the social networks would create a month long candy storm.

He is probably in the same position now that Moore was in 1970 and Brosnan was in 1994.

His age would be no problem (he'll be 40 in 2017) as he looks hot as hell and probably will for a long time.
    2018/2020/2023/2025 would be the years to go for his 4 movies.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I think both are too established.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    No, no. Aidan Turner is the man. He is half Connery, half Dalton. The perfect Bond actor, and relatively unknown. He will amaze us all as James Bond.
    No, no. Aidan Turner is the man. He is half Connery, half Dalton. The perfect Bond actor, and relatively unknown. He will amaze us all as James Bond.

I agree 100%

Absobloodylutely.

I never thought of Aidan Turner before to be honest. In my mind he still is Mitchell the Vampire. Being Human is the greatest show ever from BBC!!

But boy would he rock as Bond. He has charms galore, good-looking and can be real dangerous.
    talos7 wrote: »

Yea but both want the role
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Possibly, but I think EON would like an actor who does not yet have as high of a profile; that way he become primarily identified with the franchise. Of course if they are really keen on a more established actor they would go after him.

Has Hardy expressed any interest in or made any comment on Bond?

edited March 2016 Posts: 4,116
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Possibly, but I think EON would like an actor who does not yet have as high of a profile; that way he become primarily identified with the franchise. Of course if they are really keen on a more established actor they would go after him.

Has Hardy expressed any interest in or made any comment on Bond?

Both actors have ....both enthusiastic about the possibility.

Studio might push for a higher profile name. True Brosnan and Moore were the only already recognizable names cast. I really think EoN might consider either of those too.

Both on my opinion are better actors than Turner.

I wouldn't mind a better known name this time to help bring some of the audience back.
  • RC7RC7
    I want the suave back, not a brute in a suit. Hardy out, Hiddleston in.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    RC7 wrote: »
    I want the suave back, not a brute in a suit. Hardy out, Hiddleston in.

I'd tend to agree with you @RC7, Tom Hiddleston would probably be my pick if I had too, but having only last night viewed the Tom Hardy film Legend, I could see him as Bond. Maybe more brute than we might like, but Bond needs to have a killer edge. A little sadism and fight within. Hardy might not be super suave, but I do believe he wouldn't be a complete let down. I'd take either. They can at least act, which is great. Whether EON or the studio financing would go with either of them is another matter.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Oddly Tom Hardy never struck me as a possible Bond, a villain yes. He's be brilliant.
    I'd much prefer Huddleston or Adrian Turner. From first watching Poldark, I've thought
    Turner must be in the running.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

What about Moore when he was up for the role. Wasn't he 'too' established? The Saint, and Brett Sinclair in The Persuaders, didn't seem to exclude him from doing a stint as 007. Would love for EON to say they are going ahead with Bond 25 and Hiddleston's the man. DC's had his driving off into the sunset shot, let's leave it there;
    While successful, Moore's was a TV star, Hardy and Hiddleston are known for their movie roles. Of the two though, Hiddleston has the better chance.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    We need a Bond who can be both suave and be a brute. Asian cinema are good at conveying such characters, don't see why it should be so difficult for Bond in this day and age.
    Watch: This Means War
    Tom Hardy can be suave!!
    Aidan%2Bsuit%2BATTWN.png-large.png
    Ok guys we have the next Bond :)
    lefraik wrote: »

I actually thought that was Dalton for a second.
    tanaka123 wrote: »

That might then not be a good sign ;)

As for Dalton I feel like he could kill me in cold blood. Never seen him on screen but the picture looks great (too dark though but still).
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Oddly Tom Hardy never struck me as a possible Bond, a villain yes. He's be brilliant.
    I'd much prefer Huddleston or Adrian Turner. From first watching Poldark, I've thought
    Tom Hardy as a villain would be perfect!
  • RC7RC7
    jake24 wrote: »

I was saying to a friend recently, in an alternate universe where he hadn't made Legend, Hardy playing Jack and Seraffimo Spang as absolute bastards would be incredible.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 8,087

I was saying to a friend recently, in an alternate universe where he hadn't made Legend, Hardy playing Jack and Seraffimo Spang as absolute bastards would be incredible.

What do you think of Aidan Turner as Bond?
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2016 Posts: 10,512

What do you think of Aidan Turner as Bond?

He looks decent, but I feel like Hiddleston has more presence. There's more going on behind the eyes.
    Turner is the dark side of Dalton mixed with the charm and suave of Connery. I think he could be the greatest Bond ever. Fingers crossed EON have an eye on him as we speak! :x
    I really think they shouldn't go with Turner. He's not Bond in my eyes.
    I too like Turner, although I glad to see there are so many good possibilities. :)
    I really think they shouldn't go with Turner. He's not Bond in my eyes.

don't worry, you can join Turnerisnotbond.com when he is cast. >:)
    :))