Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    In the end, after an actor has been chosen, it will greatly depend on the script and director if the movie will be great, good or mediocre.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Hardy would be too close to Craig imho, and invite unfavourable comparisons for one of them.

I think they should take a slightly different tack (like Moore vs. Connery) to avoid such impressions.
  • I know Moore is respected around these parts, and I understand, he was the introduction to the character for many, but the world isn't gonna buy a soft, comedic Bond that can't fight anymore.
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Just to be clear, that's not the point I'm making.

I'm just saying that I think it would be better if the next Bond were a little more different from Craig, otherwise the comparisons will likely be negative for him.

Craig has done the 'harder edged, broken and dark' Bond very well, and he has had the benefit of excellent scripts allowing such portrayal, due to being the 'reboot Bond'. The next chap is not likely to be so lucky in that respect.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I know Moore is respected around these parts, and I understand, he was the introduction to the character for many, but the world isn't gonna buy a soft, comedic Bond that can't fight anymore.

You've made your point QUITE clear that you don't like Moore and his take on Bond in almost every post you've made. We get it already, anymore of this drilling and you're going to hit everyone in the Fusiform gyrus.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Murdock wrote: »
    I know Moore is respected around these parts, and I understand, he was the introduction to the character for many, but the world isn't gonna buy a soft, comedic Bond that can't fight anymore.

You've made your point QUITE clear that you don't like Moore and his take on Bond in almost every post you've made. We get it already, anymore of this drilling and you're going to hit everyone in the Fusiform gyrus.

Meaning he will kill you.

Oh don't worry about me, I have a thick skull. 8-X
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

I love all the Moore films, except for Moonraker. Can't blame me for that one. ;)

I love all the Moore films, except for Moonraker. Can't blame me for that one. ;)

Oh I don't, I love all the Moore films except The Man With The Golden Gun. :P
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Moore wasn't a great fighter, which may have been Telly's point, but certainly a suaver Bond doesn't mean a weaker Bond necessarily.

Moore was not weak in my view. On the contrary. When he gave someone that stare as Bond before he put a bullet in them or kicked them off a cliff, it was effective. Scaramanga felt it at the table I'm sure.

I'm sure there are suave actors out there who can fight.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    bondjames wrote: »
    Moore wasn't a great fighter, which may have been Telly's point, but certainly a suaver Bond doesn't mean a weaker Bond necessarily.

Moore was not weak in my view. On the contrary. When he gave someone that stare as Bond before he put a bullet in them or kicked them off a cliff, it was effective. Scaramanga felt it at the table I'm sure.

I'm sure there are suave actors out there who can fight.

Agree.
    Roger was perfect for his time. The best. Bit I doubt, he would survive long today.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I love Roger Moore so much, I even like TMWTGG, in fact, only because of Roger Moore that movie is watchable!
    Well, ok, and because of Christopher Lee.
    ...and Britt Ekland...
    ...and Lulu's great theme song...

but it's mainly because of Roger! :))
    edited February 2016 Posts: 45,489
    I love Roger Moore so much, I even like TMWTGG, in fact, only because of Roger Moore that movie is watchable!
    Well, ok, and because of Christopher Lee.
    ...and Britt Ekland...
    ...and Lulu's great theme song...

but it's mainly because of Roger! :))

All of the above. Maybe except the Lulu song. Entertaining, but not among the best.
    She really belts that one out. I love it personally. It's entertaining, as you said. Upbeat and lively.
    bondjames wrote: »
    She really belts that one out. I love it personally. It's entertaining, as you said. Upbeat and lively.

Maybe more than any other. There is that at least.
  • Murdock wrote: »

No, there's Moore stuff I like. Like the kicking the car off in FYEO, the plane jump gag is awesome in MR in the beginning. Oh, and I will say that there's the scene that always cracks me up where he kicks the fellow at the beginning of the karate match in, is it MWTGG?
  • I also do like the PTS in FYEO.
    I also do like the PTS in FYEO.

A kindred spirit! As miniscule as it is, that is something.
  • And I do seem to remember the whole 'dragged over the coral' scene in FYEO, as well.
    And I do seem to remember the whole 'dragged over the coral' scene in FYEO, as well.

That was boring.
    I think I should and could be a bond actor,and my arch nemesis would be a character played by Sean Connery.
  • RC7RC7
    edited February 2016 Posts: 10,512
    Thinking Moore is soft is nonsense. He'd have put anyone in here on their arse. That's why he's so flippant. The braggers are the bullshitters. He doesn't need to postulate, he's the man.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 1,386
    Hiddleston isn t the worst candidate to be bandied about here. I would give him a chance.[/quote

Tom Hardy. A tough guy. No more soft guys.

@TellyBlofeld Tom Hardy is making more Mad Max movies and on his way to becoming established in the public's eye as that character in what will be an ongoing lead role in a different film series. I just don't see the producers asking an actor who is starting up as an iconic character in another film franchise to play James Bond. Roger Moore did the Saint and Pierce Brosnan did Remington Steele but that was television and it wasn't while they were Bond. http://variety.com/2015/film/news/mad-max-george-miller-announces-more-movies-mad-max-the-wasteland-1201499904/
    If Daniel Craig does not return what Tom Mison the guy from Sleppy Hollow
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited February 2016 Posts: 1,130
    Sorry wrong i answered on the wrong topic
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    renno61 wrote: »
    If Daniel Craig does not return what Tom Mison the guy from Sleppy Hollow

I like Misson he's great as Ichabod but if people are having a tough time seeing Hiddleston as Bond then Mison isn't even worth considering. As he is now, he's definitely cut from the Roger Moore cloth.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Hiddy should play a big screen version of Doctor Who.. Chase some wayward time traveler keeping time in an eternal loop.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Thinking Moore is soft is nonsense. He'd have put anyone in here on their arse. That's why he's so flippant. The braggers are the bullshitters. He doesn't need to postulate, he's the man.

Agree. Moore was a very different Bond than Craig and also Connery, but he never ever was a soft Bond. He is an example of how they could go with a very different type of actor than Craig's intense, darker, gritty bond. But EON will never cast an actor like Hiddleston who in interviews comes off like a, soft, eager to please puppy who is about as macho as Barry Manilow.

Whether the next Bond film is lighter, darker, whatever the tone, an innate masculine nature is still going to be the most important single quality a Bond actor must project not just on film as good actors can fake anything, but in the millions of interviews a Bond actor must give. Hiddleston is simply the current flavor of the month because of the tv series. He's about #22 in the "he'd make a great Bond" click bait sweepstakes. In March, we'll get still another actor touted in the press as the positively, already signed, everybody wants him, next sure thing.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Whoever they pick, they should bring Martin Campbell back to direct. He knows how to get a Bond actor off to a strong start, and is one of the best Bond directors IMO. Also I would love to see David Arnold return to score the film, too. I'm assuming Thomas Newman will leave when Mendes does. I think Jez Butterworth should be given the opportunity to work on a solo script, since he has some experience now, P&W should be retired.

That being said I don't see any reason to replace the MI6 crew, especially Q and Tanner. I like to see the familiar faces again, even if 007 is different.