Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    A past and future contender, I was thinking.

Not with that watch [-X

Giving some Necros vibes there. Or a blond Peter Capaldi.
    I don't get it, where's the joke?
    Thumb over the hammer, aim was off, and wrong watch hah

• peterpeter Toronto
    And I'm not saying the next actor has too look like Hoagy either, but I would like the next actor to resemble traditional cinematic Bond, either someone like Aidan Turner (Connery/Laz mould) or ATJ (Dalton/Brozza mould).

I have to admit, there’s something about ATJ’s face that has become very punchable. It’s not something that was apparent when he was a younger actor (in Kickass); but as his body developed and he took care of his fitness (beautifully, might I add), he seemingly developed a smarmy smirk and eyebrow raise.
    Benny wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is forcing their preferences on anyone @M_Blaise
    The whole idea of this thread is to suggest potential actors who we think could be James Bond.
    Obviously some members have an actor who they have in mind that has been repeated multiple times, but then I think we're all guilty of that. ;)

It's not the repetition, it's the picture galleries. Those are forced on us.
    peter wrote: »
    And I'm not saying the next actor has too look like Hoagy either, but I would like the next actor to resemble traditional cinematic Bond, either someone like Aidan Turner (Connery/Laz mould) or ATJ (Dalton/Brozza mould).

I have to admit, there’s something about ATJ’s face that has become very punchable. It’s not something that was apparent when he was a younger actor (in Kickass); but as his body developed and he took care of his fitness (beautifully, might I add), he seemingly developed a smarmy smirk and eyebrow raise.

:))
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    ATJ would be a "safe" if not boring bet. His smirk is rather arrogant
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    M_Blaise wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is forcing their preferences on anyone @M_Blaise
    The whole idea of this thread is to suggest potential actors who we think could be James Bond.
    Obviously some members have an actor who they have in mind that has been repeated multiple times, but then I think we're all guilty of that. ;)

It's not the repetition, it's the picture galleries. Those are forced on us.

Are you being held captive somewhere and being forced to look at those photos? Send us a sign ; we can launch a rescue.

In all seriousness scroll past them and move on.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    It's mid-2023 and NTTD wrapped long before its 2021 release date, so I would like to think by now, Barbara already knows who Bond 7 is or at least a vague idea of who Bond 7 is.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I really doubt it @SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ 😞

@peter , wouldn’t you think that they would have a number of possibilities that are being considered…
    or excluded? Several “candidates “ are aging out.
    edited June 2023 Posts: 1,383

Oh, why? @peter
  • buddyoldchapbuddyoldchap Formerly known as JeremyBondon
    edited June 2023 Posts: 155
    ATJ equals smug in my book, too street for Bond anyway. So that's a pass from me.

@Univex Quite startled about your post regarding Turner. I concur with all your points made, don't get me wrong. It's just I thought I lost you for a while, supporting Turner. Going all in solely on him even now.

I feel the same, still, after all these years. I mean I could be surprised by Barbara et al, but to me he's still the only true contender, at the perfect age actually.

I want Bond, true Bond. Is that too much to ask?

da9255a55591eae890bac44793c4ccf6.gif

• I really really dislike the idea of Aidan Turner as Bond. But I am not worried, because I know Barbara Broccoli is a very clever woman and she knows Turner does not have the gravitas to play Bond.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    That's Bond there for sure, lighting up a Morland. Now get on with it, EON.
    edited June 2023 Posts: 155
    I really really dislike the idea of Aidan Turner as Bond. But I am not worried, because I know Barbara Broccoli is a very clever woman and she knows Turner does not have the gravitas to play Bond.

You don't know what's going on in Barbara her mind, let's be clear about that. Furthermore, most of us disagree with your assessment Turner doesn't have the gravitas to play Bond. Actually it made me chuckle a bit. Thanks for that.

@QBranch You bet 🙂
  • In my opinion Aaron Taylor-Johnson is so much ahead of every other contender in terms of looks, in terms of talent, in terms of charisma that the choice should be very very easy.
    In my opinion Aaron Taylor-Johnson is so much ahead of every other contender in terms of looks, in terms of talent, in terms of charisma that the choice should be very very easy.

Yeah. I also think he's got that extra something.
    In my opinion Aaron Taylor-Johnson is so much ahead of every other contender in terms of looks, in terms of talent, in terms of charisma that the choice should be very very easy.

Chill out, Aaron. How's the voice these days?

I'd be happy with either ATJ or Aidan Turner. Both are the strongest candidates by miles at the moment, and both have all the attributes to play Bond - charisma, acting ability, presence, physically tough, AND they look like the traditional screen image of Bond.

• peterpeter Toronto

Oh, why? @peter

Just take a look at the new Superman movie that's gearing up.

DC has booked a date for this new film to be released (I think it's June of 2025). And they're down to their final three candidates in the running.

The last I heard, EoN has no script, they haven't booked a date for B26 (which is telling as tent pole films book years out), and, apart from media speculation, there have been zero serious candidates-- and as has been repeatedly said to me, script will come before auditions...

Unless something gets announced soon (cinema release-date would be a very optimistic sign), I think we are in for a little longer wait.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I wonder if EON are waiting to see where Mission Impossible go with the next two films, to see in what direction they should take Bond 26?
    It's rumoured Fallout played a big part in Danny Boyle leaving Bond 25 in 2018
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    If you listen to any press that EON have given concerning Bond 26, they always say they need to work out what direction they want to take the series in next.
    Therefore, a script needs to be written. A director needs to be hired. Actors need to be tested for the role, and then finally Bond 26 can go into production.
    How far along in this process EON are, we do not know. So everything at this point is pure guesswork and speculation.
    We are going to have to wait a while longer, but I strongly feel that they are further along than the publicly present.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I strongly hold firm that when we get a release date, then there will be optimism and a domino effect where news will come….

But if EoN didn’t have a script, or just an early draft before the writers strike, then they’re at the mercy of this shut-down. And this is where I fear they are at the moment.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Can't help feeling that they'll appreciate the extra time and breathing space that the writers' strike has given them to consider where they're going. I know it's frustrating but, to be honest, if it means we benefit in the long run then fair enough.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited June 2023 Posts: 8,571
    Venutius wrote: »
    Can't help feeling that they'll appreciate the extra time and breathing space that the writers' strike has given them to consider where they're going. I know it's frustrating but, to be honest, if it means we benefit in the long run then fair enough.

Agreed on everything you said…

I mean, if they were further along than we suspect, there’s nothing stopping them from releasing a date and auditioning finalists for the role.

But they’re not doing any of this.

Oh, why? @peter

Just take a look at the new Superman movie that's gearing up.

DC has booked a date for this new film to be released (I think it's June of 2025). And they're down to their final three candidates in the running.

The last I heard, EoN has no script, they haven't booked a date for B26 (which is telling as tent pole films book years out), and, apart from media speculation, there have been zero serious candidates-- and as has been repeatedly said to me, script will come before auditions...

Unless something gets announced soon (cinema release-date would be a very optimistic sign), I think we are in for a little longer wait.

Makes sense. The slightly longer wait is looking plausible.
  • The writers strike definitely bought EON more time when it comes to mapping out the next era and where to go. My only hope is that after the next actor is introduced and established, they’ll go back to putting out a film at least every 3 years.
  • edited June 2023 Posts: 6,677
    Just came by to say Henry Cavill looks ridiculous in this new spy film Argyle.

b13cfc44ac502b73b0b9d9faf39ac33e25a53e4f.gif

Now ATJ looks animalistic in Kraven.

fyybldfaaambxsg-1687201253291.jpg

But by the going of things, they will never be our man Bond.