Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

Well you must understand back in the mid 2000's I was very young (heck I was 18 when Craig was announced) so my knowledge of actors and my taste in film and shows was quite small it has moved out a bit more (though I sometimes still go for the actors and actresses everyone goes for like I said I am not a casting director for a reason lol) but yeah at least I have a general idea of most of the people on this list. However I really don't want Craig to step down just yet as when he does I sadly will begin to feel my age (at near 30 I think I have maybe one more actor before I start to be older then bond.)

Craig was the bond of my college years and of my 20's. I had my first serious relationship during his tenure and got over that relationship after she left me and then meet dated and married another woman in that time. I wonder if this is how people felt after the Moore era.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Huddleston good actor but does not present well as a modern vision of Bond to me.

Especially if he had to follow Craig. That's just my opinion.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited January 2016 Posts: 1,756
    I know it will sound silly but I wonder if they could get Pierce back, even just for one. He still looks damn good.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Nevermind Pierce, why can't they finally give Timothy Dalton his 3rd Bond film? He looks splendid for his age and would give one heck of a performance as a James Bond back for one last mission.
    Heck Roger still looks ....

You know lets just stop before this gets silly
    Lol, but somehow Dalton looks better now then back then.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    He needs to borrow Connery's wig then.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 158
    DELETED

Risico007 wrote: »
    again I feel I need to point out three factors for Craig

1. the man still looks incredible

2. He still wants to do it I believe

3. We live in a world of Taken other such films with older (50-70) actors being bad asses and doing amazing things. Again watching Bond mature And "age" in the roll and then having a soft reboot after the Craig Era (like AVTAK-TLD) would be fine this of course also means Craig could conceivably be bond for another 6-10 years and of course 3-5 films.

Yes, I agree with that. Craig could keep playing Bond for many years if he wants IMHO. I also think Moore could have played Bond into his 60s if they had made his character older. However, when Craig goes, I would like a young actor, around 30, just to change it up a little.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Yes, please :))
    doubleoego wrote: »

Yes, please :))

you know with CGI we could resurrect Barry nelson and.... Ok now we have hit insanity ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    To any Hugh Jackman fans who would have loved for him to play James Bond, you may enjoy this:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jan/11/hugh-jackman-hints-at-james-bond-role-with-007-long-impression-on-twitter
    LOL.
    He better gets Danny boy and they finally do the A Steady Rain film version, which has even been written. The idea was there and not a bad one. That would make a fine film.
    Jackman is too old to succeed to Craig and far too Wolverine.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Just NO. Jackman is a stage & muscial theatre actor at heart, and it show in his performances on film. He is not subtle enough to play Bond effectively.
    It was a video posted in jest and good fun. Calm down, everyone, Jackman isn't playing the next Bond.
    Its funny, how people would jump on such obvious bullocks.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Some people are too literal. ;)
    giphy.gif
    I bet he would if they offered ...NOT SAYING THEY WILL OR ARE OFFERING SO DONT START ATTACKING LIKE Y'ALL NORMALLY DO.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I wouldn't mind Jackman actually. He's a little too old now but could do a few.

My preference is Hiddleston and failing that, this Turner fellow seems interesting.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Well if your following the SF timeline then they could cast older and get away with it. Actually Jackman is popular enough at least in the States I don't think anyone would care.

Big name, big draw. .
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The one thing that amuses me are when people question Jackman's "manliness" He is a versatile actor who has done a wide range of roles. The obvious retort to this criticism is his portrayal of Wolverine but if anyone needs any more convincing, watch Prisoners The actor portraying the person being interrogated in this must have quite a bit of intestinal fortitude.

He didnt get the gig in 2005, so it makes less then no sense to go there now. But Daniel and him are best friends, so he could do another casting job, if Jackman has appetite for Bond as whatsoever. He has become quite a good actor.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I think, if they wanted to maintain the same timeline, he could do a couple. The only reason for this would be Daniel not wanting to continue, otherwise a younger actor, in a new incarnation of the character, would be more appropriate.
  • mcdonbb wrote: »
    Well if your following the SF timeline then they could cast older and get away with it. Actually Jackman is popular enough at least in the States I don't think anyone would care.

Big name, big draw. .

His name didn't help Pan or Chappie too much. I kind of wonder if he IS sort of half-jokingly but half-not putting his name out there, just on the offchance EON are still interested...his Wolverine gig is coming to an end and after two big flops in a row, maybe he's nervous about staying relevant.

Still, will never happen.
  • AnthraxAnthrax Sweden
    My vote would go to Chris Pratt. He would need to dye his hair black and possibly shave himself first though, and I think that he will not get the role.
    Anthrax wrote: »
    My vote would go to Chris Pratt. He would need to dye his hair black and possibly shave himself first though, and I think that he will not get the role.

The American who has been in a few blockbusters should be the next James Bond? Really?
  • Anthrax wrote: »

Good grief.
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Big name, big draw. .

His name didn't help Pan or Chappie too much. I kind of wonder if he IS sort of half-jokingly but half-not putting his name out there, just on the offchance EON are still interested...his Wolverine gig is coming to an end and after two big flops in a row, maybe he's nervous about staying relevant.

Still, will never happen.

Craig didn't help Cowboys and Aliens either ...nor has Harrison Ford outside Indy or SW.

Audiences sometimes though want to see certain actors in a role. I'm not saying he will get role or be offered or that it would work but I bet he would accept.aa
    dinovelvet wrote: »

Good grief.

Thanks for your suggestion but Pratt hits me as the perfect Indy.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    You're talking about Indy, not Bond, right? I'm assuming you were toggling between forums and mixed up posts.