Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited January 2016 Posts: 7,980

That's why I think 35 is just about right. if they do a film every three years that's 5 films at 47. It gives you youth with experience, a viable time between films and 5 movies.

• DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    After watching And Then There Were None over Christmas, I too am fully on board with Aidan Turner. I'd like to see a return to the classic cruel, dark good looks of Fleming and Turner matches this more than any of the other candidates being suggested. Good screen presence too, very athletic, looks great in a tux and can handle a gun...what's not to like lol.

And it may have just been the period setting but I just couldn't help but think that if Turner did take over from DC now, this would an ideal time to go back in time for a bit. Have a series of movies set in the original time frame they were written. Make it clear these are a temporary deviation away from the normal series by billing them as 'Ian Fleming's Moonraker' for example. Make a big thing that this is Bond going back to his roots. Think this could freshen the series up a bit before going back to a modern setting.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I can t believe all this love for that Turner guy. Awful choice for Bond.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 14,831
    Even if they were going to cast Turner, it does not mean they'd write James Bond like he was Philip Lombard. I guess they won't write Bond like he was Fili, or Kili or that Dwarf who does not look like a Dwarf either.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Matt Ryan could be a possibility .
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    After seeing Uncle....I'm warming to Cavill. But I would want a CR tone. I want Craig for one or two more though.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Mrcoggins wrote: »

First time out I read "Meg Ryan"... now there is an inspired choice! :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Just realised he was one of the junkies giving info about the missing daughter in layer cake.
    AceHole wrote: »
    Mrcoggins wrote: »

First time out I read "Meg Ryan"... now there is an inspired choice! :D

A better suggestion than Elba.
    Well, if you go by the British tabloids this week, then the question of Bond is a bit redundant at the moment, as the producers and the studio are trying to get Craig to do a further 2 films, Negotiations, will be done in several weeks time.
    Anyway, it doesn't matter what members here suggest, it all comes down in the end to Barbara.B's personal choice!
    ;)
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    mepal1 wrote: »
    it all comes down in the end to Barbara.B's personal choice!

Why does almost everyone say it's her choice? Is Barbara Broccoli calling all the shots, and Michael Wilson is really second in command?

Why does almost everyone say it's her choice? Is Barbara Broccoli calling all the shots, and Michael Wilson is really second in command?

Yes, it is all down to BB, even MGW has said this.

Thanks, I didn't know that.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

I also think I read somewhere that BB overruled the others and went for DC over Cavill. I could be wrong though.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 1,098
    bondjames wrote: »

I also think I read somewhere that BB overruled the others and went for DC over Cavill. I could be wrong though.

That is a well known story as well.

I mean even in one of the British newspapers today, regarding whether Craig will stay on as Bond, BB was quoted as saying 'I love Daniel, and will do my best to keep him as Bond', or similar words to that affect.

• edited January 2016 Posts: 1,661
    Oh and on a side note I found Toby Stephens surprisingly good in it. He'd make a decent Hugo Drax now with the right script.

Toby Stephens has played James Bond!
    In May 2008, Stephens performed the role of James Bond in a BBC Radio 4 production of Ian Fleming's Dr. No, as part of the centenary celebration of Fleming's birth. The production was reportedly the first BBC radio dramatisation of the novel though Moonraker was on South African radio in 1956, with Bob Holness providing the voice of Bond.

Personally, I think he's a rather hammy actor but each to their own. His acting in DAD was rather pantomime in vibe (to put it mildly!). Arguably the cheesiest performance in Bond film history (well, ignoring the CR spoof).

Aiden Turner's age - 32 - must give him a major advantage. If Craig does two more Bond films - six years time frame - Turner will still be under 40. I think he'll get some attention from EON but whether he is the next Bond, who knows!
    Stephens was awful in DAD and he can be hammy but it worked in ATTWN.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Stephens was awful in DAD and he can be hammy but it worked in ATTWN.

Agreed.

You ran me off the road!
    I've just seen And Then There Were None. It's pretty well made.

If nothing else, Aidan Turner would make a good period Bond.
    He looks good and tge miniseries sounds intriguing.
    He looks good and tge miniseries sounds intriguing.
  • talos7 wrote: »

Looks like he'd have trouble taking Q in a fight.
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »

Looks like he'd have trouble taking Q in a fight.

He is a bit wiry. ;)

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    He did take on the Hulk. He lost ...badly but kudos for standing up :D
    I am slowly boarding the hiddleston train. As for Aiden Turner he gives off an Adrian Paul vibe. Now mind you I loved Adrian Paul and he was my pick to replace Brosnan but still I think I would be happier if Turner played Duncan Macleod in that Highlander reboot that keeps being kicked around (with Thomas Jane as Connor the man looks exactly like Christopher Lambert)

My number one choice is still Hardy but since that is becoming a pipe dream Hiddleston wouldn't be a bad second choice
    Wasn't Adrian Paul a bit old to replace Brosnan?

Possibly, but he seems to have the "Tom Cruise Gene" Even now he looks remarkably good.

talos7 wrote: »

Possibly, but he seems to have the "Tom Cruise Gene" Even now he looks remarkably good.

Still, would you take the risk? The Brosnan gene made him look younger than he was... until he started looking his age! Very good looking man for his age, but still his age.