Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• edited February 2023 Posts: 175
    He's obviously not very well known at all, but Luke Fetherston from Flowers in the Attic: The Origin has a good look for Bond in my opinion. Apparently he's a theatre actor that switched to TV/film more recently. The first picture is from a few days ago at the Bafta Rising Star event.

MV5BZGJiY2M3NTgtYmRjYy00MjhkLTkwYWItOGUxN2ViOTExOTgyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzg5ODM1MDE@._V1_.jpg

MV5BMWIzMjAxNjItYzE2ZS00MGFkLWI5NzctY2VkMGMxMGU2YzQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzg5ODM1MDE@._V1_UY1200_CR87,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Luke-Opener.jpg

large-1656616995-0de9868c6908b818148b6a5d9e8e4249.jpg
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Venutius wrote: »
    Yes, indeed. Pierce was born to be Bond. Sometimes you can just see it, eh?

The first picture of Craig as Bond also convinced me that he was the right guy for the job, at least in the looks department.

The first picture of Craig as Bond had him getting on/off a plane or something, I didn't doubt he was Bond. Not that I had any doubts before that.
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 3,279
    LucknFate wrote: »
    I think I'm quitting the forum. Goodbye.

Really? Over one silly spat? If I felt like that every time I had a disagreement or objection thrown at me, I'd have left this forum years ago.
    Yeah I don't like how your feedback was handled.
    At this point here I'm trying very hard not to say `grow up, stop behaving like Generation Z Millennials' because it may offend.

Damn, I just said it....
    giphy.gif

And yes, that clip of Dalton embodies exactly the kind of qualities the producers should be looking for in the next Bond. Some of the suggestions and photos been posted here show actors looking too pretty, kind and nice.

Isaacs is too old now, but this is the kind of actor they should be looking for. Looks tough and ruthless even when posing and smiling at the camera...

Scourse-Stars-Jason-Isaacs.jpg

PRI_218961315.jpg

He's obviously not very well known at all, but Luke Fetherston from Flowers in the Attic: The Origin has a good look for Bond in my opinion. Apparently he's a theatre actor that switched to TV/film more recently. The first picture is from a few days ago at the Bafta Rising Star event.

MV5BZGJiY2M3NTgtYmRjYy00MjhkLTkwYWItOGUxN2ViOTExOTgyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzg5ODM1MDE@._V1_.jpg

MV5BMWIzMjAxNjItYzE2ZS00MGFkLWI5NzctY2VkMGMxMGU2YzQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzg5ODM1MDE@._V1_UY1200_CR87,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Luke-Opener.jpg

large-1656616995-0de9868c6908b818148b6a5d9e8e4249.jpg

Jonathan Rhys Meyers’ and Matthew Goode’s love child.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    I just want to leave this here, just because I can. I miss him, in this day and age.

GettyImages-1080440374.jpg
    I just want to leave this here, just because I can. I miss him, in this day and age.

The definitive screen Bond. He may not be a carbon copy of the Fleming Bond, but translated to the big screen, there will never be anyone better that can match the full package Connery had.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

The definitive screen Bond. He may not be a carbon copy of the Fleming Bond, but translated to the big screen, there will never be anyone better that can match the full package Connery had.

Correct. In fact, I don't think I'd want a carbon copy of Fleming's Bond. ;-)

Correct. In fact, I don't think I'd want a carbon copy of Fleming's Bond. ;-)

I'd (almost) kill for one!
    Hoagy Carmichael isn't my idea of Bond.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Ditto…
    What if since today is Super Bowl sunday we got the teaser for bond 26

Picture it it’s the gun barrel with Johnson and then of fades to black and then shows the title

The Property of a lady
    Directed by Christopher Nolan
    November 2024

That would be cool

Cue Tina Turner: Simply the Best.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    I can see it in some photos. If someone had posted the following headshot as a candidate I would probably have said he wasn’t a bad choice:
    Pv8NOVp.jpg
    edited February 2023 Posts: 1,318

I was referring to everything that encompasses true Bond. Carmichael isn't that. Handsome fella in that photo, by the way.

I was referring to everything that encompasses true Bond. Carmichael isn't that. Handsome fella in that photo, by the way.

My bad. I thought we were talking about looks.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Risico007 wrote: »

Picture it it’s the gun barrel with Johnson and then of fades to black and then shows the title

The Property of a lady
    November 2024

That would be cool

That would be exciting. Imagine if that's how they announced the new Bond and they managed to keep it under wraps
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »

The Property of a lady
    November 2024

That would be cool

That would be exciting. Imagine if that's how they announced the new Bond and they managed to keep it under wraps

Like this place would crash we would have so much to talk about the title the director the actor all in one shot
    LucknFate wrote: »
    I think I'm quitting the forum. Goodbye.

Really? Over one silly spat? If I felt like that every time I had a disagreement or objection thrown at me, I'd have left this forum years ago.
    Yeah I don't like how your feedback was handled.
    At this point here I'm trying very hard not to say `grow up, stop behaving like Generation Z Millennials' because it may offend.

Damn, I just said it....
    giphy.gif

And yes, that clip of Dalton embodies exactly the kind of qualities the producers should be looking for in the next Bond. Some of the suggestions and photos been posted here show actors looking too pretty, kind and nice.

Isaacs is too old now, but this is the kind of actor they should be looking for. Looks tough and ruthless even when posing and smiling at the camera...

Scourse-Stars-Jason-Isaacs.jpg

PRI_218961315.jpg

Circa 2005, Jason Isaacs would have been
    my choice as Bond. More than James Purefoy, Dominic West, etc. And I'm only mentioning those I liked then. Apparently he's quite mild mannered in real life, even a wuss, by his own admission.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade

The first picture of Craig as Bond also convinced me that he was the right guy for the job, at least in the looks department.

But to be fair, he got off to a less than perfect start:
    daniel-craig-is-announced-as-the-new-james-bond-1350415778-view-1.jpg

Things got better slowly, but not immediately:
    GettyImages-55920525.jpg

Then, a haircut, and I was convinced.

• edited February 2023 Posts: 784
    He did look very good in the long hair too. That hairstyle alone would have made Spectre a more grounded and plausible film.

daniel-craig-giovane-007-ansa-635x423.jpg
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 2,895
    I can see it in some photos. If someone had posted the following headshot as a candidate I would probably have said he wasn’t a bad choice:
    Pv8NOVp.jpg

The Fleming Carmichael description gives a very different image of Bond I find when compared to the comics and films that came later. More old fashioned, refined, more quintessentially English. It's not an image that resonates with me personally, and to me I find it easier to picture Sherlock Holmes like this.
    zebrafish wrote: »

But to be fair, he got off to a less than perfect start:
    daniel-craig-is-announced-as-the-new-james-bond-1350415778-view-1.jpg

Things got better slowly, but not immediately:
    GettyImages-55920525.jpg

Then, a haircut, and I was convinced.

That first promo image with Craig's slicked back hair and tuxedo is an odd one. He looks like he needs a shave, his watch looks strangely cheap, and the whole thing has a thrown together quality. I don't think it did him justice either, but they probably needed something to put out quickly and he couldn't get a haircut in time. That said, what really stood out about him at the time for me was his eyes. I was relatively young then/still getting into Bond, but I knew the literary character had those strikingly cold grey blue eyes which defined him. It was something that I suppose I saw in Craig from the get go and really struck me as Bondian, certainly before I'd watched anything else he'd been in.
  • The next guy could have dreadlocks.
    The next guy could have dreadlocks.

That unlikely possibility fills me with dread.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited February 2023 Posts: 1,368
    The long hairstyle Craig brought to his Bond unveiling, was the same hairstyle Dalton and Brosnan brought to theirs. I think Craig thought he was keeping his, But EON wanted it different for his era.

Oh, I think Moore also brought a longer hair to his Bond unveiling, but didn't keep it too. I don't know if it's because Moore and Craig had lighter hairs as Bond.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Roger Moore on the day of announcement in 1972:
    18671408_1668995966448641_4969031895289763073_o.png?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=973b4a&_nc_ohc=m4tdRYu_2x4AX95eu_N&_nc_ht=scontent-fra5-2.xx&oh=00_AfAmTQub8lgdG26yo9RyP9bfr67wXdEDD1loRgvDExxKZQ&oe=6411DC40

And here is Pierce Brosnan at 1994's Bond reveal:
    DnnpYzUX4AAAkU7?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

All very long-haired back in the days. Only Dalton was not changed much.
    There we have it - another hair-thread, Sorry!
  • edited February 2023 Posts: 784
    IMG_1419.jpg
    Sope_Dirisu_Portrait.jpg
    desktop-wallpaper-rege-jean-page.jpg
    john-boyega-personality-gwp-4-819x1024.jpg
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Roger Moore on the day of announcement in 1972:
    18671408_1668995966448641_4969031895289763073_o.png?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=973b4a&_nc_ohc=m4tdRYu_2x4AX95eu_N&_nc_ht=scontent-fra5-2.xx&oh=00_AfAmTQub8lgdG26yo9RyP9bfr67wXdEDD1loRgvDExxKZQ&oe=6411DC40

And here is Pierce Brosnan at 1994's Bond reveal:
    DnnpYzUX4AAAkU7?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

All very long-haired back in the days. Only Dalton was not changed much.
    There we have it - another hair-thread, Sorry!

and don't forget George Lazenby at the OHMSS premiere - another long-haired Bond.

ohmss-premiere.jpg
    It's not unusual for actors to let their hair grow between roles in case one comes up that requires longer hair.