Hold on to your cup of black coffee and slice of cherry pie...'Twin Peaks' is back!

Comments

• edited September 2017 Posts: 684
    Well...
    Those final moments will be burned in my brain. Sheer horror. When Coop asked, "What year is it?" my heart dropped into my stomach. Followed by Laura's scream and the lights going out. Straight out of a nightmare. Lynch has easily outdone the previous ending from 26 years ago.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,327
    Just watched the penultimate episode Whoa God knows what the finale will be like

Edited: Just watched the finale Wow

Edited: Several hours later I am still processing what I watched, no TV show has made my jaw drop like this one.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited September 2017 Posts: 4,043
    Well there we are then, much to digest although some of the theroies out there might offer some comfort to those looking for answers.
    Although I kind of hoped for some more of a resolution even though Lynch & Frost gave us that in Episode 17 although we had another episode to go.

I guess they could have ended it with 17, yes we have some resolution but then at the end of that episode when we think Coop has saved Laura she disappears.

Suggesting that he can save her from the fate that kicked off the original series but he can't save her from ending up dead, hence the screaming and the stabbing of the indestructible photo by Sarah, at the end of that episode I figured that was what had happened and a possible way to finish it while reinstating some ambiguity.

Although I think Lynch & Frost having created the series that changed the face of television and influenced all modern TV drama's since. The idea of resolving then leaving a cliffhanger like that would seem like back in the 90's quite subversive but not it's pretty conventional, so L & F weren't going to do that.

It feels like this series has been an exercise in offering a new TV experience for the generation that has grown up bingeing and having everything at their finger tips.

TP The Return completely subverted that, we had a very brief teaeser before it started but after that nothing to sign post the next episode, we started having no clue what was coming and each week we started the same way.

In an era where mostly everything gets spoiled before it goes out The Return was completely unique, it will be interesting to see if the approach informs future TV shows.

In this age it was refreshing, unexpected and very ballsy.

Once again Lynch & Frost delivers another ending that will be debated as much as "How's Annie" .

The internet is already awash with theories, I personally from my viewing looked at the outcome and why things had changed like they did was by rescuing Laura from her fate he seriously messed things up, the butterfly effect.

I don't think that is Cooper at Judy's diner if anything there are traits of Mr C and Dougie rather than Dale Cooper although so how he keeps some of the knowledge of his previous life why he's still looking for Laura Palmer, also noticed the white horse on the fire place at Carrie Page/Laura's house.

I don't think Lynch goes out of his way to infuriate us or mislead us with the ending Frost and him are just presenting their story and there is no FU to the audience which I'm sure some will feel the same way some thought David Chase cheated them out of Tony going out in a blaze of glory or going to jail in the very devisive end of the Soprano's.

Unlike GOT which has become a very different show to the one that it began as The Return has never really diverted from the first episode, the ending is very much in keeping with the previous episodes and makes total sense that it might end this way, anyone expecting a clean resolve doesn't know the original series and are not familiar with his work. If anything the last episode of Season 2 is more out of the blue than how this finishes.

Although I believe episode 17 did give us that, some are already interpreting episode 18 as a dream. I think some might think this is a cliffhanger and there is a season 4 round the corner but I don't think so.

I think looking back on it and hearing other opinions and theories the idea that Cooper is destined to always want to save Laura not realising that he can't, despite Nadine realising that she needs to let Ed go and be with Norma and also Norma realising Ed is the man for her, there are resolves but not for Cooper.

Someone else might decide to continue the story down the line or maybe even reboot it but I think it's creators are done with the show and this is their definitive full stop although...
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    After rewatching the final two episodes
    noticing several changes in decor, buildings,
    vehicles major temporal shifts taking place in episode 18. During the love scene Coopers eyes black like evil Coops.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns @Shardlake
    I hope to have more thoughts in the coming days. Right now I'm finding it difficult to come up with much to say. I feel like I have to rewatch the whole season (which I'm very much looking forward to doing) to get a better handle on it.

The thing I keep coming back to today is the title: The Return. The whole season now in view, the title can refer to many things:
    • The show coming back obviously
    • On a more meta-level, Lynch and Frost coming back to TV
    • Cooper returning to the real world
    • Cooper's long journey back to Twin Peaks
    • Cooper traveling back to the start of Laura's murder
    • Laura returning to the world of the living
    • Cooper bringing Laura back to Twin Peaks
    • And if the audio of Laura's name being screamed during the final seconds is anything to go by, a return to the very beginning of the show (i.e. Laura waking up the morning she ought to have been dead).
    Also interesting is what Lynch and Frost have done in reference to the idea of 'returning,' by which I mean that (a) this show is so wholly different from the old series, (b) the town of Twin Peaks is 'off' and different, (c) Cooper returns to his Twin Peaks fleetingly but doesn't stick around, and (d) by the finish not only has he become a sort of hybrid of the Cooper we know, EvilCoop and Dougie but we're left with him in a completely unfamiliar and nightmarish Twin Peaks.

The basic message I take away from this — literally emphasized by Laura turning up on the doorstep of her house — is that 'you can never go home' and that 'returning' is a difficult thing to do.

But however difficult it was for Lynch and Frost, they pulled it off. This might be my favorite single season of TV ever.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Suggesting that he can save her from the fate that kicked off the original series but he can't save her from ending up dead, hence the screaming and the stabbing of the indestructible photo by Sarah, at the end of that episode I figured that was what had happened and a possible way to finish it while reinstating some ambiguity.
    I like this take, though I took her stabbing the photo as the entity inside of her literally lashing out at the idea of Laura returning to life, almost like Sarah stabbing the photo is in fact what was responsible for Laura's disappearing behind Cooper in the forest.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I think looking back on it and hearing other opinions and theories the idea that Cooper is destined to always want to save Laura not realising that he can't, despite Nadine realising that she needs to let Ed go and be with Norma and also Norma realising Ed is the man for her, there are resolves but not for Cooper.
    A good observation of that parallel.
    During the love scene Coopers eyes black like evil Coops.
    Not my theory, but I was reading someone who thought the way those scenes were edited was deliberately misleading. That the motel stuff was indeed the already-mentioned BadCoop and Diane liaison, and that Cooper waking up in the morning would more correctly have followed on from the scene which began the entire season (the Giant saying Richard and Linda are in our house), which itself would have followed on from Coop and Diane driving through the electricity. (I guess that would mean this is where Diane became Naido?)

A couple other things from my end at the moment:

- Sheryl Lee is an amazing actress.
    - The entire final hour felt like the diner scene from MULHOLLAND DRIVE stretched out.
    Strog wrote: »
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns @Shardlake
    I hope to have more thoughts in the coming days. Right now I'm finding it difficult to come up with much to say. I feel like I have to rewatch the whole season (which I'm very much looking forward to doing) to get a better handle on it.

The thing I keep coming back to today is the title: The Return. The whole season now in view, the title can refer to many things:
    • The show coming back obviously
    • On a more meta-level, Lynch and Frost coming back to TV
    • Cooper returning to the real world
    • Cooper's long journey back to Twin Peaks
    • Cooper traveling back to the start of Laura's murder
    • Laura returning to the world of the living
    • Cooper bringing Laura back to Twin Peaks
    • And if the audio of Laura's name being screamed during the final seconds is anything to go by, a return to the very beginning of the show (i.e. Laura waking up the morning she ought to have been dead).
    Also interesting is what Lynch and Frost have done in reference to the idea of 'returning,' by which I mean that (a) this show is so wholly different from the old series, (b) the town of Twin Peaks is 'off' and different, (c) Cooper returns to his Twin Peaks fleetingly but doesn't stick around, and (d) by the finish not only has he become a sort of hybrid of the Cooper we know, EvilCoop and Dougie but we're left with him in a completely unfamiliar and nightmarish Twin Peaks.

The basic message I take away from this — literally emphasized by Laura turning up on the doorstep of her house — is that 'you can never go home' and that 'returning' is a difficult thing to do.

But however difficult it was for Lynch and Frost, they pulled it off. This might be my favorite single season of TV ever.

I am reflecting on earlier episodes though definitely need to rewatch it in its entirety, I think it's the greatest TV ever made.
    I am convinced Naidio/Diane is a Tulpa, in episode three Naidio refers to Judy as Mother I believe it was Mother smashing through the door.
    I am convinced the reality Cooper and Carrie/Laura are in is a reality where Judy has more influence or possibly they are in the Black Lodge. The owner of the Palmer house is called Treemont the name the old lady from Fire Walk With Me has with the jumping man/boy. The previous home owner is Treemonts alternate name which is Chalfont. Also I believe when Cooper crosses the electrical barrier Cooper and Diane are in 1956, look at the motel and there car the track that is played during the sex scene is the track from 1956 in episode 8 at the radio station The Platters - My Prayer which was released in 1956. Coopers car and motel go modern the next day, maybe a perception filter. Sarah Palmer is possessed by mother her rage when Cooper stops Laura from dying is intense, the smashing of Laura photo by Sarah is looped which could be perceived as the eternal loop of evil trying to destroy good. We see an infinite loop with Jeffreys/Industrial steam pot. I think the horror on Coopers face when Laura infinitely whispers to him, is the realisation of the eternal battle with evil.
    Very interesting thoughts @Fire_and_Ice_Returns.
    I'm going to pay particular attention to your 1956 theory on my rewatch. First I've heard it!
    I think the horror on Coopers face when Laura infinitely whispers to him, is the realisation of the eternal battle with evil.
    That makes a ton of sense based both on the hopeless look on his face and as an image to end the show on. There's also a lot of merit to the idea that Cooper has basically become the next Jeffries and Briggs, endlessly wandering through dimensions, trying to save Laura over and over, losing all sense of existence. As though he's nothing other than a pawn in the eternal game between the White and Black Lodges -- every time he makes a move to win the battle for good, evil counters -- and this goes on perpetually, to his own detriment.
    Very interesting thoughts @Fire_and_Ice_Returns.
    I'm going to pay particular attention to your 1956 theory on my rewatch. First I've heard it!
    I think the horror on Coopers face when Laura infinitely whispers to him, is the realisation of the eternal battle with evil.
    That makes a ton of sense based both on the hopeless look on his face and as an image to end the show on. There's also a lot of merit to the idea that Cooper has basically become the next Jeffries and Briggs, endlessly wandering through dimensions, trying to save Laura over and over, losing all sense of existence. As though he's nothing other than a pawn in the eternal game between the White and Black Lodges -- every time he makes a move to win the battle for good, evil counters -- and this goes on perpetually, to his own detriment.

There is so much to interpret at this time it's almost futile trying to make sense of it.
    The diner Cooper goes into where he has trouble with the Cowboys is called Judy, the Judy sign is huge which in itself is a statement of intent or the status quo within that reality.
  • TheSharkFromJawsTheSharkFromJaws Amity Island Waters
    edited September 2017 Posts: 127
    The Return has been some of the finest, most well crafted TV I've ever had the pleasure of watching. If nothing else, I'm sad that it's over and no longer have another episode to look forward to.
    That last episode is something that is going to take a while before I finally get it settled in my mind. I've noticed a lot of people complaining that "it didn't answer anything" and such, but if you've been watching this series and actually expected a nice resolution with everything answered, wrapped up with a nice bow, and handed to you, you have some serious delusion.
    My initial reaction is similar to many's, that Cooper saved Laura but "Judy", in turn, took her away and established a new reality in a new dimension. As mentioned in this thread, it now seems that Coop is stuck in the same time-jumping, dimension-hopping loop that Jeffries and Major Briggs were in, forever battling evil without end. Laura (or at least, whoever "Laura" is in every dimension) represents the eternal struggle and fight over good and evil.
    That said, I'm gonna have to rewatch everything to put together a cohesive, well-established theory. I do think that Lynch and Frost did provide answers to absolutely everything, from Audrey to Becky and everything in between, somewhere in the series, but it's up to us to come to our own conclusions and put the puzzle together by ourselves. I don't doubt that Frost's upcoming Final Dossier will provide more clues for us to use, if it doesn't straight up answer some things.
    @TheSharkFromJaws interesting thoughts though could you put a spoiler tag on what you wrote, I know a few people are behind with the episodes of The Return cheers.
  • TheSharkFromJawsTheSharkFromJaws Amity Island Waters
    @TheSharkFromJaws interesting thoughts though could you put a spoiler tag on what you wrote, I know a few people are behind with the episodes of The Return cheers.
    How dare you people not finish The Return yet?

I kid. I didn't realize I forgot to put the spoiler tag there.
    Gotta light?
    How dare you people not finish The Return yet?

I kid. I didn't realize I forgot to put the spoiler tag there.
    Gotta light?
    I quit smoking years ago ;)
    Been thinking about season 3 and gone back to my initial thoughts about Fire Walk With Me when I first watched it, I saw all of Twin Peaks as Laura dreaming a completely different life to escape the harsh reality of domestic and drug abuse. The dreams that Laura creates keep collapsing and a new dream is formed. Episode 17 when we see Coopers face omnipresent on the screen is a segment when the dreamer creates a happy unrealistic ending to that scene, all the characters in Twin Peaks could be aspects of Laura's psyche... One possible explanation.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    Been thinking about season 3 and gone back to my initial thoughts about Fire Walk With Me when I first watched it, I saw all of Twin Peaks as Laura dreaming a completely different life to escape the harsh reality of domestic and drug abuse. The dreams that Laura creates keep collapsing and a new dream is formed. Episode 17 when we see Coopers face omnipresent on the screen is a segment when the dreamer creates a happy unrealistic ending to that scene, all the characters in Twin Peaks could be aspects of Laura's psyche... One possible explanation.
    I'm sympathetic to that explanation but I'd like to think the entire universe the show created was something more than an aspect of Laura's psyche, simply because it's a much more satisfying experience for me — in the same way, on a micro level, that thinking about Leland's abuse of Laura was "Bob made me do it" is far less satisfying than "Bob is a reflection of Leland, and Leland Bob, and they are interchangeable and feed into one another" (that is, the more realistic figure on one hand and the more dream-like one on the other).

I guess what I'm saying is, thinking about it as just a dream or an aspect of a psyche seems almost too simplistic for it to be wholly interesting. I'd much rather both the dream/supernatural to exist alongside and in relationship to some kind of feasible reality.

But the beauty of what we've been given is that it's up to you to decide. ;)

For the time being anyway. Lynch gets a lot of crap for throwing 'random' stuff into his films, but this is unfair. I think he has a gift for engineering his films so as to allow various interpretations -- I think that's deliberate on his part. His films very much play by a set of internally logical principles. I think MULHOLLAND DRIVE shows that best. Lynch will never tell you what he intended (it was pointed out that the enemy entity Cole called jiao dai -- and which was shortened to Judy -- in Ep. 17 is actually translatable from Chinese to mean "to explain," meaning explanation is the enemy) but anyhow, there are dozens of theories about MULHOLLAND DRIVE, some of which make more sense than others. But the one or two that make a lot of sense really do make a lot of sense, which points to a certain craftsmanship at work.

On another note:
    Found this and thought it was funny.

xozap8xot4kz.png
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    I'm sympathetic to that explanation but I'd like to think the entire universe the show created was something more than an aspect of Laura's psyche, simply because it's a much more satisfying experience for me — in the same way, on a micro level, that thinking about Leland's abuse of Laura was "Bob made me do it" is far less satisfying than "Bob is a reflection of Leland, and Leland Bob, and they are interchangeable and feed into one another" (that is, the more realistic figure on one hand and the more dream-like one on the other).

I guess what I'm saying is, thinking about it as just a dream or an aspect of a psyche seems almost too simplistic for it to be wholly interesting. I'd much rather both the dream/supernatural to exist alongside and in relationship to some kind of feasible reality.

But the beauty of what we've been given is that it's up to you to decide. ;)

For the time being anyway. Lynch gets a lot of crap for throwing 'random' stuff into his films, but this is unfair. I think he has a gift for engineering his films so as to allow various interpretations -- I think that's deliberate on his part. His films very much play by a set of internally logical principles. I think MULHOLLAND DRIVE shows that best. Lynch will never tell you what he intended (it was pointed out that the enemy entity Cole called jiao dai -- and which was shortened to Judy -- in Ep. 17 is actually translatable from Chinese to mean "to explain," meaning explanation is the enemy) but anyhow, there are dozens of theories about MULHOLLAND DRIVE, some of which make more sense than others. But the one or two that make a lot of sense really do make a lot of sense, which points to a certain craftsmanship at work.

On another note:
    Found this and thought it was funny.

xozap8xot4kz.png
    Not keen on the dream theory either, though Lynch seems to be pointing the audience in that direction. Mullholland Drive is one of my favourite movies episode 18 could echo the final act of that film, either way Lynch is a genius and there is so much to interpret in his work. Theorising is much better than having it spelt out to the audience.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Twin Peaks: The Return was pure magnificence. Exceeded all honest expectations I had. Lynch is my favourite director of all time. I've seen the original twin peaks through four times and Fire Walk With Me is one of my favourite horror films ever. And yet I was overwhelmed in the best possible way by the series. How it was released, how it was constructed, the approach to storytelling and the revisiting of our favourite characters. All based around a gift of a role from lynch to machalcan - a thank you from a filmmaker to his actor. And episode eight was one of my favourite episodes of television ever created. The final episode haunting. Wonderful Mr Lynch. Thank you.
    Twin Peaks: The Return was pure magnificence. Exceeded all honest expectations I had. Lynch is my favourite director of all time. I've seen the original twin peaks through four times and Fire Walk With Me is one of my favourite horror films ever. And yet I was overwhelmed in the best possible way by the series. How it was released, how it was constructed, the approach to storytelling and the revisiting of our favourite characters. All based around a gift of a role from lynch to machalcan - a thank you from a filmmaker to his actor. And episode eight was one of my favourite episodes of television ever created. The final episode haunting. Wonderful Mr Lynch. Thank you.
    Reading that, I realized how excellent it is to see this season being so well-received around here.

Then I realized, reading back through the thread, that there did seem to be more buzz and excitement and anticipation when The Return was announced. So I wonder if the positive feedback here has been rather self-selecting in that those members not too enchanted with it simply ceased discussion because they dropped out?

I know @Thunderfinger said he had no way of viewing it. But others who are evidently fans of the original series (based on their comments early on in this thread) like @bondjames, @Tuulia and @Getafix haven't commented at all, and @ggl007 and @Tokoloshe seemed to drop off following the premiere.

I hope that's down to lack of availability/time to catch up instead of loathing, although I've heard the criticisms and completely empathize. It's definitely not the Twin Peaks of Twin Peaks fame.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    I'm mainly commenting on Facebook groups and reading theories with interest, but haven't actually had time to watch the final two episodes yet so I'm staying out of it until tomorrow morning when I'll finally catch up.
    Got you @Tokoloshe. Looking forward to any thoughts. Enjoy it.
    Taking the finale more literal based on information we are given...
    Treemond/Chalfont are Dugpa's which like Mike and the Woodsman are dark magicians, Treemond has appeared as three people we know during the whole of Twin Peaks. Personally I think the ominous looking woman at the Dutchman that evil Coops sees before talking to steam pot Jeffreys is possibly Treemond also.
    The woman we see right at the end of the same episode in the distance looking creepy as hell, to cut a long story short Treemond has used magic to mess with Grey Coop (merging of Cooper and evil Cooper?) and Carrie/Laura though when Laura screams right at the end the shroud of deception has either lifted or failed as Laura remembers.

Mrs Treemond x3
    latest?cb=20160816014732

FinderScreenSnapz047.jpg

twin-peaks-alice-tremond.jpg

Bosomy woman possibly Mrs Treemond?

RR_05665.R.jpg

I need to rewatch FWWM and Season 1 and 2 lol
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I know @Thunderfinger said he had no way of viewing it. But others who are evidently fans of the original series (based on their comments early on in this thread) like @bondjames, @Tuulia and @Getafix haven't commented at all, and @ggl007 and @Tokoloshe seemed to drop off following the premiere.

I hope that's down to lack of availability/time to catch up instead of loathing, although I've heard the criticisms and completely empathize. It's definitely not the Twin Peaks of Twin Peaks fame.
    I never left. :)

Really great this Return. There are a lot of things to comment and amazing images to remain in the history of TV. Things like:
    - Hellooooo
    - The gangster bros.
    - The three girls
    - Ep. 8
    - Diane
    - The final songs
    - Bob's finale
    - To see Cooper IN Fire Walks with Me and then the beginning of Twin Peaks
    - Laura Palmer
    - THE scream
    are so great that we could write pages and pages about each one of them.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @Strog, in my case it's definitely because I haven't been able to view it. Annoyingly it's only on Showtime which I don't subscribe to. I've been avoiding this thread to prevent spoilers. I'll pick it up as soon as it's released on home video and will post some comments.
    ggl007 wrote: »
    I never left. :)
    Glad to hear it! You're right, there are just so many incredible items from this season, and the urge to discuss them all is overwhelming to the point of inaction; doesn't help that many of them nearly defy discussion.
    bondjames wrote: »
    @Strog, in my case it's definitely because I haven't been able to view it. Annoyingly it's only on Showtime which I don't subscribe to. I've been avoiding this thread to prevent spoilers. I'll pick it up as soon as it's released on home video and will post some comments.
    Sorry to have drawn you back in, then. ;) No way I'd want spoiled either.

Speaking of home video, I've yet to see any announcement of plans along those lines, which is disappointing. Does anyone know anything? It's been years since I've felt the desire to own a contemporary series, but I'm so in love with this season I'd buy it first day.
    Treemond/Chalfont are Dugpa's which like Mike and the Woodsman are dark magicians, Treemond has appeared as three people we know during the whole of Twin Peaks. Personally I think the ominous looking woman at the Dutchman that evil Coops sees before talking to steam pot Jeffreys is possibly Treemond also.
    The woman we see right at the end of the same episode in the distance looking creepy as hell, to cut a long story short Treemond has used magic to mess with Grey Coop (merging of Cooper and evil Cooper?) and Carrie/Laura though when Laura screams right at the end the shroud of deception has either lifted or failed as Laura remembers.

Mrs Treemond x3
    latest?cb=20160816014732

FinderScreenSnapz047.jpg

RR_05665.R.jpg
    So you think Coop's and Carrie/Laura's situation at the end is more down to Tremond/Chalfont than Judy? I agree that the woman opening the door could very well be just another iteration.
    Indeed! I feel like I've got to start with rewatching this season though.

The more I think about it the more I agree with what @TheSharkFromJaws said above
    re: Lynch and Frost providing answers to absolutely everything. It's just a stern and blatant refusal on their part to offer anything in the way of exposition more than it is a lack of answers.

Mrs Treemond x3
    latest?cb=20160816014732

FinderScreenSnapz047.jpg

RR_05665.R.jpg
    So you think Coop's and Carrie/Laura's situation at the end is more down to Tremond/Chalfont than Judy? I agree that the woman opening the door could very well be just another iteration.
    Indeed! I feel like I've got to start with rewatching this season though.

The more I think about it the more I agree with what @TheSharkFromJaws said above
    re: Lynch and Frost providing answers to absolutely everything. It's just a stern and blatant refusal on their part to offer anything in the way of exposition more than it is a lack of answers.
    I think Treemond could be in league with Judy, the Black Lodge dwellers and the Dutchman dwellers allegiances are ambiguous. In episode 18 the large Judy's diner sign says to me, Judy/Jowday is in control of this world.

Odessa where Laura/Carrie is when Coop finds her... Greek meaning of Odessa: full of wrath. Feminine form of Odysseus

...which fits very well in two ways, Wrath of Mother of all evil and Twin Peaks is a Odyssey comparable with James Joyce - Ulysses
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited September 2017 Posts: 4,043
    Empire's take on TP The Return

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/twin-peaks-return-questions-answered/

Some great theories there guys, the thing about Twin Peak is has always provoked discussion and peoples takes on what they have seen. The fact that we can individually interpret it differently and allow others to look it from an alternative perspective is the mark of a real work of genius on Lynch & Frost's part.

I know it was a collaboration and I might be wrong but I see more of Lynch than Frost in The Return personally.

It definitely feels more like FWWM & Mullholland Drive than the original series which had Lynch's weirdness coupled with the warmer moments which I imagine Frost bought to the table.
    I'm moving through them too fast now for my liking. I'm already part of the way through episode 11. I must take a break and do something else. If I keep going the way I have been, the excitement will soon be all over. Like with all of Lynch's work, season 3 is addictive. It's hard to stop watching it in the evening and finally go to bed. It was the same with Breaking Bad. I haven't read the other posts in this thread recently in order to avoid potential spoilers but most have been very good with the spoiler tags. When I finish watching season 3, which hopefully won't be too soon, I will read everyone's posts in full, meaning the spoilers obviously.
    https://pitchfork.com/news/david-lynch-announces-twin-peaks-revival-dvd-release-date/

David Lynch...
    'Dear Twitter Friends,
    The stars turn and a time presents itself.'
    December 5, 2017.
    Blu-ray and DVD!

DJs4u2tVAAAweuE?format=jpg

Early Christmas present me thinks...
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 2,598
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,327

Just bought the Kindle edition, it reveals alot
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Just finished season 3. Very well done!

As usual, Lynch unravels his mysteries one small piece at the time, while simultaneously introducing new mysteries, some of which never get a solution. Lots of dreamlike sequences, and little interludes that have nothing at all to do with the main story.

But that last episode-what the hell, Lynch?
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I am a big fan of the first two seasons and while I find the third season interesting I’d have to say I missed the atmosphere of cozy TP and the characters that I liked so much. Maybe it also has something to do with the format.

Fine season but definitely my least favourite part of the saga.