Hold on to your cup of black coffee and slice of cherry pie...'Twin Peaks' is back!

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    bondjames wrote: »
    Madchen's looking good.

Saw Madchen on a show on Netflix recently a show called Witches of East End, had a look as saw Madchen was in it she looked fantastic.
    I had a thing for her at one point. Rented all her crappy 'B straight to video' flicks. She had a small role in Mad Men Season 5 and looked superb there too. I couldn't quite place her in the show at first but she was familiar. Then it clicked.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Madchen's looking good.

Saw Madchen on a show on Netflix recently a show called Witches of East End, had a look as saw Madchen was in it she looked fantastic.
    I had a thing for her at one point. Rented all her crappy 'B straight to video' flicks. She had a small role in Mad Men Season 5 and looked superb there too. I couldn't quite place her in the show at first but she was familiar. Then it clicked.

I was the same as her hair was died black, though it was only when I rewatched Twin Peaks last year I realised I had seen her in a few things since.

http://collider.com/twin-peaks-season-3-images/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial

Images of the cast...
    twin-peaks-season-3-images-ew-5.jpgtwin-peaks-season-3-images-ew-6-600x400.jpgtwin-peaks-season-3-images-ew-4-600x400.jpgtwin-peaks-season-3-images-ew-2-600x400.jpgtwin-peaks-season-3-images-ew-3-600x400.jpgtwin-peaks-season-3-images-ew-1-600x400.jpg

Thanks for posting this. Personally, I don't think that photos of the players is a spoiler but each to their own. Such photos wet my appetite.
    Bounine wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this. Personally, I don't think that photos of the players is a spoiler but each to their own. Such photos wet my appetite.

Put spoiler just in case people wanted to wait till the show to see the characters again, not long now till it all starts again very happy at the amount of episodes they have made.
    Absolutely. Nine episodes just wasn't enough.
    I think I'll re-watch all the episodes again. The last time I saw them was in 2012. I'll start with the second season (excluding the finale episode), as it's obviously not up there with the first, of which I'll move on to afterwards, followed by the finale.
    Season 2 thankfully picks up a bit near the end, though season 1 tone was phenomenal and was I was still glued until the big reveal in season 2. I may do the same on select episodes, and have a rewatch leading up to season 3 premier.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm currently trying to sit through FIRE WALK WITH ME in conclusion of my TWIN PEAKS "retrospective" experience.
    What's the name of the other Twin Peaks movie that was made?
    The Missing Pieces Is a collection of deleted scenes from twin Peaks.

Fire Walk with Me I think that film is very clever it's almost like a alternate reality take on the show, aspects are familiar though darker.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

There isn t one.

Did you know that the original name of the series was Northwest Passage, but I am glad they changed it before it aired. It doesn t have the same ring to it.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 2,598
    Yeah, Fire Walk With Me is excellent. Loved Kiether Sutherland in this but then I love him in most things. I thought I read somewhere that there was another Twin Peaks movie or maybe it was some kind of documentary. Guess I cant have been concentrating much at the time. :). Maybe it was the deleted scenes you mentioned.

I like the name Northwest Passage but it doesn't suit the show. Twin Peaks is better.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    The Missing Pieces is a collection of deleted scenes from Twin Peaks: Fire Walks with me.

;)
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 1,661
    The cast look a lot older. TP fans may be in for a shock just how much some of the cast have changed:

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/829371-new-twin-peaks-photos-show-off-returning-cast-members?fullpage=1#/slide/7

Dramatic change in appearance. Bobby looks so different! Fingers crossed the plot is strong and it captures the eccentric and spooky tone of the original show.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 2,598
    ggl007 wrote: »
    The Missing Pieces is a collection of deleted scenes from Twin Peaks: Fire Walks with me.

;)

Thanks.

I don't want to get my hopes up too high but in the hands of Lynch, I don't think we have cause to worry too much. I've been wrong before though. :). If I remember correctly, I think I read that some of the original cast will be playing different parts. I'm not sure if I like the sound of this.

I appreciated the uneasy, surreal atmosphere of Inland Empire but overall, the movie seemed to be too much all over the place. I'll have to watch it again though. I have only seen it once, in the cinema, when it first came out.

I looked at a photo of the older Bobby Briggs a few years ago, so seeing his pic again wasn't as much of a shock as it was back in 2012/2013. :)
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Season 1 was outstanding plus half of season 2. After that it fell apart for me personally. Hated the ending to be honest.

But: I am very curious to see the new episodes - maybe they really hit the tone of S1 again and this would be extraordinary.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Season 2 did fall apart but I think most fans acknowledge that ending is a high point.

I'll admit initially on the first viewing when it was originally broadcast in the UK that last episode was infuriating but over the years I've acknowledged Lynch's brilliance.

He snatched the series back right at the end and made sure it went out on a high after it being left to drift off into soap land and mediocrity.

I wouldn't expect it to be just like S1 though, I can see this being pretty dark but hopefully with the warmth that inhabited the best parts of Twin Peaks but I can see the tone of Fire Walk With Me being in there as well.

If you didn't like the ending and still do that might be a problem as I've a feeling that is going to play a big part in the returning Season 3.

Still gives me the creeps, love it...
    Is the dwarf returning?
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    No dwarf. Actor Michael J Anderson has serious physical and mental health problems these days. Carel Struycken returns as the giant, though.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Michael J Anderson was rumoured to have asked for too much, I'm not sure about the health issues but the word in the fan base as he thought he was worth more than what he was offered.

It's not like he's integral anyway, I'm sure Lynch & Frost can make up for him not appearing, glad that Struycken is back though.
    To me, it won't seem quite right without the little fella. What physical and mental problems is he having?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Four teaser puzzles...

• edited April 2017 Posts: 6,432
    To me, it won't seem quite right without the little fella. What physical and mental problems is he having?

If I recall he says 'you will see me again though it wont be me' to Agent Cooper in season 2 Finale. I'll double check when home.

• TheSharkFromJawsTheSharkFromJaws Amity Island Waters

If I recall he says 'you will see me again though it wont be me' to Agent Cooper in season 2 Finale. I'll double check when home.
    You're right, he does.
  • TheSharkFromJawsTheSharkFromJaws Amity Island Waters
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    Season 1 was outstanding plus half of season 2. After that it fell apart for me personally. Hated the ending to be honest.

But: I am very curious to see the new episodes - maybe they really hit the tone of S1 again and this would be extraordinary.
    I kinda agree. I actually wouldn't be mad if the series ended the moment
    Leland dies in Cooper's arms
    , despite the fact that we'd miss out on the hilarity of Civil War Ben and a couple really, really good episodes at the end.

You're right, he does.

:-bd Just watching the Black Lodge sequence, all these years later it is still unnervingly bizarre.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2017 Posts: 23,883
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    I feel the same about it falling apart during the middle of the 2nd season, but I did like the ending. Quite frightening and unnerving even to this day. This show has some of the weirdest characters I've ever seen on tv.
  • gumboltgumbolt Now with in-office photocopier
    I thought the few episodes immediately after the episode when Maddie was murdered were fantastic. It was cat and mouse, with the viewers finally one step ahead of Cooper by knowing who killed Laura and fearing for the safety of other characters in contact with the killer. It is a pity they wrapped up that in just a couple of episodes because we then entered into that difficult period of several episodes which went a bit off the boil. But the finale to S2 was spectacular. I am really looking forward to S3.
    The murder of Laura was like nothing ever shown on tv before. A watermark moment. You could say Lynch spawned the brutality we see on tv every day these days.